TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgraded interior package for KR

kr82

Has anybody upgraded their interior with the new interior packages for the KR's?? Anybody thinking about the upgrade...if so what is your opinion on this?

Are you talking about the "Shelby Upgraded Interior Package"?

Which features "a new sporty and elegant Shelby Leather Interior, along with Sport Comfort Foam Driver and Passenger seat back cushion replacements, which offer enhanced racing style shoulder bolsters, increased lumbar support, and increased overall comfort with the addition of high density plush foam".

To the best of my knowledge, my KR received the upgraded interior today at SAI. :happy feet:

Headed out there to see the car Friday. KR made the Bash, we didn't quite.

I had the say on the running gear goodies, my wife had the say on the interior. :slapfight: LOL

Black leather with blue contrast stitching, blue Alcantara inserts on the seats with 09 KR logo embroidery, and black leather/blue Alcantara on the center console, shifter boot, and e-brake.

Was going to post some pics once we get her home next week. I'll include some shots of the interior. The guy that does the interiors is Gary Disney, and he is great! Very knowledgeable and helpful. He will help guide you through your interior upgrades with a phone call once you place the order with Shelby American.

Here is a link to his company's website: Designer Auto Accesories There are some photos there you can see of some of his work on Shelbys.

Cheers,

Mark

Cool beans. Looking forward to the pics.

- Joe

If your original interior ( seats) are all black this upgrade is one of the biggest changes you can make to the car.

Adding a bright color insert to the seats make them stand out alot.

you can see the seat upgrade from 20 feet away, try doing that with a new drive shaft :hysterical:

Are you talking about the "Shelby Upgraded Interior Package"?

Which features "a new sporty and elegant Shelby Leather Interior, along with Sport Comfort Foam Driver and Passenger seat back cushion replacements, which offer enhanced racing style shoulder bolsters, increased lumbar support, and increased overall comfort with the addition of high density plush foam".

To the best of my knowledge, my KR received the upgraded interior today at SAI. :happy feet:

Headed out there to see the car Friday. KR made the Bash, we didn't quite.

I had the say on the running gear goodies, my wife had the say on the interior. :slapfight: LOL

Black leather with blue contrast stitching, blue Alcantara inserts on the seats with 09 KR logo embroidery, and black leather/blue Alcantara on the center console, shifter boot, and e-brake.

Was going to post some pics once we get her home next week. I'll include some shots of the interior. The guy that does the interiors is Gary Disney, and he is great! Very knowledgeable and helpful. He will help guide you through your interior upgrades with a phone call once you place the order with Shelby American.

Here is a link to his company's website: Designer Auto Accesories There are some photos there you can see of some of his work on Shelbys.

Cheers,

Mark

thanks mark..were you able to see some samples before you placed the order? How long did it take from deposit to where it is now??

The shelby store has 6 pictures of different cars.

Are you looking for pictures from a specific angle?

Shelby says 2-6 weeks, mine was closer to the 6 weeks cause I told them no rish it was winter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How can I find out Shelby certified installers in my area?

You can give me a call at 949-305-7818 or e-mail me at gkdisney@cox.net and I can give you the closest installer to your location. Classic Soft Trim are our wholly owned installation centers, but if there is not one in your area we have hundreds across the country.

Gary Disney

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's just me, but in several of the pictures, it looks like the stitching is done poorly and the leather is "bunched" and wrinkled on the installed seats.

Some are good, but some look a little sloppy...my OEM ones are better/tighter fitting.

Im in NY.

You can give me a call at 949-305-7818 or e-mail me at gkdisney@cox.net and I can give you the closest installer to your location. Classic Soft Trim are our wholly owned installation centers, but if there is not one in your area we have hundreds across the country.

Gary Disney

I agree. I would love to do this but I must say there are way too many wrinkles in the seats. I wouldnt waste a penny on doing this if thats the way they come out.

I don't know if it's just me, but in several of the pictures, it looks like the stitching is done poorly and the leather is "bunched" and wrinkled on the installed seats.

Some are good, but some look a little sloppy...my OEM ones are better/tighter fitting.

Archived