TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chrome Wheels

10SHELBY

I am looking to replace the stock wheels and tires on my 2010 GT500, with a chrome 20" set. Anyone have any photos, suggestions, pros/cons? I would appreciate any info or feelings you may have.

Rudy

2 comments--1st at my age 65 i enjoy the softer ride of the 18s, id expect the 20s will be alittle stiffer.

2nd, the 18 has more flex in the sidewall,so im not spiining tires every time i hit the gas

10Shelby, here are a couple of links to pictures of the wheels I had on my car before it was SS'd. They are from Boze Alloys in California. They're called Boze "Tachs". They make them to your specs for width, offset etc. I was very pleased with them.

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a436/Shelbyrookie/IMG_1098Small.jpg

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a436/Shelbyrookie/IMG_1096Small.jpg

Here's the link to their website: http://www.zeforged.com/tach.html

Take a look and see what you think.

Don

10Shelby, here are a couple of links to pictures of the wheels I had on my car before it was SS'd. They are from Boze Alloys in California. They're called Boze "Tachs". They make them to your specs for width, offset etc. I was very pleased with them.

http://i1035.photobu...G_1098Small.jpg

http://i1035.photobu...G_1096Small.jpg

Here's the link to their website: http://www.zeforged.com/tach.html

Take a look and see what you think.

Don

BOZE makes GORGEOUS Rims, and also check out CCW... website and TRU-Forged truforged website

If youre serious about Chrome for your baby, have them made custom with proper side, width and backspacing. Then you'll have truly unique wheels you wont see everywhere...

Just my 2 cents

GUS

2 comments--1st at my age 65 i enjoy the softer ride of the 18s, id expect the 20s will be alittle stiffer.

2nd, the 18 has more flex in the sidewall,so im not spiining tires every time i hit the gas

18" performance radials have pretty stiff sidewalls and even the 18" drag radials have very little sidewall flex. The difference in sidewall flex in take off between properly inflated 18's and 20's would be minimal if any. I've seen guys dead hook on 20" drag radials. The problem is that if you dead hook on a 18" or larger tire you do not have enough sidewall to absorb the initial shock and are more likely to break parts. That's why so many guys are now running 15" and a taller tire with a softer sidewall designed to be run at lower air pressure and take up some of the initial shock with less chance of breakage and better 60 ft times. Same with ride quality between a 18 and 20......very slight difference, and if you get a 20 with a softer compound than the 18" stock Goodyears you can actually have a nicer ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all that responded. After thinking about it and talking to 2sharpie :) , I am going to lower it first then get some new shoes. I really like the CS Super Snake wheels but need to get a 2nd job first. Thanks again!

Rudy

I agree. Cruizin Concepts has them, is there any place else I could find them? Are yours the SS version or the Shelby ones?

The Shelby 20" Alcoa wheels and the Super Snake 20" Alcoa wheels are the same thing other than the "Super Snake" machined in the lip of the rim.

Your OEM center caps will work perfectly on the Alcoa's too so you do not need to buy the CS center caps. And unless you can catch Shelby on a 15% sale when they include or have the 20" Alcoa's in stock, you can not beat Cruizin' Concepts price (for now).

I bought a set of 18" GT500KR Alcoa's for my 2010 GT500. I loved the look of the 10-spoke Alcoa wheels from the first time I saw them on a KR in the showroom but I don't "do fads" and AFAIC, 20" wheels are a fad.

So when I found the KR wheels for sale I figured I'd get the best of both worlds with 10-spoke, 18 inch wheels. I got more sidewall AND I got the Alcoa look. Personally, I wish they didn't have the GT500KR machined in the lip as that takes away from the value for MY agenda (I am NOT trying nor wanting to clone a KR)!

Too bad Shelby/Ford/Alcoa won't make 18" 10-spoke Alcoa wheels available to the GP.

Phill

The Shelby 20" Alcoa wheels and the Super Snake 20" Alcoa wheels are the same thing other than the "Super Snake" machined in the lip of the rim.

Your OEM center caps will work perfectly on the Alcoa's too so you do not need to buy the CS center caps. And unless you can catch Shelby on a 15% sale when they include or have the 20" Alcoa's in stock, you can not beat Cruizin' Concepts price (for now).

I bought a set of 18" GT500KR Alcoa's for my 2010 GT500. I loved the look of the 10-spoke Alcoa wheels from the first time I saw them on a KR in the showroom but I don't "do fads" and AFAIC, 20" wheels are a fad.

So when I found the KR wheels for sale I figured I'd get the best of both worlds with 10-spoke, 18 inch wheels. I got more sidewall AND I got the Alcoa look. Personally, I wish they didn't have the GT500KR machined in the lip as that takes away from the value for MY agenda (I am NOT trying nor wanting to clone a KR)!

Too bad Shelby/Ford/Alcoa won't make 18" 10-spoke Alcoa wheels available to the GP.

Phill

+1

I've also been looking at the Shelby CS40, 20" wheels. Anyone have these wheels on a 2010? Anyone have photos of them on anything. CC offers the Toyo and Nitto tires for them, any suggestions. I really appreciate the help. With the saving vs. the Super Snake wheels I might get the JLT 70hp upgrade.

Once again thanks! :)

Rudy

Archived