TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby College Station Texas Driving Event

robertlane

The Team Shelby Southern Plains Region and Team Shelby to happy to announce the first driving event for 2011!

The event will be held from 25-27 March 2011 at the Texas World Speedway in College Station, Texas.

You can learn more about this event as well as register for it here.

Your contacts for this event are:

Warren Faris (DubbsFaris). Team Shelby Southern Plains Regional Director.

Jeff Lacina (Stanger58). Track Guys.

Dell Hughes (Dellcobra). Track Guys.

More information:

Team Shelby Southern Plains Forum.

Team Shelby 2011 Events.

Other Team Shelby driving events will be announced soon. Please check with your regional Team Shelby club or in the events forum.

Your regional Team Shelby Club and Team Shelby are putting Shelbys back on track! :shift:

The Team Shelby Southern Plains Region and Team Shelby to happy to announce the first driving event for 2011!

The event will be held from 25-27 March 2011 at the Texas World Speedway in College Station, Texas.

ARGGGH, you gotta be kidding me, same weekend as Texas Mile ???

Wouldnt be so bad if this news wasnt posted same day as the 'Mile entries opened & we have all just paid our registrations for Goliad... :angry22:

Darn gosh, gonna miss y'all :(

Fordie.

Yep, bad timing with Texas Mile going on the same weekend. :banghead:

I'll be at Texas Mile with about 5000 of my closest friends.

The Lone star round up has been the last weekend of march for the last 5 years. It was in June before that (way too hot). This was originally a SVTOA event and Jeff and Dell run it now. Great guys and fun track.

Hmm choosing between going 1 mile in a straight line or hot lapping TWS. I think I'll be in College Station. :)

Well, if you look at it that way, road racing wins everytime. :hysterical:

Don't get me wrong. I love a road course as much as anyone, but I can run at TWS or MSR or Hallett or Harris Hill about 30 or 40 times a year. Texas Mile is much more limited. Plus getting to meet Jon Lund (Lund Racing), Michael Rausher (L&M engines) and Van Collier (Revan Racing) among others was great. But its a moot point now, Texas Mile filled up in 4 1/2 hours. You can still come out to watch and hang out. We will have a couple of RV's around the 3/4 mile mark. Anyone who makes it is welcome to stop by and hang out.

The cars that show up (from all over the world) are absolutely AMAZING! Where else can you see a PowerStroke diesel Mustang run over 200mph? Or a Ford GT hit 250? Ray's GT is gunning for 270+ this year.

You can't go wrong either way.

ARGGGH, you gotta be kidding me, same weekend as Texas Mile ???

Wouldnt be so bad if this news wasnt posted same day as the 'Mile entries opened & we have all just paid our registrations for Goliad... :angry22:

Darn gosh, gonna miss y'all :(

Fordie.

Some of us are running at TWS on March 12 and 13 for the Driver's Edge event...

Lookin' forward to seein' y'all at the 2.9 miles of TWS!

Registration is open: http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com/

We're gonna have some big ol' fun...and, there may even be a special guest or two joining us from SAI...

See you on track at TWS!

Jeff Lacina

Lead Instructor

Track Guys Performance Driving Events

Hmm choosing between going 1 mile in a straight line or hot lapping TWS. I think I'll be in College Station. :)

As the legendary Joe Amato would say "if you can turn a corner you ain't going fast enough !!" :slapfight:

Now if it was 9-miles of WOT in a perfect circle that could be an exception...

Fordie

As the legendary Joe Amato would say "if you can turn a corner you ain't going fast enough !!" :slapfight:

Now if it was 9-miles of WOT in a perfect circle that could be an exception...

Fordie

What are you talking about Dave??? IF that circle exsisted it would be almost like going perfectly straight, especially if the track were just slightly banked.

:lurk:

Is this event going to be run like usual Shelby events with groups 1, 2 & 3 or is it a true racing event?

Track Guys / Team Shelby events run a four run-group format:

Group 1) Beginner

Group 2) Novice

Group 3) Intermediate

Group 4) Advanced + Instructors

Mandatory Driver's meeting (EVERYONE attends)

Mandatory class room sessions for Groups 1 & 2 (group 3 can join us too)

In-car instructors for Group 1 & 2 students (or anyone who wants / needs an in-car coach)

Parade laps at noon

LOTS of seat time for everyone.

Hope that answers some of your questions... if you'd like to learn more about our Track Guys programs, go to http://www.trackguys.com

See you at TWS!

Jeff

I can't wait for this to happen. Pray for good weather. TWS is a great track. Had the pleasure of being on it in my GT500KR in May last year during Viper Racing League event. Ran it clockwise that time, and others who had done this before said it was really different. Excited to do it counterclockwise with nothing but Shelbys and Mustangs on the track.

Is there a host hotel, and if not is there someone in the B/CS area that can work a deal on a nice hotel and get a good group rate?

I will try and contact the Manor House for a group tomorrow. The Manor House is nice hotel, but is not a Holiday Inn or anything like that. Last year the rooms were like $60 per night, if I remember correctly. It is not too far to the track and the Dinner is close by.

Lots of parking for cars and trailers.

I will post something here if I can get it worked out.

Thanks

Dell

• 2 weeks later...

ok, putting this on the calendar and really hoping to make it. Hey Rob (Lane), how about you come out to the great state of Texas and join us?!?

txcobra,

beautiful photos of your cars! Really patriotic-looking with all the red, white, and blue. My KR is black with black stripes. Hope to meet you in College Station. Fine looking cars.

I have looked all through TWS website and can't find any, but do they have RV hookups if we wanted to bring an RV and stay there?

I do not think they really have any hook ups for RVs. You could call the track and ask them. I know some of the people do bring RVs, but they usually run off the generators.

I have never attended a track event before and am seriously considering this. Couple questions though....I know motorcycle helmets are not allowed, but it's all I have. I don't want to purchase a helmet then realize this isn't for me then be stuck with a helmet. Will there be helmets available for rental? Next, is online registration required? Can I register Sat morning when I arrive? I won't be able to come in Fri night. I believe I will just be doing the Track Guys Test Drive to see if this is for me. Thanks for any insight you can give me.

This will be a great event. I have run with Track Guys and instructed with them over the years. They run a VERY EFFICIENT event and you will get a ton of seat time. TWS is a great track with a good variety of turns and the big front straight to cure your high speed need. You guys should be able to see 130 easily on your blown cars on the front straight before diving off the speedway. I am still hoping to make it but business is still soft and I won't be able to make that call until it gets closer.

Dell--those new Hoosiers are dry-rotting on the rims from 2 years ago in Tulsa!!!! :cry:

Tom

Archived