TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steeda coil-over suspension installed and evaluated.

notstock

I had my car returned a couple of days ago and thought i'd share some impressions. I chose the Steeda/Tokico D-spec adjustables. I was looking for a balance between a Street Car, Road Course, and Drag Race car, and as my installer told me you cannot have them all, but he thinks i ended up with a good road car and a good drag car. Once i install the Shelby intercooler/dual fan set-up, and long tubes, i hope to track the car and see how it performs with different settings. The front struts are true coil-overs with dampening/rebound, and height adjustability. The rear shocks are not true coil-overs, but do allow for the same adjustability, including height. After talking with Steeda, it's a personal choice but i elected to go with a 275lb spring in the front, and 200lb in the back. I also had the Steeda bumpsteer and balljoint kits installed, along with Steeda's adjustable front swaybar with billet endlinks, and rear swaybar with billet hangars. I wish the car could be easily flipped over as these components are not only effective, but BEAUTIFUL! When i picked the car up the installer (an experienced race car fabricator and driver), drove and i quickly noticed how firm the car was (you could feel every crevice in the road), but did it ever go through some curves, etc., and never felt like it was going to break loose. It felt extremely solid, but NVR seemed surprisingly low. It's nice to have charge of the car instead of vice-versa. The suspension was on the full firmness setting by the way. I then decided to adjust the system for a more compliant street set-up. The maunal said to start at 5 turns back for a start (street), so i went with 4. I am amazed at how nice the car now handles and feels, and i would say its comparable to the ride feel before the installation. I should also state that i already had Steeda's adj. panhard bar and brace, adj. upper control arm and mount, and billet lower control arms installed. The car is now lowered approx. 1 1/4" in the front, and approximately 1 3/4" in the back. It looks wicked, and retains functionality. Naturally, my installer did a full alignment, pinion angle, as well as corner balancing (which was cool as i have a lot of weight data on the vehicle now). Perhaps i've gotten used to some NVR with the other rear end suspension components i had before the struts and shocks, but to me it seems very street friendly/compliant for the performance gained.

That would be great. I will try and get some pics next time it's on a lift as well. If you have any questions on my set-up feel free to ask or contact Todd at Steeda (954-960-0774) who was real helpful to me. :D :D

notstock, where are you in VA? And, which shop did your work? Am having some similar work done to my 2011 and interested in who you used.

Archived