TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby signed GT-H hoods to be available

JeffJ

So while I was at the Shelby Bash this weekend, I saw one of the 200 factory hoods that they had signed by Carroll at the beginning of the program. I learned that there were like 10 available which they didn't realize were in inventory up stairs back in boxes which were never sold. So there's one in my buddies truck on it's way to Colorado right now. I believe that they are going to get the others put up on the SPP web site here soon to get them gone. I believe that they will be $399. At the beginning of the Hertz program, they took 200 of the first factory hoods which they took off the cars and had Carroll sign them with gold paint marker. There is a metal plate attached as the authenticity which is serialized. One of the best must haves for any GT-H owner. These are already boxed with packing and the sig is covered with that white car covering which covers new cars in transport. I'll get some pics of mine when I get it out of the box later this week.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while I was at the Shelby Bash this weekend, I saw one of the 200 factory hoods that they had signed by Carroll at the beginning of the program. I learned that there were like 10 available which they didn't realize were in inventory up stairs back in boxes which were never sold. So there's one in my buddies truck on it's way to Colorado right now. I believe that they are going to get the others put up on the SPP web site here soon to get them gone. I believe that they will be $399. At the beginning of the Hertz program, they took 200 of the first factory hoods which they took off the cars and had Carroll sign them with gold paint marker. There is a metal plate attached as the authenticity which is serialized. One of the best must haves for any GT-H owner. These are already boxed with packing and the sig is covered with that white car covering which covers new cars in transport. I'll get some pics of mine when I get it out of the box later this week.

Hi Jeff

This is of interest to me how do i get one....... what is the spp website you referr to....... thanks

Hi Jeff

This is of interest to me how do i get one....... what is the spp website you referr to....... thanks

Shelby Performance Parts. Contact them and I'm sure that Sharon or April can help you out. They are all boxed up, so shipping is not a problem. Since I was there and had a friend with a truck who lives near by me, all the better!

http://www.shelbystore.com/default.asp

Jeff, great meeting you this weekend and the info on the hoods.

Picked it up from my buddy this evening and opened it up. Only thing that's a bummer is that the painters tape on the paper over the sig is really stuck to the hood after being stored over the past five years. The protectant material comes off good, but the tape is stuck. Oh well, I'll get it off, just not tonight. Also, there were 300 done originally, not 200. Here it is:

hoodsig11.jpg

hoodsig12.jpg

hoodsig13.jpg

hoodsig14.jpg

hoodsig15.jpg

A good wax will take it off. So do we know how many are left? Is it 200 of 300?

There were 300 originally done based on the plaque on the hood. When I left, there were 9-10 left. My buddy who brought mine home also bought one for himself. These were all thought to be all sold back in 2006-2007 until they just recently found these remaining up in storage.

There were 300 originally done based on the plaque on the hood. When I left, there were 9-10 left. My buddy who brought mine home also bought one for himself. These were all thought to be all sold back in 2006-2007 until they just recently found these remaining up in storage.

I sent an email to Juan on the 16th .... hope some are left, just waiting to get info.

A good wax will take it off. So do we know how many are left? Is it 200 of 300?

I wouldn't use wax. Soak it with spray detailer first. You want to dissolve the petrified adhesive. Detailer will have enough solvent. If that doesn't work, try bug and tar remover. Whatever you do re-seal the signature area. Any of those materials can contain a solvent for the paint marker that was used for the sig.

Picked it up from my buddy this evening and opened it up. Only thing that's a bummer is that the painters tape on the paper over the sig is really stuck to the hood after being stored over the past five years. The protectant material comes off good, but the tape is stuck. Oh well, I'll get it off, just not tonight. Also, there were 300 done originally, not 200. Here it is:

hoodsig11.jpg

hoodsig12.jpg

hoodsig13.jpg

hoodsig14.jpg

hoodsig15.jpg

Was there any paperwork that came with the hood???

Was there any paperwork that came with the hood???

There's a paper stapled inside the box stating that this hood came from the manufacturing process of the GT-H program, while great care was taken to keep them in the best condition, there may be minor scratches from the process. Between that and the plaque on the hood, not sure what else you would be looking for as to the paperwork?

There's a paper stapled inside the box stating that this hood came from the manufacturing process of the GT-H program, while great care was taken to keep them in the best condition, there may be minor scratches from the process. Between that and the plaque on the hood, not sure what else you would be looking for as to the paperwork?

Any chance of getting a scan of that? I was thinking like a certicate of auth or something like that but thanks for the info

Nice. Sent two emails last week about these and got the old "I'll get back to you".

So are they sold or not??????

QSS

Spoke to Juan on Friday, he had 5 left but there may be issues with two that were sold earlier in the week, so maybe 3 left ..... call me Doug and we can talk but they are all gone I think.

Archived