TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Etched Snake Door Handles

ati

I was browsing thru the Shelby Auto parts page to see if any of the "COMING FEBRUARY 2007" stuff was available yet.

I noticed that the ETCHED SNAKE DOOR HANDLES were missing. Anybody know whats up with that???

Alan

I was browsing thru the Shelby Auto parts page to see if any of the "COMING FEBRUARY 2007" stuff was available yet.

I noticed that the ETCHED SNAKE DOOR HANDLES were missing. Anybody know whats up with that???

Alan

Alan,

I left a voice for Bud who is the parts guy for SA. I asked for the status of the parts listed as "COMING IN FEB" and about the door handles. I'll let you know if he returns my call.

Ken

Alan,

I left a voice for Bud who is the parts guy for SA. I asked for the status of the parts listed as "COMING IN FEB" and about the door handles. I'll let you know if he returns my call.

Ken

Thanks Ken

This really SUCKS, S/A keeps you hanging for 3 months,"Coming in Feb","Coming in Feb"

Then they pull it from the list. W.T.F.!!!

If I ran my business this way I would not have of been able to afford to buy my Shelby.

W.T.F.

Alan

Thanks Ken

This really SUCKS, S/A keeps you hanging for 3 months,"Coming in Feb","Coming in Feb"

Then they pull it from the list. W.T.F.!!!

If I ran my business this way I would not have of been able to afford to buy my Shelby.

W.T.F.

Alan

Alan,

I couldn't agree with you more, I feel lied to and that really tees me off

Perhaps good taste overwhelmed the possibility for profits? :banana piano:

THAT is funny! Id like to see em make a Shift Knob that looks like a Cobra Head. Yes, Yes, I want the it to have glowing red eyes that light up when its time to shift. MUHAHAHAHA! :rockon: Seriously though, I do want it.... :baby: Door handles? Nah :nonono:

KC666

THAT is funny! Id like to see em make a Shift Knob that looks like a Cobra Head. Yes, Yes, I want the it to have glowing red eyes that light up when its time to shift. MUHAHAHAHA! :rockon: Seriously though, I do want it.... :baby: Door handles? Nah :nonono:

KC666

Cobra head shift knob that lights up, I'm liking that idea. Maybe some aftermarket company will jump on that. Alan, placed another call late afternoon and left another voice mail. I'll try one more time today.

Alan.

I tried two more times today but no dice. I left another voice mail so I'm guessing their to busy to deal with parts customers. If I knew what his email address was I would go that route. So maybe someone else on this forum can give us a hand. Maybe someone who lives in Vegas can help? :banghead:

Ken

Alan.

I tried two more times today but no dice. I left another voice mail so I'm guessing their to busy to deal with parts customers. If I knew what his email address was I would go that route. So maybe someone else on this forum can give us a hand. Maybe someone who lives in Vegas can help? :banghead:

Ken

Thanks for trying Ken.

It's probably some sort of a production problem,

When they re list it I'm sure it will have a updated price too. :confused::confused:

Alan

Alan,

Just got back from Shelby, bad news on the snake handles. I spoke to the head sales guy John, he said they are not going to happen as he put it "more trouble than they are worth" hope this helps. I picked up some other info on the 40th package and a couple other items if anyone is interested.

Steve

Alan,

Just got back from Shelby, bad news on the snake handles. I spoke to the head sales guy John, he said they are not going to happen as he put it "more trouble than they are worth" hope this helps. I picked up some other info on the 40th package and a couple other items if anyone is interested.

Steve

Steve,

That SUCKS, I was so looking foreword to those snake handles. : :angry2: :cry:

I'm interested in any and all the info you got.

Thanks,

Alan

I for one liked the door handles alot.

I am SOoooooo glad i opted out of the 40th package and built the car myself. The little things that i really liked about the package (door handles,hood vents,personal touches, are disappearing or being revised .Whats going to be left for $11K?? set of shocks and some wheels LOL LOL Ill pass.

Spoke with the guy that etched my windows, door handles are next, the hell with waiting for SA

OK Norm,

It's up to you, lets see your version of the snake handles. :tease:

Alan

Well,

I was told some of the parts leaving the website are because they want some items to be unique to the 40th package. The package for coups is $11,200, I was told everyone that gets put on the list will get a call. The order for the numbering system depends on your place on the list, not when your car is received! If you place a deposit and get put on the list that determines your S/N for the car. Also, they will be coming out with chrome Razors in the near future (unknown price). They had a 40th anniversary Shelby there that was in the back, I just missed it. Hope to get pictures next trip. They had several GTH's with mods that looked pretty cool. They have a supercharger and some other goodies that are going to be included in a package for those cars. The plaques are supposed to be online THIS week. I was told we will have to submit our VIN's to a 3rd party for engraving, Mr. Shelby has pre-signed the plaques. Shelby does not want to be responsible for errors on the engraving (lazer etched), thus the reason for giving our numbers directly to them. Armrest pads are not going to be produced with the logo shown on the website, they apparently had issues with the snake logo for some reason. They are looking at re-designing, unknown if that will happen at all. They had Borlas on all the cars, looked cool. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head, they told me a lot, I just didn't write it down.

Steve

Well,

I was told some of the parts leaving the website are because they want some items to be unique to the 40th package. The package for coups is $11,200, I was told everyone that gets put on the list will get a call. The order for the numbering system depends on your place on the list, not when your car is received! If you place a deposit and get put on the list that determines your S/N for the car. Also, they will be coming out with chrome Razors in the near future (unknown price). They had a 40th anniversary Shelby there that was in the back, I just missed it. Hope to get pictures next trip. They had several GTH's with mods that looked pretty cool. They have a supercharger and some other goodies that are going to be included in a package for those cars. The plaques are supposed to be online THIS week. I was told we will have to submit our VIN's to a 3rd party for engraving, Mr. Shelby has pre-signed the plaques. Shelby does not want to be responsible for errors on the engraving (lazer etched), thus the reason for giving our numbers directly to them. Armrest pads are not going to be produced with the logo shown on the website, they apparently had issues with the snake logo for some reason. They are looking at re-designing, unknown if that will happen at all. They had Borlas on all the cars, looked cool. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head, they told me a lot, I just didn't write it down.

Steve

Thanks for all the info.

Well,

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the update.

I'm not doing the 40th package, I can't justify the cost.

To bad about the snake door handles, I thought they were cool. :shrug:

Alan

Archived