TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mike what a Joy screws up again.

interceptor

So i'm watching Barrett Jackson last night and up comes a KR and Mike points to the window sticker and says this car listed for $46k and then says he didn't know if that's what it sold for Um, no Mike, did you bother to look farther at the KR add on package..Why they have that guy up there is beyond me. He's constantly screwing up! By the way i believe it went for $75k.

I was on stage when this KR went through, it went for $72. It was a 2009 BLK on BLK CSM 001, yes...........001 non-titled w/17 miles on it.

Jack

If is was the 001 on the 2008, then that would be something, 001 on the second production run, means nothing in my book.

Now if it would've been the last one, different story.

I'd rather see Mike than another English sports car racer that knows nothing about American cars!

+1,

Was it Alan Decadinia on there several years back that would just babble on about nothing on the american cars and then comment in great detail on the european cars? He was extremely annoying and difficult to watch!

Then there was Brock Yates who couldn't speak clearly. He couldn't even ID the difference between a 'Cuda or Challenger on stage and he raced/owned one in the Gumball rally! I was very glad to see then both shown the exit!

These guys are really far superior to the Speed presenters of the past. My favorite is Steve Magnanate. He's seems like a real gear head / car guy!

I think they do need some new blood to keep me interested in watching for all the hours they are on the air...And the commercials are endless, I usually switch channels and forget to go back bacause of that alone.

+1,

Was it Alan Decadinia on there several years back that would just babble on about nothing on the american cars and then comment in great detail on the european cars? He was extremely annoying and difficult to watch!

Then there was Brock Yates who couldn't speak clearly. He couldn't even ID the difference between a 'Cuda or Challenger on stage and he raced/owned one in the Gumball rally! I was very glad to see then both shown the exit!

These guys are really far superior to the Speed presenters of the past. My favorite is Steve Magnanate. He's seems like a real gear head / car guy!

I think they do need some new blood to keep me interested in watching for all the hours they are on the air...And the commercials are endless, I usually switch channels and forget to go back bacause of that alone.

Yes I like Steve Magnanate also except he reported the KR as having an aluminum block like the Ford GT. I shutter when I hear bad "facts" reported because it makes me question if everything else I hear about cars I'm unfamiliar with is tainted by similar mistakes.

Oh well, I enjoy the show and (TiVo) fast forward through the commercials and the endless string of Camaros and Corvettes. Barrett- Jackson is a tradition in my world regardless.

My attention span can't handle all the commercials. When one comes on I start flipping channels. If I don't find anything interesting I end up back at BJ only to find another commercial running.

Agreed. That's why I'll only watch it if it was recorded by my TiVo.

Did a 2011 Boss 302 go for $450K at BJ??? I thought I heard something along those lines. If so whats the story on that???? :headscratch:

Yes, a (2012?) Boss 5.0 sold for $450K at BJ. I can't remember...did they restart the Boss in '11 or is it a '12 MY car?

It was a one-of-one Grabber Blue Boss and apparently was for a charity benefit.

Like I said in another thread, that Grabber Blue paint was ONE EXPENSIVE PAINT JOB!

That sale is proof that some people have more money than brains......

Phill

I could buy the nicest 1970 Boss 302 on the planet for alot less then $450K.

BJ + free booze at auction = idiotic selling prices. This unfortunately can hurt the average car enthusiast from every being able to afford the muscle car they are seeking. Entertaining but it can skew the market at times.

Sad.

I could buy the nicest 1970 Boss 302 on the planet for alot less then $450K.

BJ + free booze at auction = idiotic selling prices. This unfortunately can hurt the average car enthusiast from every being able to afford the muscle car they are seeking. Entertaining but it can skew the market at times.

Sad.

You nailed that one, been seeing the same thing for years. Just saw some nice mid 50s Chevys bid to near 90 grand by guys like Rick Hendrick. Crazy and does cultivate some value misconceptions in the non-BJ arena.

Yes, a (2012?) Boss 5.0 sold for $450K at BJ. I can't remember...did they restart the Boss in '11 or is it a '12 MY car?

It was a one-of-one Grabber Blue Boss and apparently was for a charity benefit.

Like I said in another thread, that Grabber Blue paint was ONE EXPENSIVE PAINT JOB!

That sale is proof that some people have more money than brains......

Phill

That 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca was a one off Grabber Blue (with a glass roof) to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Ford really did nice with this--they had a bunch of the kids there in the high dollar skyboxes. Watching that auction in person was really exciting. The crowd was cheering as the price was going up and there was a lot of energy in the air.

Parnelli Jones was there too (I got his autograph) .

This was a charity auction, that is why the price went so high. The guy who bought it bid more than the car was worth to support the charity. it is a tax write off for him and benefits the kids. I don't know why this forum is calling the buyer a moron when he was giving to benefit others.

Also, the charity Chevy Camero pace car went for 235K.

That 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca was a one off Grabber Blue (with a glass roof) to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Ford really did nice with this--

I just got my monthly Ford Racing newsletter this a.m. and there was a article included in it regarding the BJ Grabber Blue Boss 302 that sold for $450K with proceeds going to the Juvinile Diabetes Research Foundation.

It says;

Quote-

One-of-a-Kind 2012 Boss 302 Sells for $450,000!

It was billed as a one-of-a-kind. The only factory-made Grabber Blue 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca. One of one. There will never be another one like it. When it went on the auction block at the 40th Annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction last week, the bidding went accordingly. The final bid was $450,000, most of which (minus the MSRP) will go to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Since we know that we'll never be able to bid on cars in that price range, we just sat back and enjoyed the show. Thanks to SpeedTV, you can relive the bidding

End quote~

HUH? "Most of which (MINUS THE MSRP)...."

Wow, that was "mighty white" of Ford Motor Company!

They didn't donate ONE PENNY towards the foundation nor did any dealer if one was involved. They got MSRP for the car...not "Invoice", but full MSRP...not "invoice and holdback"...but Manufactures Suggested RETAIL PRICE.

WTF is up with THAT?

Ford Motor Company can't or won't afford to donate what the car cost them to build?

Not to dmiinish the good that was done for the JDRF, but FORD didn't "do nice with this" at all! Barrett Jackson and the bidders did (that is, if BJ didn't take their cut too).

How sad, especially in light of the fact that it would be a total write-off for FoMoCo.

Wow,

Phill Pollard (who donates ONLY to youth and/or childrens charities)

HUH? "Most of which (MINUS THE MSRP)...."

Wow, that was "mighty white" of Ford Motor Company!

They didn't donate ONE PENNY towards the foundation nor did any dealer if one was involved. They got MSRP for the car...not "Invoice", but full MSRP...not "invoice and holdback"...but Manufactures Suggested RETAIL PRICE.

WTF is up with THAT?

Ford Motor Company can't or won't afford to donate what the car cost them to build?

Not to dmiinish the good that was done for the JDRF, but FORD didn't "do nice with this" at all! Barrett Jackson and the bidders did (that is, if BJ didn't take their cut too).

How sad, especially in light of the fact that it would be a total write-off for FoMoCo.

Wow,

Phill Pollard (who donates ONLY to youth and/or childrens charities)

A guy at the auction said if the car was donated, Ford would have got the 450 K write off and not the buyer. I don't know if that is the case, I'm not a CPA.

Here is info from the JDRF site:

Ford.gif

Ford Motor Company's involvement with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) began in 1983 when Ford hosted a JDRF walk fund-raiser at the Research & Engineering Center in Dearborn. That event continued annually at Ford until 1990, when JDRF merged a few smaller walk sites into one local walk site at the General Motors Tech Center in Warren, Michigan.

Since the 1998 inception of the employee-driven Walk team, now known as the Ford Global Walk Team, over $30 Million has been raised through parking spot raffles, auctions, job-switch drawings, sneaker sales, jeans days, bake sales, dunk tanks, golf tournaments and of course, Walk to Cure Diabetes donations. Innovation has always been the name of the game, and continues to thrive as volunteers gain steam each year.

Ford Motor Company is the largest corporate sponsor of JDRF and the only international sponsor. Ford has been presented with the JDRF Presidents Award for six consecutive years -- receiving recognition as the Top Corporate Sponsor in the world, a prestigious honor the company holds in high esteem.

ford_family01.jpg

From Left: Cynthia, Albert and Edsel B. Ford II at the 2006 JDRF Walk To Cure Diabetes at the GM Tech Center in Warren, MI. In 1998, Ford organized a formal walk team with Edsel B. Ford II as the Corporate Team Chair and the team raised over $180,000 for JDRF at three sites in Southeastern Michigan. The following year, the first "global" walk team was established and raised over $760,000 at 11 sites worldwide.

Over the years, the team has grown by leaps and bounds and expanded to include many national partners that currently include BP, Mazda, WPP and UAW.

In 2006, more than $3.16 million was raised to fund critical JDRF research, surpassing the $3 million mark for the fourth year in a row. The Team continues to grow even more resolute in the crusade to find a cure for diabetes. The $20 million plus contribution to JDRF was achieved in only nine years.

ford_global01.jpg

Trevor Negus and Gary Appleton celebrate their success at the 2006 JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes in Southampton, England. ford_global02.jpg

Ford Global Walk Team supporters cross the finish line in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. ford_global03.jpg

Ford Team members in London pause for a photo under the balloon arch on a beautiful Walk Day! ford_global04.jpg

The Ford Team in Omaha, NB enjoys the sunshine at Elmwood Park in Omaha on August 11, 2007. ford_global05.jpg

The Ford Global Walk Team "had a ball" at their Walk in Orlando this year!

Detroit Street Rods Raises $200K for Diabetes Research - Read the press release.

Tot Rods Roll in Big at Monterey Sports & Classics Auction - Read the press release.

The 2007 Ford team is raising funds in 47 locations in 11 countries and is committed to the mission of JDRF, a mission that is leading to a cure for diabetes.

Archived