TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paxton Install Completed

I finally completed the Paxton install yesterday. Doubled checked all the connections and no leaks etc. After a warm up I pushed it a bit hard and WOO HOO can I say "Where have you been all my life?" That just completes the Shelby in my opinion. I also added the Steeda delete plates and MSD coil paks. I have a base line Dyno number from last year so its back to the shop to see what the gains are. Sure puts a an even bigger smile on my face now. Next track day is March 5th.

The hardest part was relocating the power steering pump to the other side of the radiator. Not much room there but made a few modifications so it fit. They need to hire me to write thier instructions which at time were not too clear. Looking forward to warmer weather and driving more. Drive safe guys and gals!

I finally completed the Paxton install yesterday. Doubled checked all the connections and no leaks etc. After a warm up I pushed it a bit hard and WOO HOO can I say "Where have you been all my life?" That just completes the Shelby in my opinion. I also added the Steeda delete plates and MSD coil paks. I have a base line Dyno number from last year so its back to the shop to see what the gains are. Sure puts a an even bigger smile on my face now. Next track day is March 5th.

The hardest part was relocating the power steering pump to the other side of the radiator. Not much room there but made a few modifications so it fit. They need to hire me to write thier instructions which at time were not too clear. Looking forward to warmer weather and driving more. Drive safe guys and gals!

Nice work can't wait to see your #'s and you should end up grading to the new ford racing intake it should give a nice little jump. I may go that route one day but I still say an electric leaf blower would be the way to go.

Nice...and boy are you right about the Paxton instructions. I do not like the relocation of the power steering reservoir or the coolant reservoir. The air to air intercooler is even worse. I didn't think I was going to have any metal left on the brackets because I had to slot them almost all the way to the top and the bumper cover barely fit. I'm currently arguing with them about the supercharger bracket. The SC does not fit in the bracket I have and I've already sent it back once...getting ready to do it again. UGH! Glad yours went smoothly though.

Congrats,

Which shop are you using?

I bought the kit from Brenspeed and installed it myself. I love to work on things mechanical.

Congrats,

Which shop are you using?

Hopefully our Mustang club here in Atlanta will schedule another Dyno day at Mo's speed shop in Dallas Ga soon, maybe within 60 days. Going to run at Talladega Gran Prix track on March 5th with my SCCA group.

Yes, I got that part and it looks like you did a good job, I was asking where you are planning on getting it dynoed .

Does the Paxton SC have the Shelby name on it? Or does it have just the Paxton name on it? Also how do you like the everyday driveability of this car now that the Paxton is installed?

Thanks-

Great question Swede , i was wondering that myself. :headscratch:

Scotty :peelout::peelout::peelout:

The Paxton has the Novi/Paxton name and serial/model number on the plate. I have a Shelby Paxton ID plate too but haven't decided where to mount it. The driveability around town so far is great. I love the extra punch the car has now. Plus I love the sound of the Paxton too. Just need to download some pictures.

Does the Paxton SC have the Shelby name on it? Or does it have just the Paxton name on it? Also how do you like the everyday driveability of this car now that the Paxton is installed?

Thanks-

let me try to upload these 5 photos, sorry for the blurry one

The Paxton has the Novi/Paxton name and serial/model number on the plate. I have a Shelby Paxton ID plate too but haven't decided where to mount it. The driveability around town so far is great. I love the extra punch the car has now. Plus I love the sound of the Paxton too. Just need to download some pictures.

Paxton Supercharger.jpg

Blow off vavle.jpg

Paxton Supercharger 2.jpg

Shelby badge.jpg

Paxton Supercharger 3.jpg

Paxton Supercharger.jpg

Blow off vavle.jpg

Paxton Supercharger 2.jpg

Shelby badge.jpg

Paxton Supercharger 3.jpg

let me try to upload these 5 photos, sorry for the blurry one

Nice pic's but will tell you this if I ever do the deed the intake tube will be cut and tubed down like I have done with my brake duct tube going into the air box so your getting more cooler air. I will post my pic of the hose running up so you see what I mean. I'm going to do this also for the summer moving the mass air sensor into the front bumper. I will use PVC tubing.

I miss you SWEDMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartbreaker:

post-18733-0-87133400-1297121140_thumb.jpg

post-18733-0-87133400-1297121140_thumb.jpg

Yep, I thought of that too. Where is the air coming from?

Nice pic's but will tell you this if I ever do the deed the intake tube will be cut and tubed down like I have done with my brake duct tube going into the air box so your getting more cooler air. I will post my pic of the hose running up so you see what I mean. I'm going to do this also for the summer moving the mass air sensor into the front bumper. I will use PVC tubing.

I miss you SWEDMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartbreaker:

Well I went to Mo's Speed Shop this morning to see if I could schedule a dyno run for the Shelby and he told me "How about right now"! Cool, so we strapped it down and ran three pulls. The best was 436 RWHP 374 max torque. That was an improvement over stock by 158 RWHP. He told me the fuel was a little rich after 5k RP...Ms and if adjusted correctly I should see 450 RWHP easy. I'm very pleased with those numbers and it was the best bang for the buck. Woo Hoo!!

See More

Well I went to Mo's Speed Shop this morning to see if I could schedule a dyno run for the Shelby and he told me "How about right now"! Cool, so we strapped it down and ran three pulls. The best was 436 RWHP 374 max torque. That was an improvement over stock by 158 RWHP. He told me the fuel was a little rich after 5k RP...Ms and if adjusted correctly I should see 450 RWHP easy. I'm very pleased with those numbers and it was the best bang for the buck. Woo Hoo!!

See More

Nice #'s, a little rich after 5K ain't such a bad idea on pump gas.

I suppose so, I couldn't tell if the motor had another 14 hp anyway!

Nice #'s, a little rich after 5K ain't such a bad idea on pump gas.

Right now the air is brought in from the Agent 47 brake cooling scoop and does work cause the hose is up against the air filter and you can see the impression of the air being forced against it plus a nice dirt ring.

When I do the swap it will just be reversed air filter into bumper and leaving the brake scoop so its pushing air to the filter but not direct to it so you won't get water soaked. But great numbers being a little rich up in 5,000 is better than being a little lean at that rpm. I would pull just one plug to make sure its not to lean just for safety. I used my SCT tuner and richen the WOT since upped the timing.

I ran across the intercooler reservoir from Moroso and Canton where it is mounted where the battery is nice set up big for a lot of ice or dry ice. If will be my best friend forever you may get that for your birthday !!!! ;):wub:

Archived