TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FoMoCo Royaly SUCKS! Period

thanks grabber!

here is pic of my phone from Mr Nelsons call.

spoke over 5 minutes and realized i was talking to a brick wall. Told him to have a great day & would handle this another way. So here I am.

This is kind of like Todds car deal. bad until someone stepped in. This one started at top and worked its way down the ladder. Hopefully ford can see its people like mr nelson who cause people to buy cars elsewhere. I am no longer going to fight ford over this car but will say my part on how I feel. Since they said it was final decision accepted, and now its my turn.

eric nelson call

th_IMG_4352.jpg

looks like around 3hrs ago already.

It really sucks :fan: that you have to go through this, but I think you should post an email address of one of the "big-wigs" on this and other forums and ask people to send letters in support of you. You may find that Ford might change their minds if they see a couple of hundred emails from "no-longer Ford fans"!!!!! Owning a business myself, I now that would persuade me not to screw over someone. Good luck

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the type of thing that pushes me away from Ford. The GT500 is an unusual car and this, combined with sentimental value, led me to purchase the car. I'm glad I did...it's not perfect, but I really like it.

However, I doubt I will look at Ford for any other vehicle....because of this type of issue. I purchased an Expedtion that had very noticeable windnoise at the driver's door. After a lot of effort and several trips to the dealer, Ford sent a Field Service Engineer who declared that the wind noise was normal. I have to say, if I wanted a bunch of noise right at my ear, I would have purchased a 10 year old SUV...I certainly wouldn't have ponied up for a nice new one. I eventually fixed the problem after taking off the weatherstripping and modifying it.

So...different issue, similar response. After that, I stopped buying and recommending Ford. It wasn't worth the frustration when I have so many options available to me. It's amazing to me that Ford does not see the ripple effect associated with these penny-wise decisions.

Best of luck, Randy. And best of luck to Ford. Their decision here was a mistake.

iceman, I agree there are probably very few Shelby's that left plant with DA marks clearly visible. Surprised me too that fomoco said basically screw you! Its amazing he mentioned the stripes they would be happy to fix but the paint and dent in roof sorry. end of story! Attitude really sucked.

After I cool down a bit I very may well bring it to attention of attorney. Trouble is the cost involved could be way over and above what its really worth. If Ford wants to play the game I will just do it on net. When its all said and done let the people decide the coulda-shoulda-woulda.

mr nelson after the near 6 minutes made it clear it was going to end there. OK, fine I will let the world know how this was handled by fomoco.

emails and all coming soon. Once the video's hit youtube, and any others I can find then we will see what fomoco has to say.

I sent an email to mr mulally and mr fields concerning this car and do not expect to hear back. I did forward them a link to my initial post.

wish I knew how to make my own web site. :banghead:

Well - for what it's worth I'm on your side for this. We are just about to turn in the two old jeeps and get 2 more 4wd cars. I was planning on both being fords and F150 or the like for me and an Explorer or something in that area for the wife. Based on this type of treatment of good clients and the fact that my wife likes the Yukon and I like the Ram we'll just shop around a little more. X plan be damned if you don't have the security of a company standing behind their product.....it's like haveing a jeep with a safety recal since Mid Dec. that they still can't get parts to repair....actually makes me wonder about the Ram - Maybe I better go back to Toyota - loved my 4 Runner and the Tundra is getting better.

I really am shocked Ford thinks they can afford not to fix this type of issue on their self proclaimed HALO car. I normally let a lot of this stuff slide but more and more this is popping up with them and I would say if I didn't have my car already I would be turned off from getting one. I love mine but hearing this would tell me not to give them the $ and go look at the Dodge or Chevy coming out....really bad plan on their side.

BOO FORD

thanks grabber!

here is pic of my phone from Mr Nelsons call.

spoke over 5 minutes and realized i was talking to a brick wall. Told him to have a great day & would handle this another way. So here I am.

This is kind of like Todds car deal. bad until someone stepped in. This one started at top and worked its way down the ladder. Hopefully ford can see its people like mr nelson who cause people to buy cars elsewhere. I am no longer going to fight ford over this car but will say my part on how I feel. Since they said it was final decision accepted, and now its my turn.

eric nelson call

th_IMG_4352.jpg

looks like around 3hrs ago already.

I wonder what a few hunderd to a few thousand calls from ford customers angered over this might do to help TTBs situation? Maybe we could all chip in with a *disgruntled* call.

Unfortunatley this does not suprise me. I probally will not buy another ford.Ive had experiences similar in the past. I had a fleet of tow trucks that were fords.They were good trucks but because of experiences like this i CHOSE chevy for my medium duty trucks with my current business.You and i are not the only ones and the truth is,to them a few people here and there doesnt bother them BUT, in time, they will get what they have coming.People over time will put them out of business.

Under normal circumstances, i feel alot of shelby owners are a little too picky with the quality of their production cars On This occasion, I STRONLY feel its pretty sad when you can see paint issues over the internet!

TTB - I seem to remember a post a while back that said you didn't allow the dealer to do the PDI. Is that correct?

Something about you taking a job at the dealer in order to gain access to the status of your car. And then you picked up your car at the rail station and trailered it home. Then, you complained about some issues?

TTB - I seem to remember a post a while back that said you didn't allow the dealer to do the PDI. Is that correct?

Something about you taking a job at the dealer in order to gain access to the status of your car. And then you picked up your car at the rail station and trailered it home. Then, you complained about some issues?

I understand your point BUT gimmie a break,this is BAAAAAAAAAAAD

Everyone watch out!! Ruf is a Ford spy!!!!!!!! HHIIDDEE!!! :hysterical2: Who's side are you on ruf? :ohsnap:

DA stands for "Dual Action". It is a sander that is weighted that spins & swirls. Otherwise it would

just grind.

Anyway, I would say that since it is a solid color (not metallic), you should take it to a COMPETENT

body shop and let them try to wet sand & buff a section to see if it helps. It will make a difference,

they just have to make sure that they don't go through the clear coat. The clear coat and the paint

could actually fill the scratches. I would rather have that done than a repaint. I am in the Chicago

area (I don't know where you are from) and I would be happy to try it for you. I would do it with a

sponge block. It is hard to tell from photos, but the scratches could be very, very fine. We use a

DA for color sanding (wet sanding), and if you were to not buff it all the way, you would still see

DA scratches. Maybe that is what happened to yours? It got DA color sanded, & not buffed well enough?

That would be great! Either way, I think the scratches would be fine enough to come out.

Obviously, I am a Ford guy. I hate that they are doing this to you. It really disgusts me. Don't

think it is just Ford and not any other auto makers that would do this though. I have been on several

other sites like this (all Ford), for many years, and have not seen anybody treated like this before.

There are lawyers that specialize in this sort of thing. I know someone that had an issue with a 4runner.

I just looked at the pictures again. I am pretty confident that they can be buffed out. If someone came into my shop with that problem, I would be thrilled to try and help them. It wouldn't cost much either.

When done, you might have a nicer finish than the rest of us!

I just looked at the pictures again. I am pretty confident that they can be buffed out. If someone came into my shop with that problem, I would be thrilled to try and help them. It wouldn't cost much either.

When done, you might have a nicer finish than the rest of us!

That would be great news for TTB. I have a feeling he knows how to fix it himself and will most likely do so. What a drag.

This is so not right, I know he could probably do it himself and BlueOval could probably do it too, but the point is Ford should step up to the plate and do something for this guy. I was just reading another post on this site, the guy that had his tranny grenade on him with only 843 mls is getting a run around from Ford already, this just sucks for all Shelby owners with possible breakdowns in the future. Not good. :banghead:

Maybe a petition is in order. Maybe a petition sent privately first to FOMOCO upper crust and then if the response is poor, maybe a petition posted in a Business Journal would be appropriate.

I am sure we can get quite a few petition signatures here.

I don't understand how buffing the clear will improve what is below the paint?

The clear & the color fill the scratches. That's why it doesn't work with metallic colors because the scratches disturb the metallic, the metallic doesn't lay correctly and you can see it.

Think of it this way: All the materials on the cars surface (primer, sealer, paint, clear) are filling (fallen in to) the scratches. Since the color doesn't change in a non-metallic finish, you could level out the clear by wet sanding & buffing, and the scratches are filled in by all of the materials.

Maybe a petition is in order. Maybe a petition sent privately first to FOMOCO upper crust and then if the response is poor, maybe a petition posted in a Business Journal would be appropriate.

I am sure we can get quite a few petition signatures here.

Send them a link to this thread too.

Archived