TEAM SHELBY FORUM

COLD AIR FILTER

wannab

ON THE O7 GT-H IS THERE A WAY TO CLEAN THE AIR FILTER ELEMENT OF DO YOU HAVE TO REPLACE...IF CLEAN HOW? IF REPLACE WHERE DO YOU GET ONE..THANKS

ON THE O7 GT-H IS THERE A WAY TO CLEAN THE AIR FILTER ELEMENT OF DO YOU HAVE TO REPLACE...IF CLEAN HOW? IF REPLACE WHERE DO YOU GET ONE..THANKS

Glad you asked this question. I have the same question for my 2011 GT500. With only 3K miles on it the filter seems pretty dirty already. I think they would be replaced and probably have to get from Ford or go aftermarket (i.e. K&N).

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

My ford dealer says we can wash them. However, I washed mine and it no longer looks blue. I'm going to get a new one. I like the blue color. :finger:

I resprayed mine with a blue air cleaner oil that is from Air-raid looks good as new.

I resprayed mine with a blue air cleaner oil that is from Air-raid looks good as new.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT I JUST ORDERED ONE FROM FORD RACING AND IT IS BLUE THANKS FOR THE #

Will check this out.

Thanks

:salute:

http://www.cruisermotorsports.com/AirIntakes.html

Blue-Oil Reusable-Filter Re-Charge Kit

This kit provides both the pump-spray cleaner and the special dirt trapping Blue Oil, in a convenient color coded pump aerosol form. Easily clean and recharge your blue color Air Force One or Mopar or permanent-type intake filter elements to make them perform like new. See your filter documentation for cleaning service interval suggestions.

Price: $21.00

Blue Filter Re Charge Kit

Well i bougth the K&N Air Filter cleaner and it works fine! I got a red color but i don't mind!

I do it every new year for the meetings! Wash it, dry it and oil it and install it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

SUMMIT RACING also has the Blue air filter cleaning kit, costs around $15.00, easy to use .

Archived