TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Passenger seat rattle

Raytags

Hi!

If anyone have a problem with a rattle with the passenger side seat, let me know, and if you have a solution a this problem

Thanks! Ray

GT-Hs use totally stock Mustang interiors so if there is a recurring problem of seat rattle then the same should be happening on regular production Mustangs. You may want to ask your Ford dealer if they have heard of this problem and if there is a fix. About the only thing that can rattle on a seat is if the four seat to floor retaining bolts are loose or the seat back adjustment is not quite right. Also on the passenger seat, it is common for the shoulder harness, when not in use, to bump against the plastic interior trim creating a noise. The door rattle mentioned on another post has to do with the window adjustment and is common on many Mustangs. Hope this helps. Larry

I've definately got the seat rattle. When I bought the car I had a shop change all the fluids and asked them to take a look at the seat while they were at it. They said they tightened up the slider bar, but it didn't fix it. If I apply pressure to the seat back towards the passenger door it will stop. I don't know if that indicates a problem with the seat back, or if the pressure is tightening up something else.

I'd love to find a fix!

I've definately got the seat rattle. When I bought the car I had a shop change all the fluids and asked them to take a look at the seat while they were at it. They said they tightened up the slider bar, but it didn't fix it. If I apply pressure to the seat back towards the passenger door it will stop. I don't know if that indicates a problem with the seat back, or if the pressure is tightening up something else.

I'd love to find a fix!

I have the seat rattle also. Attempted to repair, but seems seat back is causing the rattle on mine....

I noticed this same issue when I rented a GT-H vert back in 2008. Thought maybe there was a wheel out of balance. Might try reclining the seat back further to put a bit more leverage on the hinges to seat base.

I did find when I place my backpack in the seat against the seat back it tended to vibrate much less.

Keith

I'd love to find a fix!

Archived