TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbyfest 2011

RmGardner

Any one from Illinois going to Hermann MO. for Shelbyfest 2011? And where might you be staying. Rick Gardner

Don't know for sure as of now, have to discuss with. Better half. Last year,our first was WET but had a good time and met up with some nice Shelby people. The drive down was a blast meeting other cars roaring down the historic Route 66.

Don't know for sure as of now, have to discuss with. Better half. Last year,our first was WET but had a good time and met up with some nice Shelby people. The drive down was a blast meeting other cars roaring down the historic Route 66.

Ok keep in touch. Would be a first for me. Rick

We are going and staying at the hermann house inn. The owners name is Chris. It will be our third year at Shelbyfest. its a great time and just keeps getting bigger. Let me know if you book there and we can meet up.

http://www.hermann-house.com/

We are booked at the Harbor Haus. Seems places were getting full. Rick

Yup, Pretty hard to get to Missouri without going through IL

I have managed to do it :lol:. Getting to MO without going thru IL that is. But then again I am in Western WI and go down thru IA.

There are several cars that leave from WI and come down thru IL. I believe that most come down thru Rockford. We took this route our first 2 years. Was a blast driving down in a group. But last year we went down thru IA. I like the IL route better but I really like the 2.5 hours less drive time. Not to mention IL has that silly 55mph speed limit for truck/trailers which makes it harder to keep up with the cars.

This will be our 4th year going down. Despite any bad weather we always have a great time. Any of the B&B's in town are a good option to stay at. All the people we have talked to have had nothing but good things to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived