TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Driving lights

NMAv

Brand new to the forum and the world of Shelby's. Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. As I like to tinker with things one of the first things I was thinking to doing was adding some additional driving lights. The 2011 has a set of recessed driving/fog lights already but they don't seem to put out a lot of light. The HIDs do a nice job as well, but I've got limited vision at night and thought about adding a set of fog lights in the lower grill housing. I see there has been some discussion of this on pre 2010 models. has anyone done it on a 2011? The Shelby site sells a "brake duct bezel" but it appears to be out of stock and it isn't clear from teh web site what years it works with. Reading some of the posts here it seems like it will not work with the 2011. Any insights, are appreciated. Pictures of this type of modification would be great as well.

Thanks in advance,

Brand new to the forum and the world of Shelby's. Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. As I like to tinker with things one of the first things I was thinking to doing was adding some additional driving lights. The 2011 has a set of recessed driving/fog lights already but they don't seem to put out a lot of light. The HIDs do a nice job as well, but I've got limited vision at night and thought about adding a set of fog lights in the lower grill housing. I see there has been some discussion of this on pre 2010 models. has anyone done it on a 2011? The Shelby site sells a "brake duct bezel" but it appears to be out of stock and it isn't clear from teh web site what years it works with. Reading some of the posts here it seems like it will not work with the 2011. Any insights, are appreciated. Pictures of this type of modification would be great as well.

Thanks in advance,

You sound as if you have a new 2011 GT500, not a Shelby GT (2007-2008) so am moving this to that forum for comment.

Enjoy your new car!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone????

Thanks in advance,

Anyone????

Been a member for 2 years and recall many posts on both the fog lights and duct bezels---do a search in the forum and see what you can find--from memory, id say the lights were mid year last year===2010 and 2011 have the same exterior so should be same approach.Again, as i recall the thrust was replacing the lights with HID units

Do a search or even scan the topics first 3 pages or so.

they has been some topics about changing the halogen driving lights out for HID driving lights. There is a copy that makes a kit for an easy switch. You'll see the reviews/issues/complaints/etc.

As for mounting, you can look to at into the grill w/ a standard GT gill (may or may not fit), but you'll have to be careful, you don't want to mess with the cold air intake.

Good luck on your car.

OK , I did a search and found some posts about swapping to HID, but one thing I have noticed is that the housings just suck.

I want to do a complete replacement. I used the PIAA 510 kit on my Cobra and I love them. I don't know how I'd mount a set on the 500 though. Anyone else explore this avenue? Maybe some pics?

Thanks,

James

Archived