TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recaro Seats

Madlock

Particularly with springtime approaching and some track time waiting for me when it gets here, the notion of Recaro seats that are more appropriate for track use with some of the GT500's much-improved road holding has really become an attractive proposition to me.

Unfortunately, it won't be as easy as just buying the seats for the 2012, as they'll most likely be sold on a component part basis - screw by screw, spring by spring. I've inquired of Recaro, but I can't find any aftermarket seats that would include the same adjustable features and side airbag in an aftermarket seat made for shoulder harnesses. Has anybody come across another option?

Watch FRPP as I've seen a part number for these with Ford Racing logo on them. No pricing as of yet, however it is in the parts catalog!

INFO FROM HERE

“FORD RACING” RECARO SEATS page 245

M-63660005-MB

• Racing-inspired black cloth seats with embroidered “Ford Racing” logo in seat back

• Extra bolstering in seat base and seat back

• Seat back belt guides for 4-point shoulder harness

• Seat tracks included with wiring harness for power seat functions

Watch FRPP as I've seen a part number for these with Ford Racing logo on them. No pricing as of yet, however it is in the parts catalog!

Thanks! I have the 2011 catalog, but I'd overlooked them. Thanks for pointing them out!

Man, I just have to say... for as global as car makers happen to be, I swear that most eBay vendors are more sophisticated merchants and retailers than anything I've seen put forth in terms of an auto maker marketing or selling its retail goods. I can only imagine how many millions for has left on the table in business people would otherwise be dying to give it - if only they were competent at it. At the same time, they invest billions in new vehicle platforms with the hope of selling vehicles at a fraction of the margin.

ANYWAY.... Thanks for the terrific tip. I'd love it if Ford were to offer the OE Recaro seats as an aftermarket option - both to preserve the power functions, but the side airbag too - with leather. It really doesn't take more than a handful of wanted updates to justify the cost of trading-up an entire model year.

• 2 months later...

Archived