TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby signed GT-H hoods to be available

JeffJ

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine and a friends shipped to a place in Vegas for $50 each. I then drove them both home and they arrived here in Alberta this past Sunday.

Fortunately I was already down there for some sun and fun otherwise delivery charges to both of us in Alberta would have been about $1,000,000 for each hood :D .

QSS

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's a nice spot. It's that your den or garage? It almost looks like a normal section of a diner.

It is the garage/party room. Work in progress for the past few years, but just about done. Here's a few more:

table.jpg

bar.jpg

DMCparty11103.jpg

DMCparty11101.jpg

DMCparty11105.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Robert, I posted several pictures of the signed hood on post 45 of this thread.

Harold,

There were some boxes that had a big star on them. The ones that had a big star on them I believe had some sort of annomolly on the hood. I believe that some had the signature on them upside down from the others, etc. Yours it looks like had a star on the box due to the diff sig. I don't think that Carroll signs that many things in such big writing. So you can imagine that the sig might not be his normal exact sig like he does on all the other stuff. It definitly is a real sig and authenticated as being one of these hoods, but yes, looks like he missed an 'r' there. Makes it only the more unique I'd say. More of a conversation piece. I doubt he signed all these on the same day, but may have, I don't know. If a hood was layed down not in the same position or direction, that probably caused Carroll some challenges I would imagine. I don't think that it detracts anything from what you have there. It is authentic for sure.

Looking at other signatures, any thoughts on mine? See post 45. This is odd with one R.

Somebody needs to tell Juan there are 2 R's in Carroll... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: jk

(Before anybody blasts me :slapfight: , Juan is a friend of mine there at SA.)

I think Jeff nailed it with his explanation. It probably was a pain in the a$$ & awkward to have Carroll sign all those hoods. Definitely a rare one you have Harald.

Dan

I bet the gold marker that he was using ran out of ink after the first R then he might have grabbed a new gold marker and just lost track of where in his signature was. It appears the first three letters are a lighter shade of gold.

Harold,

There were some boxes that had a big star on them. The ones that had a big star on them I believe had some sort of annomolly on the hood. I believe that some had the signature on them upside down from the others, etc. Yours it looks like had a star on the box due to the diff sig. I don't think that Carroll signs that many things in such big writing. So you can imagine that the sig might not be his normal exact sig like he does on all the other stuff. It definitly is a real sig and authenticated as being one of these hoods, but yes, looks like he missed an 'r' there. Makes it only the more unique I'd say. More of a conversation piece. I doubt he signed all these on the same day, but may have, I don't know. If a hood was layed down not in the same position or direction, that probably caused Carroll some challenges I would imagine. I don't think that it detracts anything from what you have there. It is authentic for sure.

Thanks Jeff. Yes, as you can see the box did have a star and it indicated signature sideways. It is what it is and thats OK with me. So much history and some things we will never know

Maybe the marker ran out. Only Shelby knows.

I bet the gold marker that he was using ran out of ink after the first R then he might have grabbed a new gold marker and just lost track of where in his signature was. It appears the first three letters are a lighter shade of gold.

Not sure if the paint pen ran out of paint but you can clearly see that Carroll stopped mid-stream more than once with that autograph. Good conversation piece.

Steve

When Carroll gets done signing here, there are literally DOZENS of pens on the floor because they lost their top, ink or whatever. It's kinda funny because he just throws them.

Yeah I know because in Terlingua I went into that banquet room where he was signing stuff after everybody left and picked up a marker that was on the floor that he used and I have it stashed away with all my Terlingua items.

One time I had a commerial grade permanent marker that Carroll used to sign something for me and he kept my marker. I didn't say anything because I figured that whoever else's items that he signed with that marker will have an industrial INK and will last forever.

Archived