TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It Must Be January In Scottsdale..........

shelbymotorsports

......... as the phone has been ringing non-stop all day long. :call:

Most calls are about the CSX1001 Cobra over at Russo & Steele. This was a CSCF raffle car from 2006. It had been titled in Carroll's name before the raffle.

There also must be a 1965 GT350 for sale somewhere as many phone calls on how to determine if a GT350 is real or not.

In comparasion I think I receieved only one call on the 40th GT500 car and no calls on the 2008 SGT vert.

Steve

......... as the phone has been ringing non-stop all day long. :call:

Most calls are about the CSX1001 Cobra over at Russo & Steele. This was a CSCF raffle car from 2006. It had been titled in Carroll's name before the raffle.

There also must be a 1965 GT350 for sale somewhere as many phone calls on how to determine if a GT350 is real or not.

In comparasion I think I receieved only one call on the 40th GT500 car and no calls on the 2008 SGT vert.

Steve

Steve,

I didn't see any 65 GT350s when I was there last night. I did see a 68 GT350, as well as a 68 GT500 coupe and 68 GT500 convertible.

There were a few "tribute" restorations also. But none that I saw looked close enough to authentic to be confused for the real thing.

What are the trademark implications of selling a "tribute" car? It seems like it dilutes the brand to a certain extent, but perhaps not much can be done about it?

Steve,

I didn't see any 65 GT350s when I was there last night. I did see a 68 GT350, as well as a 68 GT500 coupe and 68 GT500 convertible.

There were a few "tribute" restorations also. But none that I saw looked close enough to authentic to be confused for the real thing.

What are the trademark implications of selling a "tribute" car? It seems like it dilutes the brand to a certain extent, but perhaps not much can be done about it?

I'm in no way speaking for Shelby Licensing nor Shelby American but its my understanding that if you build a "tribute" car for your own personal use you'll be left alone. It's when a business/dealership starts to make tribute cars for sale to the general public that you better have a licensing agreement on file with Shelby Licensing.

Steve

I'm in no way speaking for Shelby Licensing nor Shelby American but its my understanding that if you build a "tribute" car for your own personal use you'll be left alone. It's when a business/dealership starts to make tribute cars for sale to the general public that you better have a licensing agreement on file with Shelby Licensing.

'Tis true.

I can make my own Super Snake clone, duplicating every single item on the SS and there's not much anyone can do about it.

But if I start making them and selling them, I'm stepping all over the copyright/trademark rights of Shelby.

No profit = okay.

Profit = illegal.

At least that's my understanding (from a Copyright lawyer friend)

Phill

Archived