TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Color Regret?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the start. i wanted white coupe with grey stripes bad. Problem is i have only ever seen 2 on ebay one was sold out from under me and the other one just shoed up this week :) I didnt have the choice to order so i was at the mercy of the market.

When i purchsed mine I had had a choice of orange/white/red or black. Too me the black with the grey stripes looked the meanest ,thats what i chose.In my crazy mind, red/white is too common. Somebody already has a white blue within 25 miles of me and orange is just a little to bright for me.

If I had to do it at my choice i whould now take blue/grey stripes.........But my black/grey still looks mean as hell and i love it.I just hate that i have to clean it after every 5 mile trip;)

Just curious if anyone is either unhappy or regrets getting the color they purchased?

No regrets on my Grabber Orange Vert.

I do wish that the LeMans stripes were available as an option.

I want to have the stripes installed but I'm on the fence about doing vinyl or painted.

I can't find anyone in my area that I trust enough to do the work.

Pointcover, How About You? Are you having second thoughts on your color choice???

Alan

Love my red with white. :hyper:

svtkeith,

I love your Torch Red with white as well! For now I'm driving my 2005 Torch Red Mustang GT (ya know, the little one with only 300HP). I'm chiming in on the Torch Red color because even when it's dirty, unless your close to it, it appears clean. The Torch Red is very easy to keep clean and I it too looks bad arse when shined up. When the ADM's come down, I plan on going with the Torch Red w/o the white stripe over the top. I'm jealous (but happy for you), you have one hell of a nice ride!

No regrets on my Grabber Orange Vert.

I do wish that the LeMans stripes were available as an option.

I want to have the stripes installed but I'm on the fence about doing vinyl or painted.

I can't find anyone in my area that I trust enough to do the work.

Pointcover, How About You? Are you having second thoughts on your color choice???

Alan

After seeing a black coupe with grey stripes in person, I have fallen in love again! I've had all my Mustangs/Cobras in black until now. Don't get me wrong, I like the white with blue stripes. It's just something about a black coupe....

Would I trade? Maybe..... :shrug:

Im with Iceman, I love my triple black vert with white side stripes. I am seriously thinking of getting a coupe for mods and a driver. I would like to wait until 09 and find a used one in any color. I hated the GO color at first, but it has really grown on me. If I had a choice for the coupe, I would go with GO stripe delet, and add black stripes. After seeing the girls car at Shelby Cars, I love that combo.

Only one regret on my red GT500 vert. I wanted a coupe too. So I bought a white Shelby GT. :banana piano:

I have no sympathy for you

I'm jealuos

I wonder if my wife would go for another Shelby? hmm

White with vista blue

NO REGRETS AT ALL, MY FAVORITE

I too am very happy with the black/tungsten exterior, black/red interior and the wife also likes it!!!

I don't think there is a bad color

they all look great

I wouldn't say "regret", but I wavered a lot between Tungsten and Alloy, finally going with Alloy. I've only seen the car in the sun twice in the two months I've had it...so we'll see. The Tungsten is awesome in bright light...but on overcast days I didn't like the purplish hue it gave off. I think I'll need scome chrome wheels to snazz mine up a bit...at some time.

Dave

MasterMech1, where did you get you black cobra floor mats? Any other ideas on floor mats (ie. shelby, gt500, etc.)

I forgot the name of the place. SCGT500 will be on here later. He has the same ones, or PM him and ask. He'll be glad to help. I like the ones Shelby Autos are putting out too, with the trunk mat.

svtkeith,

I love your Torch Red with white as well! For now I'm driving my 2005 Torch Red Mustang GT (ya know, the little one with only 300HP). I'm chiming in on the Torch Red color because even when it's dirty, unless your close to it, it appears clean. The Torch Red is very easy to keep clean and I it too looks bad arse when shined up. When the ADM's come down, I plan on going with the Torch Red w/o the white stripe over the top. I'm jealous (but happy for you), you have one hell of a nice ride!

Thanks 05, I wish you all the luck in the hunt for your Shelby. Just a suggestion, you should look at a vista blue in person before you buy, JMO, but it's a very very close second.

I forgot the name of the place.

Late Model Restoration. I got them at the same place, too.

Back on topic. If I had to do it again, I would seriously consider Grabber Orange for the color.

I have no regrets about my choice of Alloy, though. Most of my friends and family have said the car looks "mean" in that color. Not to mention that all the plastic trim blends in with Alloy pretty well. Along with the Tungsten side stripes, mine is a fairly stealth color combination. Another plus in my book.

Of all the qualities of GO, stealth isn't one of them.

Late Model Restoration. I got them at the same place, too.

Back on topic. If I had to do it again, I would seriously consider Grabber Orange for the color.

I have no regrets about my choice of Alloy, though. Most of my friends and family have said the car looks "mean" in that color. Not to mention that all the plastic trim blends in with Alloy pretty well. Along with the Tungsten side stripes, mine is a fairly stealth color combination. Another plus in my book.

Of all the qualities of GO, stealth isn't one of them.

My order was Red. I changed it to GO. Then Coldy's car gave me the fever for White...........Then Bonedoc and Sprint200 talked some sence back into me.

I am not going to GO back now. :happy feet:

My order was Red. I changed it to GO. Then Coldy's car gave me the fever for White...........Then Bonedoc and Sprint200 talked some sence back into me.

I am not going to GO back now. :happy feet:

Me like red, me got red, me happy :happy feet:

Archived