TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Garage/Man Cave input

jwestercamp

That is a really sweet garage love it. i will post some pics of mine tonight. i have a few good ideas now.

When we decided to move from CA to CO I literally GAVE AWAY tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff, and I'd guess closer to 100K than farther. I figured it would cost me as much to move it across the country as it was worth so I called all of my friends and said "come and get it". They helped me clear out my property, I helped them by paying for their work with "stuff".

Thankfully, that garage now belongs to a very good friend of mine....well, at least until his divorce is final! (then we shall see)

The truly SICK part is.....that's the garage, you ought to see the shop! The house isn't "all that" but he's single now so it's pleny for him.

He also has a barn on the outskirts of town where he stores some of his cars and does most of his body work. He has a full sheet metal shop because he does all of his own fabrication AND a lead smelter so he can use lead vs. plastic filler (i.e. Bondo).

He's a farmer by trade, almost 10 years younger than me and a multi millionaire many times over.

His "hauler" is a Semi tractor/trailer that is bigger than my current garage.

I'd post pics of some of his cars but I'm not comfortable with that.

Phill

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we decided to move from CA to CO I literally GAVE AWAY tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff, and I'd guess closer to 100K than farther. I figured it would cost me as much to move it across the country as it was worth so I called all of my friends and said "come and get it". They helped me clear out my property, I helped them by paying for their work with "stuff".

Thankfully, that garage now belongs to a very good friend of mine....well, at least until his divorce is final! (then we shall see)

The truly SICK part is.....that's the garage, you ought to see the shop! The house isn't "all that" but he's single now so it's pleny for him.

He also has a barn on the outskirts of town where he stores some of his cars and does most of his body work. He has a full sheet metal shop because he does all of his own fabrication AND a lead smelter so he can use lead vs. plastic filler (i.e. Bondo).

He's a farmer by trade, almost 10 years younger than me and a multi millionaire many times over.

His "hauler" is a Semi tractor/trailer that is bigger than my current garage.

I'd post pics of some of his cars but I'm not comfortable with that.

Phill

what did you backlight the hood with, and how did you hang it that is a great idea. I have my original hood with scoop i have to hang on the wall, beacuse i put a GT-H hood on my car, and would love to do something cool like that

I used rope lighting with some zip ties and mounts... To hang it, I used aluminum L channel that I bolted in the factory hinge holes and put wall hooks up!! Works great...

P1010843_disp512.jpg

P1010851_disp512.jpg

P1010852_disp512.jpg

P1010912_disp512.jpg

thanks that is friggn sweet. i have to hang my extra hood so that will be soo cool focal point of that wall of the garage. I showed my wife and she said who wants to look at a hood. Need to find a wife that appreciates Shelby stuff and garage cave. Thanks that is a great idea. Did you make those hooks or did you buy them somewhere?

thanks that is friggn sweet. i have to hang my extra hood so that will be soo cool focal point of that wall of the garage. I showed my wife and she said who wants to look at a hood. Need to find a wife that appreciates Shelby stuff and garage cave. Thanks that is a great idea. Did you make those hooks or did you buy them somewhere?

I found the heavy duty hooks at home depot... I think they are like barn door stops that you drop a board in... Perhaps slight overkill... Perfect hood storage though!!

Looking forward to the pics!!

I found the heavy duty hooks at home depot... I think they are like barn door stops that you drop a board in... Perhaps slight overkill... Perfect hood storage though!!

Looking forward to the pics!!

I will post progress pics shortly. I think that is a great idea i couldn't figure i out. I thought crap i have to get those made. I can't wait to hang the hood. Right now it has been sitting on my work bench table we just moved in. Wife will be happy. I now i wont sound like a redneck.

Hahahahahaha!

Ain't that the truth brother? It's so funny how, although my wife is alot more in tune to my / our hobby here...she still comes up with some comments that crack me up!?

I had my single car bay set up for the 500, before it arrived. I was working on it as they were building my car. She kept asking, "Why are you wasting your time on this space, when it is gonna be closed up 95% of the time, and no-one is gonna see it?" I told her that I am gonna see it, and enjoy it, and that's all that matters to me!

Note the A/C unit in the wall in the forward left part of the garage. After all, we were in Phx!!

Hahahahahaha!

Ain't that the truth brother? It's so funny how, although my wife is alot more in tune to my / our hobby here...she still comes up with some comments that crack me up!?

I had my single car bay set up for the 500, before it arrived. I was working on it as they were building my car. She kept asking, "Why are you wasting your time on this space, when it is gonna be closed up 95% of the time, and no-one is gonna see it?" I told her that I am gonna see it, and enjoy it, and that's all that matters to me!

Note the A/C unit in the wall in the forward left part of the garage. After all, we were in Phx!!

Cool stuff BB. I have the same BOLD MOVES banner in my garage. happy%20feet.gif

Hahahahahaha!

Love the AC Unit. I put one in my garage as well when we built the house i had it frammed out and the darndest thing one got in this fall when Lowes had them on clearance. What type of hoist is that? Looks very similar to mine. I got mine from complete hydraulics outside of Indy.

Ok here is goes, i will upload some photos later, but i just built a house and thanks to some on the forum when i did the third stall i vaulted the ceiling so i could put the hoise in it for the Shelby. Dont rember whos garage but GREAT IDEA. I got some Swiss Trax flooring from Barrett Jackson last year and just got my 8k drive on hoist installed. Now i am looking for some oranization ideas for storing all my crap and so it looks nice and neat. I have a couple tool boxes. Also i am looking for some Gas station signs that look vintage dont need original just something that looks cool. Any thoughts or help would be great in this matter. Like i said i will be uploading some photos soon. I only want to do this once and do it right. Thanks

Jon

Love the AC Unit. I put one in my garage as well when we built the house i had it frammed out and the darndest thing one got in this fall when Lowes had them on clearance. What type of hoist is that? Looks very similar to mine. I got mine from complete hydraulics outside of Indy.

Mine was a Superior. I sold it on Craigslist Phx. in two hours!!! The guy begged me NOT to let anyone else have it until he could race over and get it. I paid $32hun, I think. Sold it 7 yrs. later for $16hun.

Probably not enuf...but I needed it gone ASAP. We were moving to Canada at the time.

Hahahahahaha!

Looks like a nice simple lift. What brand?

Nice Looking garages for some hot cars.

I have a question and favor.

I'm new to the active pursuit of a Shelby car. I am looking at a 09 Shelby GT500KR that looks to have been modified after Shelby American modified it. The dealer says it is authentic, but as I have looked at some of the posts in other areas of the forum, it looks like the color scheme is not what was produced. It is metallic silver w gray stripes. It has the official CSM motors plates in dash and engine compartments with CSM No. 09KR0197. Some decals have also been changed, instead of GT500 down in front of door, it has RAD KS, and has decal on windshield RAD-RIDES.COM. Anyone shed light on what this means to the value of the car? Is there someone at Shelby I can call to authenticate it? -Help-

That KR belonge to Randal Reed of Reed Speed and other dealerships. I had a chance to look at it while having my windows tinted. The service mgr. said Randal did not like the blue stripes so they were removed and the gray ones installed. It has a nice nav,radio,cd,dvd unit. RAD stands for Reed Auto Designs.

got my compressor moved in tonight finally got rid of my old oil free compressor. Hopefully new oiled 60 gallon unit should do the trick. I have photos anyone have any thoughts on how i can upload? Sorry not the most computer savy

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

post-25122-0-63626800-1296920208_thumb.jpgpost-25122-0-23632400-1296920211_thumb.jpgpost-25122-0-74913200-1296920212_thumb.jpgpost-25122-0-55359200-1296920214_thumb.jpgpost-25122-0-82027100-1296920216_thumb.jpgpost-25122-0-00154600-1296920219_thumb.jpgpost-25122-0-87158500-1296920220_thumb.jpgpost-25122-0-76682900-1296920223_thumb.jpg

Looks like you have the same problem I have....too much crap and not enough garage.

Every time I clear a new spot out my wife thinks, "COOL! I can put more crap out there now."

Once I get a garden shed built in my backyard I can get rid of all the lawn/garden care crap (mower, edger, seed/fertilizer spreader, blah X 3).

Once I complete my fence, I'll have all of the fencing lumber out.

That ought'a clear out one whole stall....and then my wife will want to park her Benz in it!

I can't win,

Phill

Looks like you have the same problem I have....too much crap and not enough garage.

Every time I clear a new spot out my wife thinks, "COOL! I can put more crap out there now."

Once I get a garden shed built in my backyard I can get rid of all the lawn/garden care crap (mower, edger, seed/fertilizer spreader, blah X 3).

That ought'a clear out one whole stall....and then my wife will want to park her Benz in it!

I can't win,

Phill

I can't win,

Phill

Archived