TEAM SHELBY FORUM

USB power

Torched10

i leave my Zune plugged into my USB port overnight. When i power up the car in the AM, my sync doesnt see my zune for the first few minutes.Im wondering if the USB port is under power all the time or not--does anyone know

• 4 weeks later...

My Zune HD was not always ready the when the car turned on. Sometimes it took a minute or two. Same thing in my SHO with the NAV.

BPMurr--thanks--i did my usual engineering tes--i would charge my zune on my laptop and bring it to the Shelby,and it starts right up everytime--then i leave it in the Shelby,and in a few days it has a delayed start up--i figure the battery in the Zune depletes.So now what i do is trun off my Zune when im finsihed driving,that way it doesnt depelte the charge--bob

kind of off topic here. but has anyone figured out a way to get the factory nav to play movies through the USB port? I hate that the only way to watch movies is to play a dvd!

i dont have a nav screen, but the Zune can load up movies, as I think an IPOD can as well---if it plays DVDs wouldnt it also play inputs from a bluetooth device as well

No the Nav will not play movies from the USB port. The Nav does not have a built in codec for decoding formats from the USB. It only recognizes wav files. (ex. aac, wmv, irt, ifo etc.) In order to play moves from a Ipod or zune you will need a converter. That is why your comp uses specific programs to play them. Without a codec it's not possible.

Archived