TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Garage/Man Cave input

jwestercamp

Ok here is goes, i will upload some photos later, but i just built a house and thanks to some on the forum when i did the third stall i vaulted the ceiling so i could put the hoise in it for the Shelby. Dont rember whos garage but GREAT IDEA. I got some Swiss Trax flooring from Barrett Jackson last year and just got my 8k drive on hoist installed. Now i am looking for some oranization ideas for storing all my crap and so it looks nice and neat. I have a couple tool boxes. Also i am looking for some Gas station signs that look vintage dont need original just something that looks cool. Any thoughts or help would be great in this matter. Like i said i will be uploading some photos soon. I only want to do this once and do it right. Thanks

Jon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey john im not sure what your specs are as far as if you have room or if you can recess them in the wall. but im looking at basically finishing my garage like its part of the house. i think im going with some floor to ceiling walnut cabinets and recessed lighting. good job on the lift. A buddy of mine owns cantarra homes here in okc. he built a show home with that set up. i was wanting that in mine but i got in mid construction and it was a little late. good luck with the cave and post some pics when your done!!

Wow sounds like it will be a nice looking place when you're done.... can't wait to see pics!!! To think I was happy just to get a jack that would fit under the car..... :cry:

did ya see this thread.......

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64419-cool-wall-decor/page__pid__1099562#entry1099562

hey john im not sure what your specs are as far as if you have room or if you can recess them in the wall. but im looking at basically finishing my garage like its part of the house. i think im going with some floor to ceiling walnut cabinets and recessed lighting. good job on the lift. A buddy of mine owns cantarra homes here in okc. he built a show home with that set up. i was wanting that in mine but i got in mid construction and it was a little late. good luck with the cave and post some pics when your done!!

Ill shoot some pics toinght when i get home. When we built the house my wife was looking at the plans and said my god the garage looks bigger than the house. She wanted to know why i needed that big of a garage. I told her its the cheapest part of the house per sq/ft basis. She wasn't happy. We had a discussions wel the garage can go smaller and i can put a remote start on your car so you can start it in the mornings when the "smaller" garage has mustang crap everywhere. Its a two story house, and the garage is 1240 sq/ft max size that the city will allow good news its an offset garage L shaped so the shelby and work area is the third stall and the two stall is 24' X 24' dont really care abount that part, the shelby and work area aka 3rd stall is 26' deep by 20' and due to our topography the garage has a 14' sidewall heigth and the 3rd stall is vaulated with almost 16' at the peak. hated putting up the lights and painting not a big fan of heights, but it will be nice. The garage is heated, cam in real nice when i was out there friday night it was 15 below zero here garage was a nice 62 degrees. At the last min i ran to lowes when they were framing and found a 240 volt window AC unit on sale basicaly 1/2 price so i had them frame in an area on the back side of the thrid stall you dont see it from the street so it doesn't look redneck. So now to finish it out. I only want to do this once so i would love all the input possible. Thanks!

Jon

COOL......... now you will need to hire a Bikini Clad Tool Girl to hand you Tools when working on the Cars. I have a CITGO Gas Station Sign that was on the lighted Sign at a Station here in Tallahassee. It is 3-D and is about 3' Square. I have it hanging in my Master Bathroom (yes, I am single) and have it up for sale locally for just $200.00. Shipping it with out cracking or busting it could be a problem though.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/clt/2174555174.html

COOL......... now you will need to hire a Bikini Clad Tool Girl to hand you Tools when working on the Cars. I have a CITGO Gas Station Sign that was on the lighted Sign at a Station here in Tallahassee. It is 3-D and is about 3' Square. I have it hanging in my Master Bathroom (yes, I am single) and have it up for sale locally for just $200.00. Shipping it with out cracking or busting it could be a problem though.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/clt/2174555174.html

Can you ship it. I will buy it that would be perfect. pm me or give me a call 319-431-5091

I've bought a lot of reproduction gas station signs and classic car signs off eBay. Sometimes you can find good deals there.

I had these people make me a personalized sign for my garage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PERSONALIZED-GARAGE-FILLING-STATION-SIGN-W-FORD-TIN-/200532523770?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb0ab7afa

Here's my garage. It's not big, but it's bigger than it looks. It has some more goodies hanging

on the walls now than it did when I took these pics. That glowing thing is a diner style clock. Also

Note the Race Ramps hanging from the ceiling, up & out of the way. Now I also have a poster of

my car, a small display case of Matchbox / Hotwheel Mustangs, a few more pics, etc.

Looking in.

DSC00006.jpg

Looking out.

062310FirstPics02.jpg

The "Wall of Cars". All the cars I've ever owned.

DSC00009.jpg

I just finished both of my garages and used some 16 inch utility shelving along one of the garage door rails (~20in. from the ceiling) to hold all the misc stuff like coolers and chairs. It was a lot of work, but having everything organized and uncluttered made it worthwhile. Now I just need to get the walls decorated with some signs.

My only regret is waiting 4 years after building my house before taking the time to get this done!

mancave_01.jpg

mancave_03.jpg

mancave_06.jpg

Here's my garage. It's not big, but it's bigger than it looks. It has some more goodies hanging

on the walls now than it did when I took these pics. That glowing thing is a diner style clock. Also

Note the Race Ramps hanging from the ceiling, up & out of the way. Now I also have a poster of

my car, a small display case of Matchbox / Hotwheel Mustangs, a few more pics, etc.

Looking in.

DSC00006.jpg

Looking out.

062310FirstPics02.jpg

The "Wall of Cars". All the cars I've ever owned.

DSC00009.jpg

very nice i like th borders

Nice Looking garages for some hot cars.

I have a question and favor.

I'm new to the active pursuit of a Shelby car. I am looking at a 09 Shelby GT500KR that looks to have been modified after Shelby American modified it. The dealer says it is authentic, but as I have looked at some of the posts in other areas of the forum, it looks like the color scheme is not what was produced. It is metallic silver w gray stripes. It has the official CSM motors plates in dash and engine compartments with CSM No. 09KR0197. Some decals have also been changed, instead of GT500 down in front of door, it has RAD KS, and has decal on windshield RAD-RIDES.COM. Anyone shed light on what this means to the value of the car? Is there someone at Shelby I can call to authenticate it? -Help-

Ok here is goes, i will upload some photos later, but i just built a house and thanks to some on the forum when i did the third stall i vaulted the ceiling so i could put the hoise in it for the Shelby. Dont rember whos garage but GREAT IDEA. I got some Swiss Trax flooring from Barrett Jackson last year and just got my 8k drive on hoist installed. Now i am looking for some oranization ideas for storing all my crap and so it looks nice and neat. I have a couple tool boxes. Also i am looking for some Gas station signs that look vintage dont need original just something that looks cool. Any thoughts or help would be great in this matter. Like i said i will be uploading some photos soon. I only want to do this once and do it right.

My advice: If yer gonna do it, do it right. If you have the room, "go big".

Like you I bought a new construction home in Co.Springs CO and I'm severly limited by my HOA and City code enforcement.

When I lived in California, I lived in a unincorporated (county) area and I could do pretty much anything I wanted. When we had the house built out there the deal was, my wife got the house (how she wanted it) and I got the garage. She had a HUGE Master BR built and a kitchen with more space than you'd ever want with a laundry room right off of the kitchen and a walk-in pantry off of the laundry room.

I SOOOooo miss my old garage! The current 3-car garage I have out here just doesn't cut it but in all fairness, I'm a packrat and have WAYYYY more "junk" than I should ever have.

Phill

Chular Cyn. Garage.bmp

Chular Cyn. Garage.bmp

looks very nice i like it

Thanks! Since I took that pic I've added a few things including the Shelby and a tv....

DSC_1432.jpg

I've just simply outgrown this house and garage. If the economy wasn't so bad and I could sell my house, I'd have a much larger garage. Luckily I have a warehouse at my office that stores the rest of my atuff- ie quads etc. I do love working in the garage though.

Like you I bought a new construction home in Co.Springs CO and I'm severly limited by my HOA and City code enforcement.

When I lived in California, I lived in a unincorporated (county) area and I could do pretty much anything I wanted. When we had the house built out there the deal was, my wife got the house (how she wanted it) and I got the garage. She had a HUGE Master BR built and a kitchen with more space than you'd ever want with a laundry room right off of the kitchen and a walk-in pantry off of the laundry room.

I SOOOooo miss my old garage! The current 3-car garage I have out here just doesn't cut it but in all fairness, I'm a packrat and have WAYYYY more "junk" than I should ever have.

Phill

Phil that garage is awesome! Going from that to a 3 car would be rough! Nice work though- you made that look great.

recessed cabinets looks neat and clean. here are a few from my garage - some of which include non-shelby cars, no flames, please.

don't forget ceiling outlets.....................

most of my wall stuff came from ebay as others have stated. some was from porsche and shelby directly though.

enjoy your garage. after 20 years of marriage, my garage is still the only space in my house i have any say over.

post-27177-0-33968000-1296426251_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-46069600-1296426262_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-13327600-1296426369_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-09727000-1296426452_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-98169900-1296426486_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-33968000-1296426251_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-46069600-1296426262_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-13327600-1296426369_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-09727000-1296426452_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-98169900-1296426486_thumb.jpg

Phill

Phil,

That is a way sweet garage, I love it. I am a bit of a packrat as well. gotta get rid of some crap. Where did you get the texaco sign i want one of those badddd

P1010857_disp512.jpg

P1010916_disp512.jpg

what did you backlight the hood with, and how did you hang it that is a great idea. I have my original hood with scoop i have to hang on the wall, beacuse i put a GT-H hood on my car, and would love to do something cool like that

Where did you get the texaco sign i want one of those badddd

When I first started working on cars professionally one of the first jobs (actually, the third in auto repair) I had was at a *OLD* Texaco gas station with 2 bays. The owner had a HUGE lot that had three streets bordering it. It went from block to block (Grand Av. and Forest Av.) along a street (Laurel st.) with a little old wooden building that had the office and two lifts in it. He decided to get out of selling gas and concentrate on the backroom end of it so he built a big beautyfull shop with a Ace Hardware store backing up to it and multiple office spaces above it.

That was the sign that sat on one of the two corners he had. It hung in a "A-frame" so it's double sided too. I still remember....it was a green colored frame! LOL. It's one of those signs that "swings" on a frame.

Because it was a old gas station, he had a TON of Texaco and Havoline stuff from over the years. He didn't know what it was worth (actually, worth VERY LITTLE back then) and I don't know where most of it went.

Man, I sure do wish I would'a grabbed one of his old gas pumps though!

If only we knew then what we know now,

Phill

When I first started working on cars professionally one of the first jobs (actually, the third in auto repair) I had was at a *OLD* Texaco gas station with 2 bays. The owner had a HUGE lot that had three streets bordering it. It went from block to block (Grand Av. and Forest Av.) along a street (Laurel st.) with a little old wooden building that had the office and two lifts in it. He decided to get out of selling gas and concentrate on the backroom end of it so he built a big beautyfull shop with a Ace Hardware store backing up to it and multiple office spaces above it.

That was the sign that sat on one of the two corners he had. It hung in a "A-frame" so it's double sided too. I still remember....it was a green colored frame! LOL. It's one of those signs that "swings" on a frame.

Because it was a old gas station, he had a TON of Texaco and Havoline stuff from over the years. He didn't know what it was worth (actually, worth VERY LITTLE back then) and I don't know where most of it went.

Man, I sure do wish I would'a grabbed one of his old gas pumps though!

If only we knew then what we know now,

Phill

so true my friend. My grandparents about 5 years ago before they passed gave away a couple old antique gas pumps they had on their farm to a guy that drove by. I was like WTF you are killn me. To them it was old junk same deal they had a bunch of old signs as my great uncle was in the oil business. All gave away they couldn't understand who would want that old junk :) That is a really sweet garage love it. i will post some pics of mine tonight. i have a few good ideas now.

Jon

Archived