TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT500 with Recaro seat question..

cnaimo

I order a 2012 gt500 with SVTPP and electronic package in white with red stripe and was thinking a about making a change to add a recaro seat . but the dealer said that i would lose the factory red stripes?

anyone heard this or seen pic's of a 2012 recaro with factory exterior stripes??

thanks

No pictures have surfaced of the 2012 leather GT500 Recaro's.

Recaro's are 100x worth it vs not having red stripes on your seats. You can always add stripes later if you want but im sure you will be over it once you sit in the Recaro's besides you cant see the stripes once you sit in the car.

$1,200 is a steal for those sweet Recaro's and I wish I could get them for that cheap. They will probably be $1,800 each at the dealer for us guys who want to step up to leather Recaro's

Also wondering..

I'm *this* close to placing an order... wish I could see what the stripes/accents look like.. planning to do a race red w/white stripes SVTPP car.. wonder if red or white (or black) accents would look best.. Usually seems the stripes on the seats match the car stripes.. but sure would be nice to see! BTW.. dealer says if I order now, car will be ready in April..

Also wondering..

I'm *this* close to placing an order... wish I could see what the stripes/accents look like.. planning to do a race red w/white stripes SVTPP car.. wonder if red or white (or black) accents would look best.. Usually seems the stripes on the seats match the car stripes.. but sure would be nice to see! BTW.. dealer says if I order now, car will be ready in April..

I don't think the Recaros are going to have stripes.

I order a 2012 gt500 with SVTPP and electronic package in white with red stripe and was thinking a about making a change to add a recaro seat . but the dealer said that i would lose the factory red stripes?

anyone heard this or seen pic's of a 2012 recaro with factory exterior stripes??

thanks

I was curious as to the power output for the '12s. Is it still 550? It seems they'd need a slight boost in power to tackle the Z28.

I was curious as to the power output for the '12s. Is it still 550? It seems they'd need a slight boost in power to tackle the Z28.

We're a bit off topic but it's the same 550 hp for the 12 model.

There's some 12 info about this on site somewhere.

I had read a guide somewhere that labled them as "accent stripes" and others that say "accents"..

I would assume the standard would be to get the accents the same colors as the stripes over the car if there are any.. I looked through the FRPP catalog and saw the BOSS recaro seats.. they didnt seem to have any "accents" just a Ford Racing logo on them.. Maybe to play it safe I'll just get all black... I wasn't too fond of the white stripes on the SVT seats for say a 2011 SVTPP red car with white stripes.

What i'm really curious about is if the 2012 will get the 3 mode EPAS steering weight selection all the other mustangs are getting (comfort, normal, sport).. that would be awesome..

I have the Recaro SRD's in my Cobra track car and I love them. I would love the Torsen Diff and Recaro option. So now we play the waiting game. :)

If I could guess... I bet the GT500 Recaros would just have a snake or maybe some Shelby script on it.

• 1 month later...

guys and girls the seats in our 2010-2011 are great very comfortable, and look great , i dont think $ 3200 is worth a seat that does not even have power, just my opinion

The 3400.00 recaro option in the CTS-V (which I am currently obsessing about) has power adjustable thigh and side bolsters. Awesome seats! Why the Ford Recaros aren't similar for the price i don't understand.

Unless the order guide has been changed (which it may very well have been), the Recaros look as if they come in all interior accent stripes - red, white, blue, silver, and none - and they do look freaking stunning.

With the passenger seat already being inexplicably manual (the motor is probably on the same shelf with the seat heaters and backup camera), going to a manual driver's seat too isn't all that big an impact upon overall amenities, but it's no less stupid that it's necessary. With all of the feature completeness GM looks to be baking into Camaro LZ1, this will hopefully change for 2013.

Does anybody know if the 2012 Recaros will be side airbag equipped? I've compared them visually (at least from available photographs) to the Ford Racing Cloth examples from the Performance Parts catalog and they otherwise seem to be physically and structurally identical to the 2012 88Q option. Though it won't be cheap, I'd have no qualms about re-skinning them in GT500 leather from the parts desk - perhaps even the driver's side only - to keep my wife more comfortable when she drives with me.

I was reading the sourcebook provided by my local dealership this weekend, and the Recaro seats are described as "cloth". I'd be OK with this as, in my view, they not only breathe better, but they have more friction to hold you in place. Anyone have other info that says they will be leather? I'm trying to figure out whether to include them on the order for my 2012... will be placing it sometime in the next few weeks.

Sween

I was reading the sourcebook provided by my local dealership this weekend, and the Recaro seats are described as "cloth". I'd be OK with this as, in my view, they not only breathe better, but they have more friction to hold you in place. Anyone have other info that says they will be leather? I'm trying to figure out whether to include them on the order for my 2012... will be placing it sometime in the next few weeks.

Sween

Yes, the order option will be leather. If I add the Ford Racing seat afterward, I will do so by reskinning them with OE leather from the parts desk - as they seem to be of the same type.

No pictures have surfaced of the 2012 leather GT500 Recaro's.

Recaro's are 100x worth it vs not having red stripes on your seats. You can always add stripes later if you want but im sure you will be over it once you sit in the Recaro's besides you cant see the stripes once you sit in the car.

$1,200 is a steal for those sweet Recaro's and I wish I could get them for that cheap. They will probably be $1,800 each at the dealer for us guys who want to step up to leather Recaro's

Which Recaro's are you referring to?

Archived