TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NO DRILL Front Plate Brackets

Tucker

Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

When I see a good product I get it for my car. If I'm going to put it on my car, I'll put in on my web site. This is a great idea and we stocked up with most every kit available

30 of the 50 U.S. States require a front license plate to be displayed. Ford has designed the stock Mustang front fascia's with pre-molded dimples (in most cases) which provide a means/location to attach the license plate using boring type screws. Not only does this ruin your front fascia, it can reasonably reduce the possibility of resale of the car to potential customers in on of the other 20 states and what if you relocate to one of these other 20 states. Now you’re left with two ugly holes in the front of your car.

So if you've "Been tempting fate without a front plate", the small amount you pay now will be much less painful than the $75-$150 you will pay later in traffic citation fees and court costs. And it looks good also! This bracket is hand crafted out of quality aluminum and comes with all stainless steel hardware. What does that mean? "No rust, no corrosion and show quality!"

•Satin powder coated surface

•Requires no maintenance

•Aluminum Construction

•Stainless Steel Hardware

•Easy to install

•100% Satisfaction Guarantee

No Drilling.

Eliminates the concern for drilling directly into the bumper, causing permanent holes.

Easy to Install.

Installation takes only a few easy steps and can be in place in less than 10 minutes.

No rust, no corrosion and show quality.

Hand crafted out of quality aluminum and comes with all stainless steel hardware.

No scratches or annoying vibrating sounds.

Rubber bumper protection in place, so no metal parts of the bracket ever touch the painted portion of the car.

Just $44.95

NO DRILL FRONT PLATE BRACKET

Here's a quick video we did when we installed it on our 2011 GT: VIDEO

2010 GT500.bmp

untitled.bmp

2010 GT500.bmp

untitled.bmp

When I see a good product I get it for my car. If I'm going to put it on my car, I'll put in on my web site. This is a great idea and we stocked up with most every kit available

30 of the 50 U.S. States require a front license plate to be displayed. Ford has designed the stock Mustang front fascia's with pre-molded dimples (in most cases) which provide a means/location to attach the license plate using boring type screws. Not only does this ruin your front fascia, it can reasonably reduce the possibility of resale of the car to potential customers in on of the other 20 states and what if you relocate to one of these other 20 states. Now you're left with two ugly holes in the front of your car.

So if you've "Been tempting fate without a front plate", the small amount you pay now will be much less painful than the $75-$150 you will pay later in traffic citation fees and court costs. And it looks good also! This bracket is hand crafted out of quality aluminum and comes with all stainless steel hardware. What does that mean? "No rust, no corrosion and show quality!"

•Requires no maintenance

•Aluminum Construction

•Easy to install

No Drilling.

Eliminates the concern for drilling directly into the bumper, causing permanent holes.

Easy to Install.

Installation takes only a few easy steps and can be in place in less than 10 minutes.

Hand crafted out of quality aluminum and comes with all stainless steel hardware.

Rubber bumper protection in place, so no metal parts of the bracket ever touch the painted portion of the car.

Just $44.95

Got me a ticket 2nd day i had the Car , now , i got me one of those plate holders . Looks and works great .

I just recently acquired my 2011 Shelby GT500, Actually, I won it in a contest at Best Buy. The dealer who co-presented me with my new wheels said a lot of owners don't like to put wholes in the front bumper because of cosmetics and collectiblity. He recommended a third party parts dealer to me, DaSilva Racing in Pickering, Ontario east of Toronto. They're friendly and did a great job in mounting a bracket to the underside of the car and mouning the front plate. If you're in the Toronto area with a Mustang needing a front license plate to be mounted without drilling, I highly recommend these guys. It's pricey at $169 but who wants to be mucking about with a car in our Canadian winter. Dasilva is a great after market parts store and they have special events going on during the good weather to show off your Mustang and have some fun too. My dealership has an event in June where Shelby Canada rents Mosport Park for a whole day allowing Mustang owners to take some laps around the track and get some tips from the pro's on handling your Mustang.

I just recently acquired my 2011 Shelby GT500, Actually, I won it in a contest at Best Buy. The dealer who co-presented me with my new wheels said a lot of owners don't like to put wholes in the front bumper because of cosmetics and collectiblity. He recommended a third party parts dealer to me, DaSilva Racing in Pickering, Ontario east of Toronto. They're friendly and did a great job in mounting a bracket to the underside of the car and mouning the front plate. If you're in the Toronto area with a Mustang needing a front license plate to be mounted without drilling, I highly recommend these guys. It's pricey at $169 but who wants to be mucking about with a car in our Canadian winter. Dasilva is a great after market parts store and they have special events going on during the good weather to show off your Mustang and have some fun too. My dealership has an event in June where Shelby Canada rents Mosport Park for a whole day allowing Mustang owners to take some laps around the track and get some tips from the pro's on handling your Mustang.

That's awesome!! Congrats dude. Did you buy a Windows7 Laptop or just write the essay to win?

Got me a ticket 2nd day i had the Car , now , i got me one of those plate holders . Looks and works great .

Second day and not even a warning? Dayum Canadian police.

I've had mine off for almost 2 years and stopped for various other issues and not one officer mentioned the lack of a tag.

Second day and not even a warning? Dayum Canadian police.

I've had mine off for almost 2 years and stopped for various other issues and not one officer mentioned the lack of a tag.

Same cop pulled 3 cars here where i live in a couple of days , i think he has something about " Fast Looking Cars " with no plates .

He got me , a Viper and i think it was a Solstice with a Corvette motor all for no front plate .

Same cop pulled 3 cars here where i live in a couple of days , i think he has something about " Fast Looking Cars " with no plates .

He got me , a Viper and i think it was a Solstice with a Corvette motor all for no front plate .

:redcard:

Probably needed lunch money. :rant2:

I ordered one of these....took it off after a month. I drove to Montreal from Toronto once and when I arrived it was hanging sideways and looked like I could have lost it over the course of the 500km drive. I plan on ordering one of these ... www.dmctag.com

It's $100 including shipping which is an extremely huge amount, but if it means not drilling into my bumper and not getting a ticket (I was pulled over for no front plate on the first day I owned the car) then I'm all for it.

2010fordback.jpg

Looks infinitely more stable than Craigs. I like the minimalist look as much as the next guy, but function over form is better in my opinion.

30 of the 50 U.S. States require a front license plate to be displayed. Ford has designed the stock Mustang front fascia's with pre-molded dimples (in most cases) which provide a means/location to attach the license plate using boring type screws. Not only does this ruin your front fascia, it can reasonably reduce the possibility of resale of the car to potential customers in on of the other 20 states and what if you relocate to one of these other 20 states. Now you’re left with two ugly holes in the front of your car.

•Requires no maintenance

•Aluminum Construction

•Easy to install

No Drilling.

Easy to Install.

Just $44.95

Great looking product. BUT JLT Performance is out of stock (01/02/2011) , they said by next week, they should get more brackets in.

I ordered one of these....took it off after a month. I drove to Montreal from Toronto once and when I arrived it was hanging sideways and looked like I could have lost it over the course of the 500km drive. I plan on ordering one of these ... www.dmctag.com

It's $100 including shipping which is an extremely huge amount, but if it means not drilling into my bumper and not getting a ticket (I was pulled over for no front plate on the first day I owned the car) then I'm all for it.

2010fordback.jpg

Looks infinitely more stable than Craigs. I like the minimalist look as much as the next guy, but function over form is better in my opinion.

This is the first I've heard of this type of thing happening with this product.

Did you contact Craig?

He stands behind his product 100%

Knowing how it mounts I can only assume something was not tightened up correctly or enough to come loose.

Thanks for posting this in my thread.

This is the first I've heard of this type of thing happening with this product.

Did you contact Craig?

He stands behind his product 100%

Knowing how it mounts I can only assume something was not tightened up correctly or enough to come loose.

Thanks for posting this in my thread.

Don't know if that was sarcastic or not but I was just providing my experience with the product. I had a tough time installing it because the screw did not go through the plate or the vertical part of the aluminum a cleanly as it should. It left a gap if you attempted to position the plate perfectly vertical and that allowed for some give. It could have been a drilling issue but It's not one I was interested in fixing. I also didn't like how the aluminum was riveted. It allowed some wobble. Maybe it was just mine, I'm not sure...but that was my experience with the product anyways.

Don't know if that was sarcastic or not but I was just providing my experience with the product. I had a tough time installing it because the screw did not go through the plate or the vertical part of the aluminum a cleanly as it should. It left a gap if you attempted to position the plate perfectly vertical and that allowed for some give. It could have been a drilling issue but It's not one I was interested in fixing. I also didn't like how the aluminum was riveted. It allowed some wobble. Maybe it was just mine, I'm not sure...but that was my experience with the product anyways.

You are correct. The Craig bracket is just too flimsey and rickety. It has too many pivot points to wear and work loose. There are much better brackets on the market.

• 4 weeks later...

That's awesome!! Congrats dude. Did you buy a Windows7 Laptop or just write the essay to win?

Sorry for my late response. I haven't been to this site since January. I registered my Shelby and received my certificate a few weeks ago. I bought a Compaq Presario CQ56 with Win 7 Home Premium Edition loaded. I was automatically entered in the contest. No essay required. :yahoo:

Archived