TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Deep Draw Hood

4.6 SHLB

I checked at Shelby Performance Parts the other day and found that there is no stock available for the "Shelby Deep Draw Hoods." Just wondering if there will be another production run of the "Deep Draw Hoods" that will fit the 07-08 Shelby GT's? This looks to be the best option for getting hot underhood air out of our SGT's, as I'd prefer to keep a Shelby hood instead of just another after market product on my SGT.

Bob

4.6 SHLB

post-28691-0-84272400-1294688030_thumb.jpg

post-28691-0-84272400-1294688030_thumb.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked at Shelby Performance Parts the other day and found that there is no stock available for the "Shelby Deep Draw Hoods." Just wondering if there will be another production run of the "Deep Draw Hoods" that will fit the 07-08 Shelby GT's? This looks to be the best option for getting hot underhood air out of our SGT's, as I'd prefer to keep a Shelby hood instead of just another after market product on my SGT.

Bob

4.6 SHLB

it has been this way for months (more like a year) ......no one at SPP or SA will commit to when they will ever be available again...........although "out of stock" suggests it will return.....

I would doubt it at this point.........I would love for someone to prove me wrong...........so I can order one too! :salute:

it has been this way for months (more like a year) ......no one at SPP or SA will commit to when they will ever be available again...........although "out of stock" suggests it will return.....

I would doubt it at this point.........I would love for someone to prove me wrong...........so I can order one too! :salute:

I f this car ( Terlingua Mustang ) 3_186489.jpg is no longer being made ,then I doubt it will very be available again . " got no parts " has this car has been removed from the Shelby Auto line up ? :lurk:

3_186489.jpg

"So what happens if, god forbid, an sgt were to get into an accident?"

They would probably have to buy one of the aftermarket look-a-like deep draw hoods!

I'm sure that the owner of a damaged SGT could get a replacement. Standard Ford hood, scoop added. No big deal.

Jer

So what happens if, god forbid, an sgt were to get into an accident?

The owner would go to any Ford dealer and order a Mustang hood just like what comes on a Shelby GT. If they in addition need the hood scoop they would contact Shelby American.

Deep draw hoods were not standard equipment on Shelby GT's.

Steve

Gosh everyone, I didn't think there was anyone else out there that was interested in the "Deep Draw Hood." Maybe my inquiry will spark some interest in the Shelby heirarchy to punch out a few more of these hoods and market them. As, I'll just bet there are a bunch of Mustang GT, maybe GT 500 (if it clears the blower) and of course Shelby GT owners that would like to get a good heat extraction hood for their rides. It would be a good addition to the Shelby Parts Store.

Bob

4.6 SHLB

Gosh everyone, I didn't think there was anyone else out there that was interested in the "Deep Draw Hood." Maybe my inquiry will spark some interest in the Shelby heirarchy to punch out a few more of these hoods and market them. As, I'll just bet there are a bunch of Mustang GT, maybe GT 500 (if it clears the blower) and of course Shelby GT owners that would like to get a good heat extraction hood for their rides. It would be a good addition to the Shelby Parts Store.

Bob

4.6 SHLB

+100

Guys, I checked into this the other day and we are getting closer. We have sent the molds to a new supplier and are awaiting some test samples. Once these test pieces have been signed off the supplier can then start producing the hoods.

Robert or Sharon will surely let everyone know when the hoods are back in stock.

Steve

Guys, I checked into this the other day and we are getting closer. We have sent the molds to a new supplier and are awaiting some test samples. Once these test pieces have been signed off the supplier can then start producing the hoods.

Robert or Sharon will surely let everyone know when the hoods are back in stock.

Steve

Steve....that's great news.....one question.......there were 2 different deep draw hoods.....the original for v6s and a later one with better clearance for the v8s......

this new one they are doing....will be the v8 one......correct?

(oh please oh please oh please)

The mold for the v8 is the only one now, that way one hood for both will work. There was really not two versions for sale at once. One was just the early version (v6). And the revised version. ( which fits v8).

Chris

The mold for the v8 is the only one now, that way one hood for both will work. There was really not two versions for sale at once. One was just the early version (v6). And the revised version. ( which fits v8).

Chris

thanks Chris.......I heard the new ones are awesome.....you could always sell me yours in the meantime! :baby:

I can't wait for the new supply to come in. I do have one question they do not come painted and striped are we able to order a stripe kit and how long does it take to get the stripe kit. I never see the stripe kit on shelby performance parts do they set them as an entire kit or can you just buy the hood section

Steve & Everyone Else:

Looks like the question resulted in something really good. Although I've had all my stripes painted on, if the "deep draw hood" becomes a reality I'll spring for one which will be painted Vista Blue & silver striped.

I wonder how one of these hoods would look with the Shelby GT hood scoop??? Am I weird, or what???

Bob

4.6 Shelby

Steve & Everyone Else:

Looks like the question resulted in something really good. Although I've had all my stripes painted on, if the "deep draw hood" becomes a reality I'll spring for one which will be painted Vista Blue & silver striped.

I wonder how one of these hoods would look with the Shelby GT hood scoop??? Am I weird, or what???

Bob

4.6 Shelby

I just wanna double check, do these new hoods clear a Whipple 550?

I just wanna double check, do these new hoods clear a Whipple 550?

They does clear the Whipple, but barely. Mine rubs just a hair at the front, and on the side from the CAI. I'm cool with it, it looks killer, and functions awesomely.

Edit: I would imagine that the new ones won't have that problem. You guys should be good. :)

Chris

Archived