TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$109,084 for a GT350

That car is a bolt on car just like a Roush just like a Steeda just like a Saleen at the end its just a modified GT mustang and most of the parts were made by the same companies that Roush, Steeda, Saleen use. For the amount of money you all spent I could have bought two 2011 or 2012 GT500's fully loaded. Have you tried against a modified 2011 GT500 full suspension blower ect.. This is my opinion you all can have yours. I think the GT350 is a sweet car and its not riced out at all but personally think the car is way over priced.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That car is a bolt on car just like a Roush just like a Steeda just like a Saleen at the end its just a modified GT mustang and most of the parts were made by the same companies that Roush, Steeda, Saleen use. For the amount of money you all spent I could have bought two 2011 or 2012 GT500's fully loaded. Have you tried against a modified 2011 GT500 full suspension blower ect.. This is my opinion you all can have yours. I think the GT350 is a sweet car and its not riced out at all but personally think the car is way over priced.

This will be mine then.....(opinion, that is)

These few 'lucky' gentlemen that now own and will be owners soon of the arguably last SHELBY graced by the hands of SAI, and not completely assembled on a line in FlatRock, are paying for just that!! At the end of the day, or (production quite literally), there has to be a premium paid for a car that is built in a Carroll Shelby facility in a TRULY limited number....maybe , what, 200 this year?

We can all speculate about values, here and there, but c'mon....200 cars? That kick A$$, according to their owners? The correct heritage color? As the first cars were unveiled in '65, the public was unsure what they were all about, and Carroll's legacy was anew. So to speak. Today, everyone knows who, what, and why these cars are so special...only difference today, perhaps, is not only the economic meltdown, but much more choice for your '$'. If this GT350 would have come out in 2005 when the retro Mustang first hit the streets and the economy was crazy, there'd be alot more of these in guys driveways than the boats and Harleys they were 'second mortgaging' for! I gaurantee ya! :salute:

So, I say...don't hate these guys for their cars, and what THEY decided the car is worth to them. Remember, as you shop for the 96" screen Toshiba, there will be some Shelby owners, (like me), that think that is just crazy too. But, I will never criticize you for wanting to see a pimple on the quarterback's face on gameday. Everyone's got their thing!

JMHO

I dont hate these guys heck I spent a pretty penny of my money on what I have and the military doesnt pay much for me to afford the stuff I have. I personaly think they are overpriced cars and people are allowing it to happen. Like when 07 GT500's were released eveyone went crazy paid big money for that car. It's just my .02. Im hoping to come home from Iraq soon and maybe we all can meet up and cruise sometime been dying to drive my car. :)

Aaron, that amuses me. Thats like walking up to Michael Jordan and saying, yeah, but your shoes look funny, and I thought you would be taller than that in real life.

You know, I could critique your post as being a hater, but I think I would rather point one thing out that just maybe you might be overlooking- The "purist" in you may possibly be focusing on what the original GT350 consisted of, when perhaps instead you should be focusing on what was BEHIND the design of the car in the first place. Those cars were conceived to compete and dominate the other cars built to run its class. Today, you cant take that same design and expect to compete much less dominate. The 65-66 GT350 held up to any other Shelby of the era, and any other manufacture of its class. But can it compete with a 900HP supersnake? Or what will be 1000HP supersnake coming soon from SA? I know the answer. You do too. Do you want a diecast or a racecar? If you want a copy of what was already done, buy a 65' and call it a day. If you want to compete, and keep up with the rest of the cars of today, start thinking about "for what purpose" the car was built, and look at the new GT350 from that point of view.

I passed 5 or 6 original GT350s like they were stopped or going backwards last weekend. I had stock street tires, no rear brake upgrade, no Fays watts link, didnt adjust my camber, and drove it straight from the hotel onto the track on 91 octane, and drank coffee and listened to music on the way in comfort. The car passed every other car out there except for 2 race cars, set up with racing slicks, gutted interiors and not at all street legal. AND I still only lost 1-2 seconds on a 2:04 minute track time per lap to them. If I wasnt lazy and decided to buy track tires, they would have been all mine too.

So, if you want to call my car a ricer, so be it. You can yell it at me, but I probably wont hear you so far ahead and over my beautiful sounding exhaust.

And for the other guy that thinks Im crazy for spending 75k on my car- Its cheaper than supersnake, so they are crazy too, and if you watch HDNet starting in March, you will see just how this car performs against Ferraris, Lambos, and many others on the same track, and we will see what you call me and what you think of the car THEN. Other than my nice little spinout, I challenge anyone that was out there last week to find something negative to say about that car. Like it or not, this is the flagship of Shelby's designs, one they can be proud of, and the best performing mustang ever built.:salute:

Well said Warren and you have official made me really mad that I did not not jump on the 45th anniversary addition GT350 when I had the chance. Thanks for nothing !! :hysterical:

Scotty. :salute:

If you can buy TWO GT500s for 75k, then by all means do that! And then give me the dealer's phone number. A GT500 is 55k with the SVTPP. You might get one for 50k I guess if you scower the earth. But you arent getting one for 37,500, even if your name is Ford!

As far as the modded GT500s, yeah, not one GT500 could keep up or pass the 350. I even had them in the straights. The Shelby GTSC's couldnt keep up either. No car could. I was hoping to see a Ford GT out there, but none came this year.

GT500- MSRP 55K Supersnake package another 30k Total Price- no less than 83k

A supersnake does 0-60 in 4.4 seconds.

My car with painted stripes and museum delivery cost me 75K out the door TTL

The 624HP GT350 does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.

Thats 8k less for a car that is THAT much quicker! Yeah, Im crazy. Crazy like a fox!happy%20feet.gif

I HAD a GT500. It was modded and had 650HP, so I know what Im talking about here. Out on a highway, a GT500 is a great car, and the top speed surely will beat a GT350. But when will we be driving at 190+ competitively? Dont get me wrong, they are all great cars, but if you want the best, numbers dont lie.

You Obviously havent driven in a 2011 GT500.The 2011 GT500 is a totally different car I drove my friends before he modded the hell out of it and I can tell you all one thing think what you want there is no way that a GT350 is going to beat a car like that at the stripe or track period. So you buy one for 50k Fully loaded and yes I can get it for that price add bolt ons 15k. 65k for a car you can do more to or get a GT

Sorry the internet here stinks Im just voicing my opinion I still love the Shelbys I just cant justify spending that kind of money for a GT mustang.

You Obviously havent driven in a 2011 GT500.The 2011 GT500 is a totally different car I drove my friends before he modded the hell out of it and I can tell you all one thing think what you want there is no way that a GT350 is going to beat a car like that at the stripe or track period. So you buy one for 50k Fully loaded and yes I can get it for that price add bolt ons 15k. 65k for a car you can do more to or get a GT and have limits

I dont hate these guys heck I spent a pretty penny of my money on what I have and the military doesnt pay much for me to afford the stuff I have. I personaly think they are overpriced cars and people are allowing it to happen. Like when 07 GT500's were released eveyone went crazy paid big money for that car. It's just my .02. Im hoping to come home from Iraq soon and maybe we all can meet up and cruise sometime been dying to drive my car. :)

blown....I would dig that actually!!!! You got it.

Chris

And for the other guy that thinks Im crazy for spending 75k on my car- Its cheaper than supersnake, so they are crazy too

:slapfight: Hey now...........I'd watch those remarks Dubbs. I don't want Marji finding out I'm crazy for spending over 75k for the SS. :hysterical:

Your GT350 is fantastic Warren. It was a blast to see her on the track.

If you can buy TWO GT500s for 75k, then by all means do that! And then give me the dealer's phone number. A GT500 is 55k with the SVTPP. You might get one for 50k I guess if you scower the earth. But you arent getting one for 37,500, even if your name is Ford!

As far as the modded GT500s, yeah, not one GT500 could keep up or pass the 350. I even had them in the straights. The Shelby GTSC's couldnt keep up either. No car could. I was hoping to see a Ford GT out there, but none came this year.

GT500- MSRP 55K Supersnake package another 30k Total Price- no less than 83k

A supersnake does 0-60 in 4.4 seconds.

My car with painted stripes and museum delivery cost me 75K out the door TTL

The 624HP GT350 does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.

Thats 8k less for a car that is THAT much quicker! Yeah, Im crazy. Crazy like a fox!happy%20feet.gif

I HAD a GT500. It was modded and had 650HP, so I know what Im talking about here. Out on a highway, a GT500 is a great car, and the top speed surely will beat a GT350. But when will we be driving at 190+ competitively? Dont get me wrong, they are all great cars, but if you want the best, numbers dont lie.

As far as the modded GT500s, yeah, not one GT500 could keep up or pass the 350

I guess Van didn't make the Bash this year?

As far as the modded GT500s, yeah, not one GT500 could keep up or pass the 350

I guess Van didn't make the Bash this year?

Guess I should have brought my heavily modded SS to the Bash................. passing would have happened with her. But with all fairness, she has been modified way past a stock supersnake with Griggs GR40TT, long tubes, pulleys, spec clutch, race tune, Hoosier R6's......the list goes on.

Blown,

I haven't driven a 2011 500, heck I haven't driven any 500! I still haven't driven a GT350, although I've paid for most of one. I've driven an SGT that I owned and loved. I've been in some friends Shelby's and enjoyed them as well. See, I'm not going to race the GT350, although I'll probably get a little crazy from time to time. I'm getting it because I like it and I've worked hard to be able to buy it. So to me, it doesn't matter what the cost is in comparison to other Shelby's, or other cars for that matter. I want that car so I'm getting it. I'm guessing that was somewhat of a motivation for you getting the 500. No???

So all of the comments that look to belittle the buyers of the GT350 because of cost are missing the point. They can use disparaging terms like RICER and compare the GT350 to other cars all day long but in the final analysis, we're buying the car because we want it, and we can. That's all. Doesn't matter what it costs, if it did, we wouldn't buy it. For most of us it's not our first Shelby nor is it our first toy...probably won't be the last. Just the current one.

Hope that makes sense.

On the other hand I want to express my sincere thanks to you on behalf of the entire Team Shelby and the country for allowing us the freedom to do the foolish things we do and then to be able to argue about in an open forum. You have my utmost respect and admiration :salute: . I'd be honored to cruise anywhere with you when you get home!!!

Stay safe,

John

Blown. 1st, thank you for your service to all of us who love our freedom :salute:

2nd, I am another one of the crazy dudes that have purchased the "ricer" GT350. When you come back to the states, I would love for you to stop by and see my car in person - after repairs of course - take a listen and take her out thru Amish country for a spin. I cannot discuss her attributes on the track but will be able to comment after the Pocono raceway event in May. I can however state from experience that after 3200 miles on the car in 1 month (yeah baby) that the car is that good. Is it worth the coin? I say emphatically yes! Was I sure when I plunked down my deposit? No. As a long time German car enthusiast with hundreds of days on road courses throughout the east coast, this car has the tight handling and extreme power that would make many P-car, bimmer and Audi buddies a bit sad. See it, hear it and drive it and maybe your opinion may change a bit.

Be safe.

I went to the annual this year...walked in...signed the sign in sheet to check it out, and turned the corner and saw the crowd sitting in there. I was frankly intimidated...felt like a dork, as we were just surfing the joint to see what was up. So we left. Then frankly, I felt like a BIGGER dork driving away past the window in that cafeteria, or whatever it was there!!! Lol! There was a '10 white /grabber striped coupe there, which I parked next to, and the guys probably wondered why I drove off?

You know, my wife's office was Church and Dwight there along the 410, in that industrial park. It's Arm & Hammer headquarters. She was off of Kennedy there...right behind the Grangers.

We lived at Ford and Lakeshore right in the shadow of the Ford plant, actually. I took this pic. in front of the Little League field behind the Ford Plant. I thought it would be cool to have the Ford logo in the background! :)

We went to the Boston Pizza get together a couple of times there on Dorval and the Queen E. Even went to the Canadian Tire show on a Sat. evening on the 427, to no avail that night. No-one showed really. :(

I know exactly where that is..:)..

I've been to the Dorval event with several other TS members....I had the CS6 and the GT-500 there this summer with my Son and this year i think I'll take both to Woodward......

I keep my boat at port Credit Harbour Marina and we cruise there and to Hamilton and back all summer...

Blown. 1st, thank you for your service to all of us who love our freedom :salute:

2nd, I am another one of the crazy dudes that have purchased the "ricer" GT350. When you come back to the states, I would love for you to stop by and see my car in person - after repairs of course - take a listen and take her out thru Amish country for a spin. I cannot discuss her attributes on the track but will be able to comment after the Pocono raceway event in May. I can however state from experience that after 3200 miles on the car in 1 month (yeah baby) that the car is that good. Is it worth the coin? I say emphatically yes! Was I sure when I plunked down my deposit? No. As a long time German car enthusiast with hundreds of days on road courses throughout the east coast, this car has the tight handling and extreme power that would make many P-car, bimmer and Audi buddies a bit sad. See it, hear it and drive it and maybe your opinion may change a bit.

Be safe.

Thanks guys I appreciate it missing home and the Shelby I havent driven it in a long time has only 2500 miles on her. I understand what you all are saying I guess to each is own I know its a great car and I loved mustangs most of my life it just kills me how high the price of these cars are I remember a 93 fox was 15k back in the days. I did all the work on my car maybe thats why the cost for me wasnt as high. I would love to meet you all some day and definitly go crusin. Tony most of the guys here read the posts about your accident and really feel bad for you and your car but are happy your ok. I hope all is well and you get to have that beast back on the road. Thanks to all for your support and understanding From all of us at Camp Slayer Baghdad Iraq :salute:

I know exactly where that is..:)..

I've been to the Dorval event with several other TS members....I had the CS6 and the GT-500 there this summer with my Son and this year i think I'll take both to Woodward......

I keep my boat at port Credit Harbour Marina and we cruise there and to Hamilton and back all summer...

Funny, we passed sooooo close man! Your CS6 is a vert. right? I saw it there at Boston Pizza this summer. People have no clue what that bad boy is. My wife even asked me , "This is a fake SHELBY, right?" Hahahahahaha. No offense dude. She's a chick!! Lol.

Wow, Port Credit, eh? We used to go to the PumpHouse Grille all the time!! We loved Grant and Doris, the bartenders! Near the end of our stay in CN, we started going to the PumpPatio too. We really enjoyed the atmosphere at the Port Credit Pump better though. The Pump Patio is in Clarkson, right?

Sorry we never met. Maybe someday....

Chris Hall

Aaron, that amuses me. Thats like walking up to Michael Jordan and saying, yeah, but your shoes look funny, and I thought you would be taller than that in real life.

You know, I could critique your post as being a hater, but I think I would rather point one thing out that just maybe you might be overlooking- The "purist" in you may possibly be focusing on what the original GT350 consisted of, when perhaps instead you should be focusing on what was BEHIND the design of the car in the first place. Those cars were conceived to compete and dominate the other cars built to run its class. Today, you cant take that same design and expect to compete much less dominate. The 65-66 GT350 held up to any other Shelby of the era, and any other manufacture of its class. But can it compete with a 900HP supersnake? Or what will be 1000HP supersnake coming soon from SA? I know the answer. You do too. Do you want a diecast or a racecar? If you want a copy of what was already done, buy a 65' and call it a day. If you want to compete, and keep up with the rest of the cars of today, start thinking about "for what purpose" the car was built, and look at the new GT350 from that point of view.

I passed 5 or 6 original GT350s like they were stopped or going backwards last weekend. I had stock street tires, no rear brake upgrade, no Fays watts link, didnt adjust my camber, and drove it straight from the hotel onto the track on 91 octane, and drank coffee and listened to music on the way in comfort. The car passed every other car out there except for 2 race cars, set up with racing slicks, gutted interiors and not at all street legal. AND I still only lost 1-2 seconds on a 2:04 minute track time per lap to them. If I wasnt lazy and decided to buy track tires, they would have been all mine too.

So, if you want to call my car a ricer, so be it. You can yell it at me, but I probably wont hear you so far ahead and over my beautiful sounding exhaust.

And for the other guy that thinks Im crazy for spending 75k on my car- Its cheaper than supersnake, so they are crazy too, and if you watch HDNet starting in March, you will see just how this car performs against Ferraris, Lambos, and many others on the same track, and we will see what you call me and what you think of the car THEN. Other than my nice little spinout, I challenge anyone that was out there last week to find something negative to say about that car. Like it or not, this is the flagship of Shelby's designs, one they can be proud of, and the best performing mustang ever built.:salute:

Funny I never cared much for Air Jordan shoes Eiter! LOL. I never said the car did not perform well, I said it looked like a Ricer, which to about 99.9% of the mustang Community I talk to tend to agree, the 120 or so that bought the GT 350 are the .1%. And i seriously doubt your 350 would leave my KR, I also know when I had my 66 350 at SAAC-31 at VIR it held it's own, It is not so much the car but the ability of the Driver.

You are comparing appels to oranges when you compare a 66 Versus a 2011, And givin the Sticker Price of your car, 75K and up, Which by the way is about the same Price as the SS right now. The 66 350 sold new for aroun 4K depending on when you bought one. All I am saying is the car doesn't appeal to many Mustang/Shelby Purist. That is why not many where sold.

And as for the 350 being the Best Performing Mustang ever Built, we will see once the Production Laguna Secca Boss hits the Tracks, I am quite sure it will handle anything your 350 can throw at it, And it is actually a production Mustang unlike the 350. I never said it didn't Perform well Just not my liking in the Looks Department, I Like my 08KR anyday over the 350, and I am sure in a year or so, their will be some 40K 350's forsale.

Please feel free to bash on me, I have a very hard shell, It's people that get offended when I post my opinion that make me Laugh.

Funny I never cared much for Air Jordan shoes Eiter! LOL. I never said the car did not perform well, I said it looked like a Ricer, which to about 99.9% of the mustang Community I talk to tend to agree, the 120 or so that bought the GT 350 are the .1%. And i seriously doubt your 350 would leave my KR, I also know when I had my 66 350 at SAAC-31 at VIR it held it's own, It is not so much the car but the ability of the Driver.

You are comparing appels to oranges when you compare a 66 Versus a 2011, And givin the Sticker Price of your car, 75K and up, Which by the way is about the same Price as the SS right now. The 66 350 sold new for aroun 4K depending on when you bought one. All I am saying is the car doesn't appeal to many Mustang/Shelby Purist. That is why not many where sold.

And as for the 350 being the Best Performing Mustang ever Built, we will see once the Production Laguna Secca Boss hits the Tracks, I am quite sure it will handle anything your 350 can throw at it, And it is actually a production Mustang unlike the 350. I never said it didn't Perform well Just not my liking in the Looks Department, I Like my 08KR anyday over the 350, and I am sure in a year or so, their will be some 40K 350's forsale.

Please feel free to bash on me, I have a very hard shell, It's people that get offended when I post my opinion that make me Laugh.

No bashing, I mean you are supposing because you have never seen one perform. A KR? Not a chance. The GT500s just arent suited for road course driving. Even the Supersnakes couldnt come close. Now if you want to compare top end driving, Im sure the 350 would fall short. Im not knocking ANY other Shelby here, Im just defending your knocks on the 350. I hear it ALL THE TIME, "Wow, thats nothing like the pictures". ALL THE TIME. The BOSS LS will be a great NA track car, but again, it doesnt have a single thing my 350 doesnt already have performance wise, and I got 40% more power. I will wipe the track with a BOSS, no problem. As far as the vintage GT350s, we had 6 at the bash, including GT350 Rs, not clones either, and my car passed them all, and would have lapped them in another lap. If you compare a NA GT350 to a BOSS LS, I think you are probably right, I wont deny that. But Im putting 537RWHP on the track, and few cars out there can say that without a 5.4 block. There were KRs out there, there were Supersnakes out there, there were Terlinguas out there too. I experienced what the car can do, Im not supposing. Sure, the driver has very much to do with it, but when you are talking about the better drivers out there, you still are talking 10ths of seconds in time difference driving the same car, and against great drivers I know in GT500SS's, we are talking 7-10 seconds difference off a 2 minute lap time. Think about this, a 725HP Supersnake is rated 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Im almost a FULL second quicker. Also, a 4k car in 1965 was a LOT of money for a car back then. Sure, the 350 is pricey now by any standard compared to a mustang, but if you compare it to Ferraris or Lamborghinis or other near supercar prices, it is a bargain and quicker on the track. Watch the HD Theater's upcoming program on Carroll Shelby. It is a 4 part mini series that will show what the GT350 is capable of. I know you love your KR, great, good for you, but I dont dog YOUR car for having a completely unnecessary hood and splitter that does nothing for the car except make it impossible to fix, and while you got a great deal on it Im sure, I dont see you faulting other KR owners if they spent 100k on THEIR cars. Dont dog mine because I spent 75k on it. I bet you wouldnt have a single bad thing to say if someone walked up to you and tried to buy yours for 120k. I dont see Aaron going "120k for a mustang?!! You must be crazy, no way!" Besides, ask GT500 owners what they put INTO their cars money wise, and I bet 75k turnkey out the door isnt such a bad deal after all. I easily put 75k in my GT500, and it wouldnt have come close to my GT350 if I put another 10k into it. Now, full griggs suspension, track tires, race clutch and rear brakes, and sure, you have a GT500 that cost you 75k, and would only be a couple seconds off my car's time, but you arent going to take pleasure cruises in it, and I guarantee you it wont drive on the street as friendly as my car does, and I dont have track tires, or rear brakes, or a full on adjustable race suspension. Thats what shine about this build, and maybe you just arent capable of understanding it, but it is what it is. The KR was never designed for tracking, and the GT350 was built with the track in mind. What does your KR do on the 1/4 mile? 12.8, maybe 12.3 with some mods? Shave another second off and come race me.

A 40k GT350, huh? I cant wait to revisit this topic in one year. And just for the record, you like the Laguna Seca looks wise over the 350? :headscratch: Well, I think that just says it all right there. (Except the one off Grabber Blue LS that sold Saturday, that one looked killer)

Dubbs, what did I say about kicking rattlesnakes?

Aim for the head?:hysterical: Besides, that one is all rattle, no fangs.

:hysterical3: :bag:

No bashing, I mean you are supposing because you have never seen one perform. A KR? Not a chance. The GT500s just arent suited for road course driving. Even the Supersnakes couldnt come close. Now if you want to compare top end driving, Im sure the 350 would fall short. Im not knocking ANY other Shelby here, Im just defending your knocks on the 350. I hear it ALL THE TIME, "Wow, thats nothing like the pictures". ALL THE TIME. The BOSS LS will be a great NA track car, but again, it doesnt have a single thing my 350 doesnt already have performance wise, and I got 40% more power. I will wipe the track with a BOSS, no problem. As far as the vintage GT350s, we had 6 at the bash, including GT350 Rs, not clones either, and my car passed them all, and would have lapped them in another lap. If you compare a NA GT350 to a BOSS LS, I think you are probably right, I wont deny that. But Im putting 537RWHP on the track, and few cars out there can say that without a 5.4 block. There were KRs out there, there were Supersnakes out there, there were Terlinguas out there too. I experienced what the car can do, Im not supposing. Sure, the driver has very much to do with it, but when you are talking about the better drivers out there, you still are talking 10ths of seconds in time difference driving the same car, and against great drivers I know in GT500SS's, we are talking 7-10 seconds difference off a 2 minute lap time. Think about this, a 725HP Supersnake is rated 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Im almost a FULL second quicker. Also, a 4k car in 1965 was a LOT of money for a car back then. Sure, the 350 is pricey now by any standard compared to a mustang, but if you compare it to Ferraris or Lamborghinis or other near supercar prices, it is a bargain and quicker on the track. Watch the HD Theater's upcoming program on Carroll Shelby. It is a 4 part mini series that will show what the GT350 is capable of. I know you love your KR, great, good for you, but I dont dog YOUR car for having a completely unnecessary hood and splitter that does nothing for the car except make it impossible to fix, and while you got a great deal on it Im sure, I dont see you faulting other KR owners if they spent 100k on THEIR cars. Dont dog mine because I spent 75k on it. I bet you wouldnt have a single bad thing to say if someone walked up to you and tried to buy yours for 120k. I dont see Aaron going "120k for a mustang?!! You must be crazy, no way!" Besides, ask GT500 owners what they put INTO their cars money wise, and I bet 75k turnkey out the door isnt such a bad deal after all. I easily put 75k in my GT500, and it wouldnt have come close to my GT350 if I put another 10k into it. Now, full griggs suspension, track tires, race clutch and rear brakes, and sure, you have a GT500 that cost you 75k, and would only be a couple seconds off my car's time, but you arent going to take pleasure cruises in it, and I guarantee you it wont drive on the street as friendly as my car does, and I dont have track tires, or rear brakes, or a full on adjustable race suspension. Thats what shine about this build, and maybe you just arent capable of understanding it, but it is what it is. The KR was never designed for tracking, and the GT350 was built with the track in mind. What does your KR do on the 1/4 mile? 12.8, maybe 12.3 with some mods? Shave another second off and come race me.

A 40k GT350, huh? I cant wait to revisit this topic in one year. And just for the record, you like the Laguna Seca looks wise over the 350? :headscratch: Well, I think that just says it all right there. (Except the one off Grabber Blue LS that sold Saturday, that one looked killer)

I'LL RACE YOU ANYTIME :slapfight: ..............if you run 45 psi again. :hysterical::hysterical:

Just funnin with ya Warren, your GT350 is a great car and I really enjoyed seeing her at the Bash.

OUCH! I just laughed tea up through my nose!!:hysterical::hysterical:

Yeah, what a knuckle headed move. I checked the pressure before I loaded it on the trailer, but not that morning...Im lucky nothing bad happened to me or the car or someone out there with me. Really, its almost not funny, almost. More is almost always better....just not when it comes to tire pressure!:doh:

OUCH! I just laughed tea up through my nose!!:hysterical::hysterical:

Yeah, what a knuckle headed move. I checked the pressure before I loaded it on the trailer, but not that morning...Im lucky nothing bad happened to me or the car or someone out there with me. Really, its almost not funny, almost. More is almost always better....just not when it comes to tire pressure!:doh:

:hysterical2:

Almost as funny as tea in your nose...........now that's funny.

I know I learned a good track lesson..............check tire pressure before every run........thanks Dubbs. :salute:

Seems someone can't take opinions well at all, maybe you need to change your daily Diet! First off let me say if you put 75K in your GT 500 and it Didn't handle well at all, exactly what did you do to it? Cause that is one Pricey Blower, LOL. And Trust me, I bashed plenty at those who Paid 20K 30K and even 60K over sticker for a 08KR when they came out. And I will say it again, it is all about what is hot at the moment. Right now, I think the only people who Know about the GT 350 is people on this board and some that watch Speed TV.

If you look at the car, it looks like a Cross between, well you can use your own Imagination, and For the Record, the KR hood, is a True Functional Ram-Air Hood, So get your facts Straight, don't hate cause your car has a NON Function 2002 SS Camaro Hood. I feel for you man, I'd be Pissed if mine had a GM Design Hood Scoop on it, hell didn't the old 79-81 Z28 Have the same hood, And Don't get me going on the Cheezy Cavalier Z24 Side Skirts they threw on it, The only thing you can say is My Chin Spoiler has No Functions, oh Well at least it Look HOTT.

If Someone came up to me and Offered me $120K for my KR, I'd sell it! hell ya, then Go by another one, If you can make a Profit off anything that is alwasy good, But for the few people that can buy a 350, I am sure they will wait a few years Like I did. The Guy who Bought my KR new, Paid 90K for it, Lets just say he lost his ass! Like most the People who Bough them New in 08.

Now for your Big Fast Ferrari Out Running 350, Please Post up some Video's I'd like to see it out run a Track Prepped Z06! Needless to say, You will have you're ass handed to you by that car. The GT 350, just does not have the Power to weigh ratio to pull the Z06. Now My SGT has very good track times, Handels better than most, and was only 39K new, Now that being said, you paid 75K plus, for a Mustang GT with some GFX and a Blower on it. None of the parts on your car are Special, they are all off the shelf bolt on parts you can put on any GT! At lest the KR, has some Unique KR Specific Parts, they may not be the best Looking, (wheels) but yet are only avalibale on a KR.

Again, My KR, should be at lest a 11.80 car in the Quarter Have not ran it yet, My 2nd GT 500, Put down almost 600RWP and was Running 11.29 at 127 with DR's only mods where Pulley, CAI and a Tune. Hell most 500's with a new Blower put down Close to 800! Now take that to your Little 500 Somethig, and 75K plus Money. I am not new too the car market, and I havent seen any 350's making that kind of power at the wheels, I'd like to see a Dyno sheet. Again, not trying to offend, all in Good Humor, and if I make the Bash, I'd be Happy to line them up at the Drag Strip, U Better pack a lunch!

As for the Boss 302, Yes I think the Silver and Red car is a Much Better Looking car than the 350! Hands Down, hell post it on any Board in the Country you will see which one comes out on top. I have seen a 350 in Person, and to me, it looks Just as BAD! YOu can't fix Ugly! From the Wheels to what ever Fiberglass part they put on it. I do Like the Motor, and the Interrior, the rest should, well just fall off the car!

Sorry guys, Hate me if you want, but I'm Holding my Ground on this one!

post-4794-0-77415000-1295991362_thumb.jpg

post-4794-0-77415000-1295991362_thumb.jpg

Archived