TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang Club of America - National Show!

2007_Shelby_GT

This is so cool. This show is being put together bymy Mother-in-Law. It will be great for everyone to come to my home. If everyone wants to get together let me know, or if anyone needs a place to stay or place to park truck and trailer I have 1 and 1/2 acre. I am only about 20 minutes from the show. I am so excited and can't wait. If anyone wants any information or questions please let me know I will help.

This is so cool. This show is being put together bymy Mother-in-Law. It will be great for everyone to come to my home. If everyone wants to get together let me know, or if anyone needs a place to stay or place to park truck and trailer I have 1 and 1/2 acre. I am only about 20 minutes from the show. I am so excited and can't wait. If anyone wants any information or questions please let me know I will help.

that's a very sweet offer Daphne! We may be towing, haven't decided yet. We will stay at the host hotel but look forward to meeting you. Craig

Great offer Daphne!

I live nearby as well, (Amelia Island / Fernandina Beach), I don't have space for trailers/RVs, but there are great places to stay and terrific restaurants! Camping at Fort Clinch, Bed and Breakfast, hotels and motels, etc., all within 20-30 minutes of the show site.

A Team Shelby get together sounds like a winner! I'm in!

Sam

If everyone is interested in a Team Shelby get together let me know, we can have it at my house or I can try to make reservations for a place. I am up for anything.

Daphne's right - a gathering of Team Shelby folks should be held! We've got a few months, but it doesn't hurt to start making some inquiries with local establishments for a place to meet, eat, drink, and be merry!

Just post here if anyone's interested!

Sam

If we are going to do a Team Shelby meet may I suggest Friday night, the Mustang Club hosting the event is hosting a crusie to the Jacksonville Landing Sat night. Let me know any thoughts.

If we are going to do a Team Shelby meet may I suggest Friday night, the Mustang Club hosting the event is hosting a crusie to the Jacksonville Landing Sat night. Let me know any thoughts.

I'm in agreement with Friday. There's several good places to gather that are very close to the River City Market show site. I'll be visiting a few and discussing possibilities and will let everyone know, but right now the most likely candidate is a place called "Murray's Grill". Murray's is very open/friendly to local car and motorcycle groups and their building has a wrap around porch that overlooks a decent sized parking lot - plus they're right on A1A. Menu is standard American fare - steaks, burgers, etc. and they have a full bar. (There's also an Advance Auto parts place right next door that's open till 8:00 pm should the need arise!)

Sam

• 3 weeks later...

OK ladies and gentlemen - we have a meeting place! Tonight I met Daphne and company at Murray's Grill, (great family you've got there Daphne!), and we had a brief but fruitful conversation with the restaurant owner, Mitch Murray. He's all for it and was very happy to be the host for our gathering on Friday evening! Between Daphne and myself, we gave him all the details about the upcoming show and all he asked was for us to keep him advised as to how many would be showing up and he'd take care of the rest! (reserved parking, "Welcome Team Shelby" on the sign, etc.!)

So, to all who are attending the show, keep Daphne and I "in the loop"! I think a meet, greet, and eat, followed by a cruise into downtown Fernandina Beach would be a killer way to kick off the weekend!

Let's do this!

Sam

OK ladies and gentlemen - we have a meeting place! Tonight I met Daphne and company at Murray's Grill, (great family you've got there Daphne!), and we had a brief but fruitful conversation with the restaurant owner, Mitch Murray. He's all for it and was very happy to be the host for our gathering on Friday evening! Between Daphne and myself, we gave him all the details about the upcoming show and all he asked was for us to keep him advised as to how many would be showing up and he'd take care of the rest! (reserved parking, "Welcome Team Shelby" on the sign, etc.!)

So, to all who are attending the show, keep Daphne and I "in the loop"! I think a meet, greet, and eat, followed by a cruise into downtown Fernandina Beach would be a killer way to kick off the weekend!

Let's do this!

Sam

Sam and all the others ....

Looks like your going to have a great time in Jacksonville. What day is the show again ? I wish I could join you but thats a long haul from SW Florda

Enjoy the meet and send me some pictures !!!!!

Sam and all the others ....

Looks like your going to have a great time in Jacksonville. What day is the show again ? I wish I could join you but thats a long haul from SW Florda

Enjoy the meet and send me some pictures !!!!!

Don,

Show dates are May 20 through 22 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)!

Southwest Florida ain't that far! (less than 5 hours in a Shelby!)

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

I am reconsidering coming up for the show. Waterford was great ... had a blast ... so J vil should even be better :happy feet: :happy feet:

I know I can make Sunday ... not sure about Saturday .... looks like theyre Judging both days ... can i even show up on Sunday am ? I sent a email to the club to find out.

Daphne ...... you have a horse farm ..... is it big enough for 100 cars or so ? I need a horse farm near Orlando ... for next years Horse Power on the Horse Farm event .... rumor has it your a dedicated true and blue Team Shelby member .... we need to talk girl !

I talked to my Mother-in-law, which is running the show, you can show up Sun but will not be judged. But you can still come and have a good time. I sent you a message about other things.

Sounds great! I'm staying at the Crown Plaza.

Is Murray's Grill in Yulee?

Crown Plaza at the airport or downtown? Airport probably better due to being about 3 miles from show site. (and there really isn't that much to see or do downtown!)

I'm going to try and make it, haven't been over there for a couple years. The last time was the Stampede VII at the Landings hosted be MMJAX. Had a great time but was the only 40th Anniversary there. The only slight problem is I will be meeting a group of Long Haulers in Cocoa Beach two weeks later for the Power Tour going North and it might be a little too much.

I'm going to try and make it, haven't been over there for a couple years. The last time was the Stampede VII at the Landings hosted be MMJAX. Had a great time but was the only 40th Anniversary there. The only slight problem is I will be meeting a group of Long Haulers in Cocoa Beach two weeks later for the Power Tour going North and it might be a little too much.

I know how you feel - I just registered for the Team Shelby Sebring track event and it's the very next weekend!

Sam

I have a few ideas if anyone is interested in attending. First, friday nite Sam and I are planning a Team Shelby meet and great at Murrys Grill in Yulee. We can all meet there at Riverplace where the show is being held and cruise out to Murrys together. Then after dinner cruise into downtown Fernandina. Also, I know the Mustang Club has planned a cruise Saturday night to downtown Jacksonville to the Jacksonville Landing, for those who don't want to go downtown I have another suggestion. Callahan which is a small town about 20 minutes from Riverplace is having a 100 year anniversary night time fair. They had approched us earlier about bring some of our Mustangs out to line the streets for a old time cruise in, we told them that it was the same weekend as the show, but some people may not want to go downtown. In Callahan they will have like a small town street fair from 4 to 9 p.m. If anyone is interested in that just let me know.

Dang, there sure is a lot of good stuff coming up... Wish I could be at Sebring too.. Sam, you and Daphne are doing a great job putting this weekend together for the Shelby team. Thanks. John ( JSA427 ) should be leaving his Super Snake behind this year and should have his new Boss LS for Sebring. That wild looking Boss with him driving should be a sight. BTW.. Did you ever get the Devil Bunny on the car???? happy%20feet.gif

Dang, there sure is a lot of good stuff coming up... Wish I could be at Sebring too.. Sam, you and Daphne are doing a great job putting this weekend together for the Shelby team. Thanks. John ( JSA427 ) should be leaving his Super Snake behind this year and should have his new Boss LS for Sebring. That wild looking Boss with him driving should be a sight. BTW.. Did you ever get the Devil Bunny on the car???? happy%20feet.gif

Magnetically speaking - the Bunny's on!

Sam

• 1 month later...

Bump to keep this in the forefront!

Remember folks, if you're coming to the show and want to get together at Murray's on Friday eve, (with a small cruise afterward) and or the Callahan Centennial celebration on Saturday eve, (we were invited!), let me or Daphne know so we can keep a running head count!

Thanks!

Sam

Archived