TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stripe missing mystery ?????

chillawag

I have a 2007 vista blue gt500 that has over the top stripes but is missing the side stripes although it still has GT 500 on the lower front fender now what makes this really intriguing is that they only made 1054 vista blue gt500s in coupe form and this one is 1054 off the assembly line according to the svt ford phone number i found elsewhere on this site get it 1054 made 1054 off the assembly line my question do they build them one color a run or do all the colors get built together and why is my side stripe missing?? thats what i really want to know

Are you the original owner of the car? If not, perhaps an earlier owner removed the side stripes. That is the most logical explanation since it still has the GT500 on the front fender.

Go to the website here to see the original sticker on your car. Insert your vin in place of mine. Remove the quotes...

"http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1ZVHT88S095xxxxxx"

All colours are built together they don`t just build one colour, as for the stripe I would say they have been removed .

Yes, since there was no "side stripe mostly delete option", someone previous to you removed them for sure.

Interesting question though.

why on earth would anyone pay 25000 over sticker on one of these only to rush home and peel and scrape the stickers off the car makes no sense to me its not what i would do its never had any accidents repaints nothing its a mystery to me and i would like to solve it maybe it is a one off as i have also seen a white one that was the same way it just had GT 500 on the lower fender any thoughts on how i can determine if they are missing for a reason i have also been thinking about putting them back on anyway

why on earth would anyone pay 25000 over sticker on one of these only to rush home and peel and scrape the stickers off the car makes no sense to me its not what i would do its never had any accidents repaints nothing its a mystery to me and i would like to solve it maybe it is a one off as i have also seen a white one that was the same way it just had GT 500 on the lower fender any thoughts on how i can determine if they are missing for a reason i have also been thinking about putting them back on anyway

More then likely the original owner bought the car from a dealer lot, paid the ADM, but didn't necessarily like the side stripes. So they pulled them off. No biggie, it just cost a "few" bucks to replace them with either factory vinyl or have them all painted on like others have done.

There is no factory option to have part of the side stripes removed, so don't worry about it being a "one off" from the factory.

Someone else asked about producing all of the colors together, and I can assure you that they are not built together. There may have been a few occasions where two of the same color were built next to each other (relatively speaking), but the "lot" of Vista Blues were not built all at the same time.

Either way, enjoy your GT500!

• 2 weeks later...

Farmdog can fix you up!!

Hey, CCognetta!

Are you back home now?

I haven't heard from ya in awhile and was about to write you to see if everything is getting back to normal yet.

Gotta run or I'd "talk" a little longer,

Phill

Archived