TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-2011 difference

denohew

Can anybody tell me how to tell the difference by just looking between a 2010 and a 2011 non svtpp car? Been bugging me! I live in a town of 65,000 people and I swear I see a different Shelby every other day. They were not bought locally though. regards, denohew

Can anybody tell me how to tell the difference by just looking between a 2010 and a 2011 non svtpp car? Been bugging me! I live in a town of 65,000 people and I swear I see a different Shelby every other day. They were not bought locally though. regards, denohew

Isn't the grill cobra moved to the passenger side on 11's? Thats where mine is. Maybe the're all on the right?

This is just off the top of my head, I know I'm forgetting more

*Aluminum block

*Electric steering

*Silver finish on SC

*Blue power coat valve covers

*Improved exhaust manifolds

*Larger exhaust diameter

*H pipe vs 2010 X pipe

*Painted rear end

*Finned aluminum diff cover

*Improved brake cooling

*Auto start ignition

*40% larger inter cooler

*HID's standard

*No gas guzzler tax

*Flip up/ down rear headrests

* Improved under body aero dynamics

*Orange antifreeze

*Bigger faster more complex computer

*Wideband o2's?

*New colors

*Improved suspension, fixed the 2010's wheel hop.

*10 horsepower more but seems to make more like 20whp

*Factory "Boost a pump" for the fuel pump

*"My key" for limiting speed and TC for certain keys

*Different cam part numbers, some say its the Ford GT cams due to the 2011's making peak whp at redline

*Optional glass roof

No the Cobra's are on the same side on both models. Any other visuals? regards, denohew

BigDan has the comprehensive list; of those the only real visual AFAIK is the rear seat headrest. The 2011 rear headrests are taller and look like real headrests, not a bump in the seat.

Thanks for the extensive list BigDan but my real question was if you just saw one passing or parked. I think the rear headrests are the best tell tale sign if the windows aren't tinted too heavily. I can't think of anything else but thanks for the list of all the internals! Regards, denohew P.S. And yes the glass roof is a dead give away. I need to read my manuel cuz some of that stuff on your list I had no idea about! Auto start ignition? And the My Key speed limiter? Also BigDan your car must hook up really well with those tires! I would love to launch your car!

Thanks for the extensive list BigDan but my real question was if you just saw one passing or parked. I think the rear headrests are the best tell tale sign if the windows aren't tinted too heavily. I can't think of anything else but thanks for the list of all the internals! Regards, denohew P.S. And yes the glass roof is a dead give away. I need to read my manuel cuz some of that stuff on your list I had no idea about! Auto start ignition? And the My Key speed limiter?

denohew,

I think the only "exterior" visual clue difference between a 2010 and non-SVTPP 2011 GT500 are the side view mirrors. The 11's have a "blind spot" insert seen here.

2011GT500SVMirror.jpg

denohew,

I think the only "exterior" visual clue difference between a 2010 and non-SVTPP 2011 GT500 are the side view mirrors. The 11's have a "blind spot" insert seen here.

2011GT500SVMirror.jpg

The SVPP cars also have the mirror insert.

Wheels would be a tell on the 2011 SVPP cars as some are stripe delete so you can't count on seeing the narrow stripe vs 2010.

The SVPP cars also have the mirror insert.

Wheels would be a tell on the 2011 SVPP cars as some are stripe delete so you can't count on seeing the narrow stripe vs 2010.

2011 SVPP cars have red shocks/struts.

The OP wants to know how to tell the difference between a 2010 and standard (non-SVTPP) 2011 GT500. You have listed some clues for an 11 SVTPP.

*Aluminum block

*Electric steering

*Silver finish on SC

*Larger exhaust diameter

*H pipe vs 2010 X pipe

*Painted rear end

*Improved brake cooling

*Auto start ignition

*40% larger inter cooler

*HID's standard

*No gas guzzler tax

*Orange antifreeze

*Wideband o2's?

*New colors

*Different cam part numbers, some say its the Ford GT cams due to the 2011's making peak whp at redline

*Optional glass roof

*extra sound deadening material in wheel wells and on the firewall in the engine compartment.

My own observations.

Mirrors are easily swapped out. The gurney flap is flat on the 2011 non-pp, due to the aero changes. The headrests are another good bet. Based on the multiple stock 2010-11 dynos we saw today. The power difference is negligible. Granted this was Mustang dyno numbers.

The OP wants to know how to tell the difference between a 2010 and standard (non-SVTPP) 2011 GT500. You have listed some clues for an 11 SVTPP.

*rolling eyes* I was adding to Dan's list. Some of those are not "visual".

As proven from my pic in another thread, you can see what appears to be a standard GT500 but looking at Red shocks/struts through the rims would show RED shocks/struts.

That would be a tell between a 10 and an 11.

*Aluminum block

*Electric steering

*Silver finish on SC

*Larger exhaust diameter

*H pipe vs 2010 X pipe

*Painted rear end

*Improved brake cooling

*Auto start ignition

*40% larger inter cooler

*HID's standard

*No gas guzzler tax

*Orange antifreeze

*Wideband o2's?

*New colors

*Optional glass roof

man good list,makes me want to trade mine in, except for the biggest difference, IT COSTS ALOT MORE

man good list,makes me want to trade mine in, except for the biggest difference, IT COSTS ALOT MORE

The convertible 2011's benefit even more than the coupes. Ford stiffened the chassis on the 2011's over the 2010's. Go drive a 2011 with the SVT PP and you'll be amazed at the difference. Even the regular 2011 GT500 convertibles now get 19's instead of the 18's that were on the 2010.

The rear seat headrests are the best way I've found.

Mirror glass can be bought/changed on the '10's and if you're passing the car in the opposite direction, you have a MUCH better eye than I if you can spot the spot on the mirror!.

Problem is, if the headrests are folded down, like just about every '11 I've seen to date, it'll be real hard to tell from more than 10 feet away.

EDIT: The SVTPP's are a breeze to spot. The side stripe is a solid stripe rather than a double stripe. Stripe delete or not, they still have the GT500 rocker stripe on 'em. But the 2010 GT500 and the 2011 base model look identical (side stripe) so the rear headrest is the fallback method I use.

Phill

The rear seat headrests are the best way I've found.

Mirror glass can be bought/changed on the '10's and if you're passing the car in the opposite direction, you have a MUCH better eye than I if you can spot the spot on the mirror!.

Problem is, if the headrests are folded down, like just about every '11 I've seen to date, it'll be real hard to tell from more than 10 feet away.

EDIT: The SVTPP's are a breeze to spot. The side stripe is a solid stripe rather than a double stripe. Stripe delete or not, they still have the GT500 rocker stripe on 'em. But the 2010 GT500 and the 2011 base model look identical (side stripe) so the rear headrest is the fallback method I use.

Phill

Phill,

I have a 2011 Stripe Delete SVTPP coupe, and it didn't come from Flat Rock with any stripes, sides or top.

Can you please post a pic of this SVT PP stripe delete that still comes with the rocker stripe.

:waiting:

Hmm. I was going off of what someone else JUST posted on the subject, maybe a day or two back.

That ALL GT500's, even the stripe deletes and early 'verts w/o stripes had the GT500 side/rocker stripes on them.

Or did I read them wrong? It couldn't a been more than a few days back, not even a week IIRC.

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

*Aluminum block

*Electric steering

*Silver finish on SC

*Larger exhaust diameter

*H pipe vs 2010 X pipe

*Painted rear end

*Improved brake cooling

*Auto start ignition

*40% larger inter cooler

*HID's standard

*No gas guzzler tax

*Orange antifreeze

*Wideband o2's?

*New colors

*Optional glass roof

Any body happen to know the P/N for the finned aluminum diff cover?

Any body happen to know the P/N for the finned aluminum diff cover?

Sure, that's a easy one:

Part Number: M-4033-K

MSRP: $159.95

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12489

HTH,

Phill Pollard

*Painted rear end

*Auto start ignition

*Wideband o2's?

what is auto start ignition? is the rear end painted now? what was improved to fix suspension?

what is auto start ignition? is the rear end painted now? what was improved to fix suspension?

Tail end of the 2010 production run started getting painted rear ends, and then 2011 got the new diff cover. Auto start means you just flick the key to start. The computer will take over and do what's needed to get the motor started.

Tail end of the 2010 production run started getting painted rear ends, and then 2011 got the new diff cover. Auto start means you just flick the key to start. The computer will take over and do what's needed to get the motor started.

Once the starter motor STARTS to turn the engine over, you can let go of the key and it will continue to crank until the car starts. You don't have to hold the key over....

Phill

Archived