TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Color Regret?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im with Iceman, I love my triple black vert with white side stripes. I am seriously thinking of getting a coupe for mods and a driver. I would like to wait until 09 and find a used one in any color. I hated the GO color at first, but it has really grown on me. If I had a choice for the coupe, I would go with GO stripe delet, and add black stripes. After seeing the girls car at Shelby Cars, I love that combo.

I love my white/blue stripe coupe and am fortunate enough to have been able to order my 2nd choice.

Triple black vert with white side stripes on order. :hyper:

My order was Red. I changed it to GO. Then Coldy's car gave me the fever for White...........Then Bonedoc and Sprint200 talked some sence back into me.

I am not going to GO back now. :happy feet:

Grabber

that kind of shocks me

your car will be Awesome

I could'nt picture you with any other color

come on your "GRABBER"

I love the white

my choice since before the Shelby GT500 was anounced

I am 100% happy with my Ebony with Tungsten coupe color choice. I plan on getting a second Shelby to toy around with more and I am leaning to Grabber Orange with white. The black just looks meaner, but the orange just looks like a more fun summer cruiser to me.

I second that emotion. The more I see it, the more I like it.

Make it three!

By the way, this will be my third red car in a row !

IMG_0081.jpgStealth_01.jpgAudi_S4___01.jpg

P.S. Please guys, no bashing; I know these other two cars are imports, but with the kind of weather that we have here, all wheel drive is a must if you want to have some driving fun during the winter time.

IMG_0081.jpg

Audi_S4___01.jpg

Stealth_01.jpg

The dark blue with the white stripe is hot .... but like everyone else ... the car that i ordered ... the color i ordered ... I would do it all over again ..

Love it!

dond

Ya sure do, sorry it took a while, was on the road all afternoon :headspin: .

MHO

Black is the ONLY color that looks mean and totally awesome without stripes

that is one BAD A$$ looking car

I like every one of them, but I am extremely happy with my Torch red w/ white stripe coupe.

It really stands out and nothing else like it in my neck of the woods.

(can be a bad thing, once cops start to notice though). :hysterical:

My lsat 2 mustangs were red

I love the color, very rich and fast while sitting still

Florida sun beats it up bad

Vista Blue with white stripes, Awesome color. Would do it again. A shelby GT would be nice but can't do it now. Maybe down the road......

I'm with Fordrules. I have no regrets with the Vista Blue/White. The White/Blue was my second choice but after seeing one in person, I would still stay with the blue/white. I have never seen a bad looking color combo. They are all very sweeeet.

Make it three!

By the way, this will be my third red car in a row !

post-8216-1172892917_thumb.jpgpost-8216-1172892949_thumb.jpgpost-8216-1172892936_thumb.jpg

P.S. Please guys, no bashing; I know these other two cars are imports, but with the kind of weather that we have here, all wheel drive is a must if you want to have some driving fun during the winter time.

263, the 91-93 Stealth used to be my fav car back in it's day. Still to this day I think it has the nicest int of any car ever, especially the gauge layout. I drove a couple of them, they pulled really hard through 1st and 2nd, and yes red was my fav on those as well. Nice pics.

263, the 91-93 Stealth used to be my fav car back in it's day. Still to this day I think it has the nicest int of any car ever, especially the gauge layout. I drove a couple of them, they pulled really hard through 1st and 2nd, and yes red was my fav on those as well. Nice pics.

Keith, I agree with you for the interior; the engined indeed pulled hard in the low gears, but somehow felt as if it had a bit less bottom end torque than my Audi. I purchased the Stealth used in '95 and kept it until I finally let it go (or should I say IT let me go) last fall, after 11 Canadian winters and over 255k. I was already looking for a Shelby at the time; maybe she couldn't stand the fact that I was looking to replace her. :)

As far as the S4 is concerned, her future is safe for now. I still need a daily driver for those cold and snowy winter days.

When I originally order my car, I changed my color choice 3 times.

1st was White w Blue stripes

2nd Alloy w Satin Silver stripes

3rd Red w White stripe, which is was I chose.

I would have stayed with Alloy but early on in the process Ford had no color samples of Alloy, and once a sample came available it was so small you couldn't really see it.

If I could do it all over again, I would choose Alloy w Satin Silver stripes. Especially after seeing this car pictured below.

post-3039-1173154529_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1173154529_thumb.jpg

I thought I was the only one.. I originally ordered a Blue w/ tungsten stripes. That was on Oct 13, I was told 6-8 weeks which I didn't believe. A red w/ white stripes came in on Oct 16 and was offered to me. I thought about for a couple of hours then jumped on it. I felt the wait was going to be longer than 8 weeks, and didn't want to get stuck should the ADMs go away. Well the car I ordered came in March 1, the color was changed to Black. I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep this one or see about getting a blue one.

Maybe an 08

Red was my second choice since I traded in a Red 06 GT, no regrets on the car.

MHO

Black is the ONLY color that looks mean and totally awesome without stripes

that is one BAD A$$ looking car

Thx for the complement. I completely agree with you on black being the only color that looks just lovely without stripes. The only other one i can say i like without stripes is the Alloy color, as for the rest, i love the colors, but i think they require the stripes to set them off just right! I think all the colors have their own pluses in their own ways :hyper: gotta give everyone some love! :wub:

When I originally order my car, I changed my color choice 3 times.

1st was White w Blue stripes

2nd Alloy w Satin Silver stripes

3rd Red w White stripe, which is was I chose.

I would have stayed with Alloy but early on in the process Ford had no color samples of Alloy, and once a sample came available it was so small you couldn't really see it.

If I could do it all over again, I would choose Alloy w Satin Silver stripes. Especially after seeing this car pictured below.

+1, that is a great looking car. I would order silver stripes instead of white, if I had to do it again. I would still keep the red.

My first color choice was tungsten gray with black stripes. The day I placed my order I found out that black wasn't an option for stripe colors. My next option was blue with the white stripes, but I was affraid too many would be ordered in that color scheme. So I went with the Alloy with silver stripes even though I had no idea what the alloy looked like. I wanted something a little bit different. I am so happy I went with the alloy with silver, it is a great color combo in the coupe. My 66 coupe is Tahoe Turquise and I can't count how many car shows I've been to where people think it's my wife's car because of the color. I wanted my Shelby to be a HE MAN color so that's why I went with the alloy. By the way I love my Tahoe turquise even if it is a girly color.

Yeah Red does get hit hard by the sun. Mine is in the garage most of the time and I just hope the newer paint types and the quality of the new style polishes helps to combat this.

Paints and polishes are a whole lot better

Garage is a must

Archived