TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spotted 06H007 & 07H082 For Sale

HERTZ II

While surfing various sites known to have sold Shelby Hertz coupes and verts in the past, found Vantage Sports Cars in Florida advertising these 2 cars.... 06H007 and 07H082. Low miles...high prices

How COOL it would be to have 007, Bond James Bond. :dreamy:

How COOL it would be to have 007, Bond James Bond. :dreamy:

Our GT-H registar used to own that car. He goes by......wait for it......take a guess........gth007

Vantage has had those cars for a very long time now.

Our GT-H registar used to own that car. He goes by......wait for it......take a guess........gth007

Vantage has had those cars for a very long time now.

Vantage Motorsports of Orlando owner Don Miller (no relation) has sold more GT-Hs then just about anybody. He has had the super rare ones as well, including a manual transmission convertible, 2007 convertible 004 owned by the Hertz CEO etc. I sold 2006 GT-H 007 to a buyer in Texas and really regretted the move but, at the time, the market was really strong so took the profit and bought my daily driven SGT. I couldn't get the GT-H out of my mind (I retired from Hertz after 27 years) , so had to have another one, so ended up buying one of the Shelby American executive 2006 GT-Hs (there were four of these cars that SAI bought back from Hertz) that was used by Mr and Mrs Shelby at several of the show events. I found several receipts in the car where Roger and SAI staff also "flogged" the GT-H. Anyone interested in GT-H 007 would be getting a good car, all I ever had done was a new bumper facia OEM stripe and professional detailing including paint clean-up. The car came out of Hertz- Miami which has covered parking so the rest of the original stripes were perfect. The striking color combination and the 40th Anniversary badging that connects the GT-H to the GT-350-H makes ownership of the 2006 GT-Hs really special. Love these cars, Larry Miller, Shelby American Registrar 2006-2007 Shelby GT-H.

Don't forget us 07 GT-H owners. She's a classic too, AND a convertible. We need some love too. :wub:

:lol:

QSS

Sorry, was just emphasizing the 40th anniversary connection to the original 1966 GT-350H, which was promoted in the print ads, posters, badges etc. The 2007 Convertibles are a continuation of the GT-H program, and to quote the Hertz Senior Executive who decided to do convertibles in 2007, "we just wanted to do something different from the 2006 cars". Each of Shelby's cars have their own unique history, some historical, some new, and some a combination, but all fun and interesting. Larry

Sorry, was just emphasizing the 40th anniversary connection to the original 1966 GT-350H, which was promoted in the print ads, posters, badges etc. The 2007 Convertibles are a continuation of the GT-H program, and to quote the Hertz Senior Executive who decided to do convertibles in 2007, "we just wanted to do something different from the 2006 cars". Each of Shelby's cars have their own unique history, some historical, some new, and some a combination, but all fun and interesting. Larry

Thanks for the love Larry. :D

Any word on where stick # 18 for the 07 year wound up? I know we were talking awhile back about this.

QSS

Thanks for the love Larry. :D

Any word on where stick # 18 for the 07 year wound up? I know we were talking awhile back about this.

QSS

Still an unsolved mystery that someday will be resolved. Same is true of the number of test mules, prototypes etc for both 2006 and 2007 that never passed through the Hertz ownership loop. A lot of "head scratchers" for sure. A blending of the records from Hertz, SAI, and Ford will solve some of the mysteries. regards, Larry

• 4 months later...

Vantage Motorsports of Orlando owner Don Miller (no relation) has sold more GT-Hs then just about anybody. He has had the super rare ones as well, including a manual transmission convertible, 2007 convertible 004 owned by the Hertz CEO etc. I sold 2006 GT-H 007 to a buyer in Texas and really regretted the move but, at the time, the market was really strong so took the profit and bought my daily driven SGT. I couldn't get the GT-H out of my mind (I retired from Hertz after 27 years) , so had to have another one, so ended up buying one of the Shelby American executive 2006 GT-Hs (there were four of these cars that SAI bought back from Hertz) that was used by Mr and Mrs Shelby at several of the show events. I found several receipts in the car where Roger and SAI staff also "flogged" the GT-H. Anyone interested in GT-H 007 would be getting a good car, all I ever had done was a new bumper facia OEM stripe and professional detailing including paint clean-up. The car came out of Hertz- Miami which has covered parking so the rest of the original stripes were perfect. The striking color combination and the 40th Anniversary badging that connects the GT-H to the GT-350-H makes ownership of the 2006 GT-Hs really special. Love these cars, Larry Miller, Shelby American Registrar 2006-2007 Shelby GT-H.

Larry - where did you get the lower billit grille for the '06 (since they didn't start putting those in 'till '07). Would like to get one for mine. How did you install it?

He has had the super rare ones as well, including a manual transmission convertible, 2007 convertible 004 owned by the Hertz CEO etc.

So, to be clear, did Don from Vantage have a 2007 convertible that was a 5sp, #004 that belong to a Hertz executive? I just want to clarify this as this may be manual transmission #18 for the 2007 year if this is true.

QSS

I read on another post here, that only 17 manuals were produced for 2007. What is teh correct number?

See, I thought it too was only 17 produced but I have been corrected a few times that it was actually 18 produced. I'll be honest, I don't know if it's 17 or 18 produced but I really think there were 18 of them.

I guess time will tell along with the "in the know" folks.

QSS

Archived