TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this KR authentic?

tdshelby

Bikeboy: Thru the 90's, at least....that's how "old" I meant. I haven't been in the field in...hmm, DANG! It's been at least ten years already! (Semi retired Aug. 29, 1990. Fully retired in the summer of.....ehhhh, 1996?).

BTW, if any of you have a keyless entry on your Ford but don't have the code, they put the code on a sticker in the lip of the trunk or the lip of the rear hatch on SUV's.

IF someone didn't remove the sticker, your code is there for you. I can't tell you how many customers I've had come in and tell me they forgot the code so they don't use it anymore and when I show them the number, they're thrilled that they can use the pin-pad again. And it's not something FoMoCo advertises (i.e. it's not published information).

Just FYI,

Phill

Gotcha...I kinda thought that was what you meant. I'm driving the old Xploder (99) and had just as you described happen to me as the 'newer' owner a few years back.

Went to the dealer for a few things, and asked about the pinpad. he raised my tailgate, went into the jack cover area and found it.

Sorry to be so far off topic here guys!! :salute:

Thanks Phill, as always.

Bikeboy: Thru the 90's, at least....that's how "old" I meant. I haven't been in the field in...hmm, DANG! It's been at least ten years already! (Semi retired Aug. 29, 1990. Fully retired in the summer of.....ehhhh, 1996?).

BTW, if any of you have a keyless entry on your Ford but don't have the code, they put the code on a sticker in the lip of the trunk or the lip of the rear hatch on SUV's.

IF someone didn't remove the sticker, your code is there for you. I can't tell you how many customers I've had come in and tell me they forgot the code so they don't use it anymore and when I show them the number, they're thrilled that they can use the pin-pad again. And it's not something FoMoCo advertises (i.e. it's not published information).

Just FYI,

Phill

The Ford code can also be found on the black box inside the door of most Ford products with this option.

Steve

> Gotcha...I kinda thought that was what you meant. I'm driving the old Xploder (99) <snip>

AH! You had Firestones on it, eh? <lol>

> Went to the dealer for a few things, and asked about the pinpad. he raised my tailgate, went into the jack cover area and found it.

EW! That's good to know. My neighbor has a Explorer and I couldn't find the code in the jamb on his. When you say "the jack cover area", can you be more specific? I'd like to find his for him and it is NOT on the hatch jamb.

@Steve: When you say "the black box inside the door", what specifically are you refering to? The PCM? Like I said, I'd really like to find my neighbors key pad code for him and he says he never removed it.

Sorry for the hi-jack,

Phill

Heck, a NON KR owner can get replacement KR rims/tires! Yes, but it'll cost you

I did and there's another set for the same price listed in the classifieds of this forum and on the SVTPerformance.com forum. For 3 grand, he can get a set of OE replacement 18" Alcoa's w/Goodyear Winged Boot F1's already mounted, w/TPMS sensors.

Since I've been on TS forums, I've probably seen 7 or 8 full sets of KR wheels/tires for sale or bought by TS forum members.

If I were looking to buy that KR on e-bay, the wheels would be the least of my worries. The stripes are going to be harder to get than the wheels but I know where I can get them done at a aftermarket shop for $500 for the OTT, not sure about the rockers though (getting the correct color code is the hard part, and I can get that next time I visit my SVT dealer). The wheels would be my #1 concern, not the stripes. The stripes are available through Ford Mo Co, not Shelby.

IMHO, that Kenwood stereo is going to be a bitch to make back to stock. I'm not sure what was in that spot before the installed the monitor/head so maybe it'll be easier than I think. I agree...not sure what they did to the wiring. There was a Shaker 500 in place before the upgrade. Hey, I have a Shaker 500 i'd be willing to sell to the new owner...lol.

The quarter windows are cake. Pull the SHR louvers and put a set of OEM glass back in. Agreed

But did the KR's come with the non-lighted SVT door sill plates??? I thought they had the CSM# engraved, ala the Super Snake. The SVT sill plates are correct. The CSM plates are now offered to KR owners through Shelby.

Oh, and that "Ford Racing" supercharger is a flat out lie. That's a stock Eaton as far as I can tell. It's *definately* not a TVS 2.3L or a Whipple 2.9L "Ford Racing" blower. Yes, the KR comes equipped with the same blower as the 2007-09 GT-500's.

And I was wondering what the heck that pin-pad was in the photo's, and where the heck it was mounted. Thanks for that tidbit, Bikeboy! I was thinking it was a keyless entry pad like the old Fords had OEM.

EDIT for spelling: I REALLY need to proof read *before* I hit the save button, not after!

Phill

Its not a bad looking car but its a little too "pimp my ride" for me. Don't like the wheels. At least put on Shelby replacement wheels. Sheesh.

Athough you can replace the KR wheels outside of SAI for about $3K, you also have the stripes to replace (whats with the "RAD KR"? Whats that? :headscratch:

If I'm buying a GT500KR" I'd want it to say GT500KR...not RAD KR.

I agree with Terumi71. If you want a pimped out GT500 buy a pimped out GT500 and pay used GT500 prices. If you want a KR buy one that's still as it came from the factory. this one will cost at least $6-7K to put back to stock form not to mention the time and aggravation of doing it.

Hey I thank all you owners and Steve for taking the time to answer my questions about this modified KR. I am so glad I found this forum before making a big mistake. It has always been my dream to own a Shelby. I think I will look at a newer Shelby GT500 without KR or other upgrades. Looks like I can get one for less money and I would feel better about driving it a little more liberally. This is by far the best forum I have ever seen for accurate and FAST information. Thanks again.

tdshelby

Hey I thank all you owners and Steve for taking the time to answer my questions about this modified KR. I am so glad I found this forum before making a big mistake. It has always been my dream to own a Shelby. I think I will look at a newer Shelby GT500 without KR or other upgrades. Looks like I can get one for less money and I would feel better about driving it a little more liberally. This is by far the best forum I have ever seen for accurate and FAST information. Thanks again.

tdshelby

td

I'm a firm believer that there is a "right car" out there for all of us. This one probably wasn't the one for you but the good thing is there are more Shelby's out there. There is so much knowledge on Team Shelby from its members and the best part is all you have to do is ask. Good luck with your hunt.

Steve

• 9 months later...

I picked up the Metalic Silver and blue KR pictured, and am so glad I did not buy the RAD KR (what ever that is). I love the car. I drive it a lot, no sense in having a SHELBY of any type and not drive it. Again thanks for being the best forum on the web.

Archived