TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$109,084 for a GT350

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing in the description about it being a Shelby? 412 hp? This guy's a Ford dealer?

Yeah, it's crazy. On one hand they know what they have. The price is stiff. On the other, they offer up the 412hp... on a stocker motor, not even the NA Shelby car hp! Then their photo shows a Supercharger. :headscratch:

Ford dealer??? I could see this from a Chevy store, but a Ford store oughta know what and why they acquired this car! :banghead:

Yeah, it's crazy. On one hand they know what they have. The price is stiff. On the other, they offer up the 412hp... on a stocker motor, not even the NA Shelby car hp! Then their photo shows a Supercharger. :headscratch:

Ford dealer??? I could see this from a Chevy store, but a Ford store oughta know what and why they acquired this car! :banghead:

One would think they would know their product Unless they are on some think .

Yeah, these guys have no idea what theyre selling...

First the car is the Supercharged 5.0, and its got way more than 412 (even the N/A GT350 is at 440hp)

Second, they should show the window sticker that states which Shelby options (over and above the package price). It definitely has the big brakes front and rear, which adds $3K, "maybe: it has the cooling package, or the painted stripes, but definitely not the interior upgrade package. Even if it was FULL BOAT LOADED it would only be around $80K...

SO, theyre lookin for a $30K ADM - GOOD FRIGGIN LUCK FOLKS.

Im sorry Guys for 80K PLUS! you can Keep all of them! Just my opinion. Once the 2012 350's start being built, the 11's will be just like the 08KR's. Sell for 120K new then sell for 45 to 50K 2 years later. I have better things to waste my money on that a Riced up 350!.

I know you guys think I hate the 350 and you may be right. But I just don't see 80K plus in this car! No matter how you try to sell it to me.

Im ready for my Beat down Now! LOL

Im sorry Guys for 80K PLUS! you can Keep all of them! Just my opinion. Once the 2012 350's start being built, the 11's will be just like the 08KR's. Sell for 120K new then sell for 45 to 50K 2 years later. I have better things to waste my money on that a Riced up 350!.

I know you guys think I hate the 350 and you may be right. But I just don't see 80K plus in this car! No matter how you try to sell it to me.

Im ready for my Beat down Now! LOL

O U C H!!!! :blackeye:

Dude, you aren't makin' any friends here today. Wow! :shrug:

O U C H!!!! :blackeye:

Dude, you aren't makin' any friends here today. Wow! :shrug:

Sometimes the Truth Hurts! Look at all the Guys who paid 120K plus for KR's I would tell you what I paid for mine, but like you said, Im not making any Friends today! LOL.

At the End of the day, the 350, is a Riced out GT! Sorry, I can't help it, it the Purist in me that wanted a Bare Bonse Kick ass 350! I am sure their are plenty of people who feel the same. If I can express my OP, whats the point of having a website dedicated to theses cars!.

I've had a 66 GT 350, 2 07 GT 500's, 1 SGT and Now an 08KR. I love my KR, and wouldn't Trade it even for an 11 350!

It's a stocker, no blower either. :finger:

Actually guys, the car is real. This is me durring Christmas time getting my picture taken with the car, at night, when the dealership was closed. A security guard let me have an up close experience. It is at Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, CA. It does have the SC and it looks just soooo awsome in person. I wish I could buy one!

post-28087-0-15234200-1295063210_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-54659400-1295063231_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-15980500-1295063259_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-49744100-1295063292_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-23221100-1295063313_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-33535600-1295063325_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-85547700-1295063339_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-15234200-1295063210_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-54659400-1295063231_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-15980500-1295063259_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-49744100-1295063292_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-23221100-1295063313_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-33535600-1295063325_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-85547700-1295063339_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the Truth Hurts! Look at all the Guys who paid 120K plus for KR's I would tell you what I paid for mine, but like you said, Im not making any Friends today! LOL.

At the End of the day, the 350, is a Riced out GT! Sorry, I can't help it, it the Purist in me that wanted a Bare Bonse Kick ass 350! I am sure their are plenty of people who feel the same. If I can express my OP, whats the point of having a website dedicated to theses cars!.

I've had a 66 GT 350, 2 07 GT 500's, 1 SGT and Now an 08KR. I love my KR, and wouldn't Trade it even for an 11 350!

80 to 100k for a GT mustang? whoever buys a GT mustang for that kind of price is crazy.

I have no quarrels with anyone who calls me crazy. In fact I would not even try to financially justify the purchase. I have picked up a lot of things in my life that make no sense, as I just call it "stupid money". To me, it is only a mistake if I am one day forced to sell it, especially at a huge loss. Unfortunately, many will fall into this situation I know. When I purchased my '07 GT500 with an ADM, it went against everything I was taught. When I ordered my GT350, I knew once again I was paying more "stupid money". With two boys, I think it cool to know they will each have something held special by dad.

Crazy as you say is a very subjective term. Some would say anything more than a Smart Car is crazy, as a car is only a mode of transportation. If I waited to feel good about every purchase I made in life, I would have a bank full of money, no wife, no kids and still driving my college beater '76 Plymouth Duster.

I have no quarrels with anyone who calls me crazy. In fact I would not even try to financially justify the purchase. I have picked up a lot of things in my life that make no sense, as I just call it "stupid money". To me, it is only a mistake if I am one day forced to sell it, especially at a huge loss. Unfortunately, many will fall into this situation I know. When I purchased my '07 GT500 with an ADM, it went against everything I was taught. When I ordered my GT350, I knew once again I was paying more "stupid money". With two boys, I think it cool to know they will each have something held special by dad.

Crazy as you say is a very subjective term. Some would say anything more than a Smart Car is crazy, as a car is only a mode of transportation. If I waited to feel good about every purchase I made in life, I would have a bank full of money, no wife, no kids and still driving my college beater '76 Plymouth Duster.

That is so well written.

1 ++

I have about $75k in building my CS6 which I couldn't hope to recoup in 100 years but the experience and the enjoyment of the vehicle is something that you can amortize over the years you still own it.

When I bought the GT-500 I got such a great deal it actually made be feel better about the money invested in the CS6 and mentally things became a wash.

As you have stated, I too have spent buckets of money on everything from sports cards to Olympic torches as as long as you can afford it and it brings you joy, who really cares.

I could never afford some of lifes sweetest luxuries but then again even if I had the money I would never spend millions on paintings or the such it's just not my thing.

However.....If I had the chance to own a dozen of my favorite cars of all time.....regardless of cost, the hunt would start today.

1 ++

I have about $75k in building my CS6 which I couldn't hope to recoup in 100 years but the experience and the enjoyment of the vehicle is something that you can amortize over the years you still own it.

When I bought the GT-500 I got such a great deal it actually made be feel better about the money invested in the CS6 and mentally things became a wash.

As you have stated, I too have spent buckets of money on everything from sports cards to Olympic torches as as long as you can afford it and it brings you joy, who really cares.

I could never afford some of lifes sweetest luxuries but then again even if I had the money I would never spend millions on paintings or the such it's just not my thing.

However.....If I had the chance to own a dozen of my favorite cars of all time.....regardless of cost, the hunt would start today.

With the Challenger being assembled in your backyard, I'm surprised there isn't one sittin' next to your other hotrods???

btw- I miss Oakville. I loved it up there in you's guyz's country! :salute:

Cheers

With the Challenger being assembled in your backyard, I'm surprised there isn't one sittin' next to your other hotrods???

btw- I miss Oakville. I loved it up there in you's guyz's country! :salute:

Cheers

Maybe next year..lol

I'm working on a new Ecoboost F150 right now which I hope to have in a few weeks if I can get this deal finialized in my favor.

I see truck loads of Challengers heading south on Hwy 410 almost every day as I live and work in Brampton.

Oakville is a great place, I could see why you would miss it...the Greater Toronto Mustang Association and Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association hold an annual

Cross border meet there for the past couple of years at the Ford plant.

Aaron, that amuses me. Thats like walking up to Michael Jordan and saying, yeah, but your shoes look funny, and I thought you would be taller than that in real life.

You know, I could critique your post as being a hater, but I think I would rather point one thing out that just maybe you might be overlooking- The "purist" in you may possibly be focusing on what the original GT350 consisted of, when perhaps instead you should be focusing on what was BEHIND the design of the car in the first place. Those cars were conceived to compete and dominate the other cars built to run its class. Today, you cant take that same design and expect to compete much less dominate. The 65-66 GT350 held up to any other Shelby of the era, and any other manufacture of its class. But can it compete with a 900HP supersnake? Or what will be 1000HP supersnake coming soon from SA? I know the answer. You do too. Do you want a diecast or a racecar? If you want a copy of what was already done, buy a 65' and call it a day. If you want to compete, and keep up with the rest of the cars of today, start thinking about "for what purpose" the car was built, and look at the new GT350 from that point of view.

I passed 5 or 6 original GT350s like they were stopped or going backwards last weekend. I had stock street tires, no rear brake upgrade, no Fays watts link, didnt adjust my camber, and drove it straight from the hotel onto the track on 91 octane, and drank coffee and listened to music on the way in comfort. The car passed every other car out there except for 2 race cars, set up with racing slicks, gutted interiors and not at all street legal. AND I still only lost 1-2 seconds on a 2:04 minute track time per lap to them. If I wasnt lazy and decided to buy track tires, they would have been all mine too.

So, if you want to call my car a ricer, so be it. You can yell it at me, but I probably wont hear you so far ahead and over my beautiful sounding exhaust.

And for the other guy that thinks Im crazy for spending 75k on my car- Its cheaper than supersnake, so they are crazy too, and if you watch HDNet starting in March, you will see just how this car performs against Ferraris, Lambos, and many others on the same track, and we will see what you call me and what you think of the car THEN. Other than my nice little spinout, I challenge anyone that was out there last week to find something negative to say about that car. Like it or not, this is the flagship of Shelby's designs, one they can be proud of, and the best performing mustang ever built.:salute:

Maybe next year..lol

I'm working on a new Ecoboost F150 right now which I hope to have in a few weeks if I can get this deal finialized in my favor.

I see truck loads of Challengers heading south on Hwy 410 almost every day as I live and work in Brampton.

Oakville is a great place, I could see why you would miss it...the Greater Toronto Mustang Association and Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association hold an annual

Cross border meet there for the past couple of years at the Ford plant.

I went to the annual this year...walked in...signed the sign in sheet to check it out, and turned the corner and saw the crowd sitting in there. I was frankly intimidated...felt like a dork, as we were just surfing the joint to see what was up. So we left. Then frankly, I felt like a BIGGER dork driving away past the window in that cafeteria, or whatever it was there!!! Lol! There was a '10 white /grabber striped coupe there, which I parked next to, and the guys probably wondered why I drove off?

You know, my wife's office was Church and Dwight there along the 410, in that industrial park. It's Arm & Hammer headquarters. She was off of Kennedy there...right behind the Grangers.

We lived at Ford and Lakeshore right in the shadow of the Ford plant, actually. I took this pic. in front of the Little League field behind the Ford Plant. I thought it would be cool to have the Ford logo in the background! :)

We went to the Boston Pizza get together a couple of times there on Dorval and the Queen E. Even went to the Canadian Tire show on a Sat. evening on the 427, to no avail that night. No-one showed really. :(

Aaron, that amuses me. Thats like walking up to Michael Jordan and saying, yeah, but your shoes look funny, and I thought you would be taller than that in real life.

You know, I could critique your post as being a hater, but I think I would rather point one thing out that just maybe you might be overlooking- The "purist" in you may possibly be focusing on what the original GT350 consisted of, when perhaps instead you should be focusing on what was BEHIND the design of the car in the first place. Those cars were conceived to compete and dominate the other cars built to run its class. Today, you cant take that same design and expect to compete much less dominate. The 65-66 GT350 held up to any other Shelby of the era, and any other manufacture of its class. But can it compete with a 900HP supersnake? Or what will be 1000HP supersnake coming soon from SA? I know the answer. You do too. Do you want a diecast or a racecar? If you want a copy of what was already done, buy a 65' and call it a day. If you want to compete, and keep up with the rest of the cars of today, start thinking about "for what purpose" the car was built, and look at the new GT350 from that point of view.

I passed 5 or 6 original GT350s like they were stopped or going backwards last weekend. I had stock street tires, no rear brake upgrade, no Fays watts link, didnt adjust my camber, and drove it straight from the hotel onto the track on 91 octane, and drank coffee and listened to music on the way in comfort. The car passed every other car out there except for 2 race cars, set up with racing slicks, gutted interiors and not at all street legal. AND I still only lost 1-2 seconds on a 2:04 minute track time per lap to them. If I wasnt lazy and decided to buy track tires, they would have been all mine too.

So, if you want to call my car a ricer, so be it. You can yell it at me, but I probably wont hear you so far ahead and over my beautiful sounding exhaust.

And for the other guy that thinks Im crazy for spending 75k on my car- Its cheaper than supersnake, so they are crazy too, and if you watch HDNet starting in March, you will see just how this car performs against Ferraris, Lambos, and many others on the same track, and we will see what you call me and what you think of the car THEN. Other than my nice little spinout, I challenge anyone that was out there last week to find something negative to say about that car. Like it or not, this is the flagship of Shelby's designs, one they can be proud of, and the best performing mustang ever built.:salute:

:salute:

Nice...

Archived