TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Northwoods Region Shelby Club registration has opened

54LPony

Registration for the Northwoods Region Shelby club 2011 track events registration has opened this week:

• Autobahn Country Club dates are May 21-22, 2011.
  • Road America dates are August 5-7, 2011.
  • Blackhawk Farms date is September 16, 2011.

I like to do a couple of these events this year. I was wondering if anyone had participated in any past events, and is anyone planning on participating this year? I have never done anything like this before and it would be nice to meet up with some fellow club members.:)

Thanks,

Vance

• 1 month later...

The Northwoods Club is a great group and they know how to run a track event. I've done all three tracks on 4 wheels as well as 2. The Autobahn event would be good for first timers as the track has lots of runoff and few areas where you can get into serious trouble. Blackhawk is smaller and tighter with less runoff. Road America is well, Road America. Bring your brake spares!

+1 on Road America, the Northwoods Shelby Club hosts the best events, easy going, laid back bunch of guys and gals.

If you get on it coming out of corner 14 you'll see 140+ by the breaking marker going into corner 1. Can't beat that for pucker factor.

Blackhawk Farms is a tight, highly technical 7 corner 1.9 mile track, also very fun to drive at speed.

+1 at Autobahn, nice paddock area, and great when they open it up to both north and south tracks.

I belong to the Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs, we run Blackhawk and Autobahn regulary. Check us out.

• 2 weeks later...

I am working with the NW group to work together. Everyone is correct about how they run events, there is no one better. Ill keep everyone up to date

Make sure you keep these dates in mind as well

Brian Redmond event is July 14-17 at Road America

EAA Air Venture July 25th-31st Oshkosh WI (Possible Shelby American Appearance)

I need a list of events in the Indiana, Ohio and Michgan area as well guys. When all the state directors are in place, we can pic a schedule of eventsor develope our own

Archived