TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Transmission

bjcorey1

I am new to this forum and the Gt 500 - I have read about the shifting problems and I wanted to know if anyone has changed the trans fluid ?

I changed the fluid on my 2010 GT500 to Royal Purple. It seemed to help "some." Not completely, but definitely some. My 2011 has the issue also...but I have not changed the fluid yet...and I don't know that I will, cuz I don't really think it makes much of a difference. The whole issue REALLY pisses me off.

Just so you know, not everyone has that problem. I have about 5000 miles on my 2010 and my transmission works just fine so far.

I bought a 2010 GT500 last Feb. I have 4000 miles on it and zero problem. Sometimes I wonder if there are people trolling the website to post bad stuff and have jumped on this?We will never know. I will probably now read a diluge of people posting counters to mine. It seems typically that if you have no problem ,you say nothing. Maybe say, mmmm, gosh maybe Im just lucky? I used to race a 289 K code back in the day, GT40 cam, blah, blah, blah, maybe I should bitch about drive line twist and hard shifting in that one? Just saying...........

Archived