TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UCA/Mount

LTGT500

I am looking to replace the stock UCA and mount with a stout and adj piece. The car - a 2010 GT500 - is a weekend fun car, no serious racing but kicking it at the track for fun. Of course, BMR, Shelby, and UPR all provide UCA and upper mount. Currently UPR has the best price, however, the pieces are not powder coated. The prime reason for the change, I'll be lowering the car using the Eibach Pro Coil-over kit from Shelby and want to replace the UCA and mount to mitigate wheel hop and ensure proper pinion angle. I will also change the LCA (BMR), incorporate adj Panhard bar (BMR), and install rear lower control arm relocation brackets. The guys scheduled to do the work suggested I also change the Panhard Brace, any thoughts? And, if replacing the Panhard Bar is the thing to do, who would you recommend? There are so many variations. I'm fairly new to the Forum and look forward to the education. Thank you for your consideration and insight!

I am looking to replace the stock UCA and mount with a stout and adj piece. The car - a 2010 GT500 - is a weekend fun car, no serious racing but kicking it at the track for fun. Of course, BMR, Shelby, and UPR all provide UCA and upper mount. Currently UPR has the best price, however, the pieces are not powder coated. The prime reason for the change, I'll be lowering the car using the Eibach Pro Coil-over kit from Shelby and want to replace the UCA and mount to mitigate wheel hop and ensure proper pinion angle. I will also change the LCA (BMR), incorporate adj Panhard bar (BMR), and install rear lower control arm relocation brackets. The guys scheduled to do the work suggested I also change the Panhard Brace, any thoughts? And, if replacing the Panhard Bar is the thing to do, who would you recommend? There are so many variations. I'm fairly new to the Forum and look forward to the education. Thank you for your consideration and insight!

As you've already found, you have a ton of diffferent choices for suspension parts on your GT500.

Rather than tell you which to use, I'll just tell you what I used.

Roush adjustable Third-link (a.,k.a. UCA).

Roush 2-positon adjusable Third-link (UCA) bracket.

Roush adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA).

Shelby (BMR) adjustable Panhard Bar

Shelby (BMR) Panhard bar/body brace

Shelby (BMR) LCA relocation brackets

Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) 8.8" Low-profile axle girdle

FRPP Rear Springs

FRPP Rear Shocks

Baer Eradispeeed rear brake disc rotors & caliper relocation bracket

Shelby GT500KR Rear Axle Reservior (puke tank)

I went with the Roush LCA/UCA & UCA bracket because his products are far better built (heavier gauge, triangleated bracing, etc). than any of the competition I've seen and so all of the suspension parts would match. Roush does not show a adjustable panhard bar so I went with the Shelby/BMR offering, just as a matter of convienience and kept with the brand so they would also all match each other (panhard bar, body brace and LCA relocation brackets).

At the time I bought all of the Roush parts he had a "overstock" sale going and I actually picked up all of the adjustable parts for much less than his non-adjustable parts. I don't know if that sale price is still valid or not.

I went with the FRPP low profile axle girdle so as not to have to relocate my panhard bar, which is mounted parallel to the rear axle in OE form which is desirable.

HTH,

Phill

Archived