TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Strut's, Shocks, springs

Naa-V-Doc

Seeking advice:

I have been thinking about putting the KR Strut's, Shock's, and Springs on my 07 SGT. By adding these to the SGT will it benefit the handling of the SGT? And, would it pose any issues to the stock Ford Racing Package (lowered 1.5 inches etc)?

Thanks in advance.

Doc :salute:

Seeking advice:

I have been thinking about putting the KR Strut's, Shock's, and Springs on my 07 SGT. By adding these to the SGT will it benefit the handling of the SGT? And, would it pose any issues to the stock Ford Racing Package (lowered 1.5 inches etc)?

Thanks in advance.

Food for thought - I'm going to sell my stock GT500 struts, springs and sway bars...

Here is a qoute from someone on the KR forum who traded in an SGT for his KR

"I don't personally think that the KR in stock would be that much of a performer on the track. Just in challenging myself on the backroads here locally, the difference in stock SGT that I traded in for the KR is considerable."

Heres the link to the topic: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63637-what-did-your-kr-get-for-christmas/page__st__40

Dont know if this will help you but you might want to ask some questions about the comparisson

Seeking advice:

Thanks in advance.

There is a weight difference between the KR and the SGT. You might end up sitting higher than your current SGT ride height.

There is a weight difference between the KR and the SGT. You might end up sitting higher than your current SGT ride height.

Absobloominlutely true: the experts agree the stiffer springs will raise a stock Mustang GT by half an inch. If the Shelby GT Mustang is lower than the stock GT, the rise will be even more remarkable.

Those same experts agree the upgraded struts and shocks are about 15% more controlling than stock. Sway bars would be good, too.

Archived