TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Matte Black Super Snake stripe on 2011 GT500

ewingfly

So I was the one that took John Farmer (stuckonyougraphics.com) up on testing out the super snake style stripes on a 2011 GT500. I loved how the matte black on black look came out. John is a terrific guy to deal with. Helped through the whole process. Plus the cut of the stripes was phenomenal. Best I have personally dealt with (did 2 lemans type stripes on my 2006 and 2008 GTs). On to the pictures.

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

So I was the one that took John Farmer (stuckonyougraphics.com) up on testing out the super snake style stripes on a 2011 GT500. I loved how the matte black on black look came out. John is a terrific guy to deal with. Helped through the whole process. Plus the cut of the stripes was phenomenal. Best I have personally dealt with (did 2 lemans type stripes on my 2006 and 2008 GTs). On to the pictures.

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

Stripes look great!!! where are you at in michigan.....I am in livonia and I have a 2011black/silver convertible.....

Stripes look great!!! where are you at in michigan.....I am in livonia and I have a 2011black/silver convertible.....

Im in warren/sterling heights area. Not too far from ya.

I will get some more pics up when the weather clears up a little.

Thanks for the all the comments!

How did you get ahold of him. I live 2 hours from him and have a 2011 and left him emails on team Shelby and his web page to get this done and have never heard from him and my dads car needed the front bumper restriped and he wouldn't return his email either. But car looks awesome with the stripe congrats

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

Looks awesome Ewingfly. Nicely done !!

-HAWKBARR

Umang thanks for posting! Your car looks awesome!

Bdastrk - I'm sorry for not responding yet. I am still in vegas which has limited my ability to respond but I will be back on Monday. If you would like to discuss feel free to call the number on our website. That wiLl put you through to me.

Also just to avoid confusion this can not be referred to as a supersnake stripe kit for licensing reasons. Perhaps one of you could suggest a name?

It's a Trans-Am stripe. As in the Trans America racing series when the cars had a single stripe on the hood/top/trunk.

I had a '70 Pontiac Trans-Am with a similar stripe. I think the Boss cars had a single stripe too.

I've always called the SS stripe a thin-THICK-thin stripe but Shelby calls it something like a "narrow-WIDE-narrow" stripe.

thin-THICK-thin or TA style is what I'd call it.

Speaking of which, do you make them in whte? I always wondered what that type of stripe would look like on a '10+ GT500 hood. I was planning on buying a SS hood and putting a white SS stripe on my car but I could save a ton of money by just adding the thin-THICK-thin stripe to my OEM hood w/center vent on it.

Anyone know how to photo shop that black/black car to get a WHITE stripe on it?

Oh, and how much do you get for your complete kit?

And is it the vinyl like my sign painter sponsor used to give me? He'd cut the vinyls out on a plotter and I'd get them with paper on both sides of the vinyl. Remove the "sticky side" paper, lay the vinyl down and use a squeege to apply it, then remove the outter (thicker) paper.

I can apply that type of vinyl myself....

TIA,

Phill Pollard

Hmm, thank's but for some reason I can't find the thinTHICKthin stripe on the site.

Still too new? Prototype? Test marketing?

PRICE?

Thanks in advance ALL,

PRP

Archived