TEAM SHELBY FORUM

changing spark plugs advice

Bump, any thoughts

I used them with my KB SC and they lasted a little over a year. May or may not have been the tune (Jon Lund tune), but changed over to autolite HT0's and haven't had a problem since. I read both good and bad reviews on the ford racing plugs and decided to take a chance. In hind site I wish I would've heeded the warnings of those that had issues with them. Would have saved me money and the headache of changing them again so soon. This is just my experience, I'm sure their are others that have used them and not had any issue, but wanted t share so you had something.

I would do the HT0's or the brisk. Both have been recommended by the local shops in my area.

Jeff

I used them with my KB SC and they lasted a little over a year. May or may not have been the tune (Jon Lund tune), but changed over to autolite HT0's and haven't had a problem since. I read both good and bad reviews on the ford racing plugs and decided to take a chance. In hind site I wish I would've heeded the warnings of those that had issues with them. Would have saved me money and the headache of changing them again so soon. This is just my experience, I'm sure their are others that have used them and not had any issue, but wanted t share so you had something.

I would do the HT0's or the brisk. Both have been recommended by the local shops in my area.

Jeff

I heard this from another person. Actually only lasted about 6 months. Not good. Thanks.

Based on a recommendation from Albino and your post MyBlueHeaven I will be ordering and installing Autolite HTO's gapped at .035. Hope I have no breaks.

I've had my plugs out several times over the years and not had an issue. The First time when I installed the KB SC. I followed what was said in post #1. Mine weren't in for too long a period of time (4 yrs, 25k miles) and were original. I sprayed a quick shot of liquid wrench/PB blaster in each plug port and let it sit about a half an hour. Then I slowly loosened them working them back and forth once they broke loose. I had no issue what so ever and they all came out no problem. Before I installed the new ones I put some of the anti seize on them to prevent them from getting the deposits and locking up in the future.

The TSB for the plug removal (TSB 08-7-6 post#18) says to use the motorcraft carburetor-tune up cleaner, but I wasn't comfortable with the whole hydro lock warning they put below step 2.

Good luck, the HT0's are good plugs, they'll do you fine. Let us know how it goes.

Jeff

I contacted Paxton so I could order a new belt since in the near future I will be taking my alternator off to replace a broken stud. May as well replace the original belt that was installed with the SC back in 2009 since it is coming off. I also spoke with tech support while I was at it and asked what their suggestion on plugs was for my 2006 GT-H with the Novi 1200. Intersting enough they recommend the stock OEM plugs gapped @ .032. Thoughts?

I contacted Paxton so I could order a new belt since in the near future I will be taking my alternator off to replace a broken stud. May as well replace the original belt that was installed with the SC back in 2009 since it is coming off. I also spoke with tech support while I was at it and asked what their suggestion on plugs was for my 2006 GT-H with the Novi 1200. Intersting enough they recommend the stock OEM plugs gapped @ .032. Thoughts?

I would guess they know what's best for the set up. Mine are gapped at .032. That's what Jon Lund recommended for my tune.

• 2 years later...

The only 1 piece spark plugs that i found years ago when i changed mine at 10,000 miles was champion .  I am pretty sure there are more companies making one piece plugs by now since it has been a problem for years....I thought someone said years ago Brisk made some...

Archived