TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1 3/4 or 1 7/8, what's the real criteria?

notstock

Now that my suspension is done i am looking at headers, etc. I am contemplating Dynatech, Kooks, and American Racing. I now have 518 at the wheels but want to end up with around 600-625 RWHP. For X-pipe, cat-back i'm looking at the Magnaflow 63374 series, or the full Borla set-up. Also, should i go with 2.5" for everything or 3", and i'm also considering just doing the Borla stuff with stock headers.....or going from 3" to my existing axle back. Any suggestions? I know a lot of info is in the forums and i have read them but would like some fresh responses. I'm looking for a nice sound, not neighborhood shaking, but a muscle car sound, along with performance gains.

• 2 months later...

Now that my suspension is done i am looking at headers, etc. I am contemplating Dynatech, Kooks, and American Racing. I now have 518 at the wheels but want to end up with around 600-625 RWHP. For X-pipe, cat-back i'm looking at the Magnaflow 63374 series, or the full Borla set-up. Also, should i go with 2.5" for everything or 3", and i'm also considering just doing the Borla stuff with stock headers.....or going from 3" to my existing axle back. Any suggestions? I know a lot of info is in the forums and i have read them but would like some fresh responses. I'm looking for a nice sound, not neighborhood shaking, but a muscle car sound, along with performance gains.

Bump - all good questions, I have no answers but am interested in hearing some input.

I would stay with the smaller primaries- the 1 3/4" tubes. This will help keep the exhaust velocity higher coming out of the heads. It is only 330ci after all.

If money isn't a big concern, I would run full length headers with high flow cats, x-pipe, and straight through mufflers; 3" piping the entire way. Straight through mufflers, being either some sort of glasspack design. This would flow very well, and allow you to tweak the exhaust note by just changing the rear sections, aka axle back mufflers, if you wanted. It will be loud when you're WOT, but should be acceptable at cruising speeds. JBA seems to make good stuff. Magnaflow is acceptable. Just stay away from Pypes. Hope that helps.

I would stay with the smaller primaries- the 1 3/4" tubes. This will help keep the exhaust velocity higher coming out of the heads. It is only 330ci after all.

If money isn't a big concern, I would run full length headers with high flow cats, x-pipe, and straight through mufflers; 3" piping the entire way. Straight through mufflers, being either some sort of glasspack design. This would flow very well, and allow you to tweak the exhaust note by just changing the rear sections, aka axle back mufflers, if you wanted. It will be loud when you're WOT, but should be acceptable at cruising speeds. JBA seems to make good stuff. Magnaflow is acceptable. Just stay away from Pypes. Hope that helps.

Thanks Socalwrench

Archived