TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ken?

slbgtsc

Ken Ahmann? I saw pix of his car there on the trailer.... I'm curious too!

Ah, yes, Ken was there... his car is a bruiser, for sure:

DSC_0156.jpg

Jer

DSC_0156.jpg

Ah, yes, Ken was there... his car is a bruiser, for sure:

DSC_0156.jpg

Jer

Very cool glad to hear the car is up and running. Now Ken needs to post and lets us know the numbers. Someday the bash will happen for me. This year I was trying to fit it in but we told our kids we would do a Denver Nuggets game and spend some time in Denver after Christmas. Turns out the only weekend we could make it work was last weekend. Next year?

Very cool glad to hear the car is up and running. Now Ken needs to post and lets us know the numbers. Someday the bash will happen for me. This year I was trying to fit it in but we told our kids we would do a Denver Nuggets game and spend some time in Denver after Christmas. Turns out the only weekend we could make it work was last weekend. Next year?

Yup! See ya there!

Jer

• 4 months later...

I've been MIA from TS for several months actually. I went back to college in January to get my mechanical engineering degree and I took a full class load, while working 50+ hours per week. My semester just ended, so I'm busy reconnecting with the people I've had zero time for over the last 5 months. I did make the Bash and had a great time while in Vegas. The car ran like a bat out of hell and took some getting used to with the Whipple on board. The instant-on, absolutely insane amount of torque made me literally laugh out loud the first several times I punched it. Midway through the first track day, however, I had her figured out pretty well. At the end of the 2nd track day, though, I broke my alternator pulley. It was the OEM clutched pulley and no one I could find had ever heard of anyone breaking one (same pulleys on the cops' Crown Vics). Took me awhile to figure out what the hell was wrong with the car, so I was glad to have my truck and trailer.

Anyway, the car only put down 638 hp SAE on the dyno a couple days before the haul down to Vegas. It was still pulling timing badly, fighting super hot IAT's. I've since installed the Shelby dual fan heat-exchanger and made a couple of other small cooling mods, but haven't had a chance to get it back on the dyno yet. I was scheduled to have it done a couple months back, but I backed out at the last minute after hearing horror stories about the tuner.

Anyway, I'll get to my PM's here shortly.

EDIT: I also made a pretty drastic exterior mod. I'll get some pics up asap of the bruiser's new look. I think you guys will dig it. ;)

Ken your car dynoed at 638? Holy moley!!!! Sure soinded killer st the bash!

I gotta find the Bash video I took of Ken pulling it off the trailer at the track...

Sounded like a barrel full of bowling balls. And I mean that in the most COMPLIMENTARY sense!

hysterical.gif

Jer

Archived