TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Speedmeter not working

shane42

You probably let the magic smoke out. Happens a lot with automobile circuitry. Once the magic smoke escapes, there's few alternatives to getting it back in so the device/circuit/whatever will function again. I once saw a guy let all the magic smoke out of his motor home and he was months getting it all back in. Having experienced this myself with little furrin cars, I know how frustrating this can be. I've owned several MG's and currently have a Jensen Healey and a Fiat Spider and every one of them, at one time or another, has had the magic smoke escape from it. Both the JH and the Fiat, right now have circuits in which the smoke has escaped. Sometimes you can see it, like when a hot wire grounds out agains the steel steering column, and it's quite exciting. Other times, it's a slow or hidden escape and you only see (or don't see--as in headlights go dark) the results........

Here's my recommendation: http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm This product is specific to British cars, but believe me it works on all makes and models!

Good luck!

You probably let the magic smoke out. Happens a lot with automobile circuitry. Once the magic smoke escapes, there's few alternatives to getting it back in so the device/circuit/whatever will function again. I once saw a guy let all the magic smoke out of his motor home and he was months getting it all back in. Having experienced this myself with little furrin cars, I know how frustrating this can be. I've owned several MG's and currently have a Jensen Healey and a Fiat Spider and every one of them, at one time or another, has had the magic smoke escape from it. Both the JH and the Fiat, right now have circuits in which the smoke has escaped. Sometimes you can see it, like when a hot wire grounds out agains the steel steering column, and it's quite exciting. Other times, it's a slow or hidden escape and you only see (or don't see--as in headlights go dark) the results........

Here's my recommendation: http://www3.telus.ne...istry/smoke.htm This product is specific to British cars, but believe me it works on all makes and models!

Good luck!

Had a 59 Vauxhall that Jurcas Lucas did the wiring and Lockheed did the castings :banghead: The intravenous smoke would have been invaluable.

Archived