TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BJ Shelby Withdrawal

twobjshelbys

The for sale forum is closed so I can't tag on to the topic that already existed.

I know it's gone to a good home, but I sure do miss 08SGT2247 and hope that it is happy.

I kind of feel like a mother that gave her child up for adoption.

When I go into the garage I no longer can look at the Cobra and Mustang and smile. I still smile at the Cobra but a little less because all that is next to it is a Jeep.

Sigh.

The for sale forum is closed so I can't tag on to the topic that already existed.

I know it's gone to a good home, but I sure do miss 08SGT2247 and hope that it is happy.

I kind of feel like a mother that gave her child up for adoption.

When I go into the garage I no longer can look at the Cobra and Mustang and smile. I still smile at the Cobra but a little less because all that is next to it is a Jeep.

Sigh.

Tony,

Say it ain't so, I always figured you would back out at the last minute.

GG

No worries Tony you have plenty of friends here that will share their cars with you. :hysterical: No really , I am always happy to let my friends take my cars for a ride as long as I am in the car with them. :slapfight: So if and when I get to meet you feel free to jump into the drivers seat.

Scotty :salute:

No worries Tony you have plenty of friends here that will share their cars with you. :hysterical: No really , I am always happy to let my friends take my cars for a ride as long as I am in the car with them. :slapfight: So if and when I get to meet you feel free to jump into the drivers seat.

Scotty :salute:

I didn't ask for visitation rights :) It's too far to Florida.

On to bigger and better cars is alway a good thing, but I understand your feelings Tony. These Shelbys become part of the family.

Best of luck with the FGT brother.

The Shelby was black with red stripes. I had kind of gotten tired of the care and feeding of the black paint, but after not having it any more I'm beginning to think that it wasn't so bad after all. It sure looks nice with the glossy after detailing. Then it occurred to me - there are lots of black no stripe FGTs. Maybe I could make it black with red stripe :) Maybe even do the heritage treatment on the front. I'm going to need to hone up my Photoshop skills.

I'm going to have to see how much this 2008 Vert goes for:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?aid=403&ln=433&pop=0&it=1

Doesn't show any 2008 BJ SGT's for auction this time

I wonder when this one will come up. Last night I think they were still under 100 when I turned the tv off. My 2008 is still for sale. I will be interested to see how much this sells for. Last time I saw one come up, the selling price was low.

Jill

I have this reminder.

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_1669.jpg

So sorry....Our 2008 is still for sale. Every time I walk by it in the garage I know that if we do sell.... I will miss that car! Would not be for sale if we could afford to keep. Hoping that economy will continue to turn for the better...

Jill

I wonder when this one will come up. Last night I think they were still under 100 when I turned the tv off. My 2008 is still for sale. I will be interested to see how much this sells for. Last time I saw one come up, the selling price was low.

Jill

That car should come up some time late evening today (Wed, 19-Jan). The 3xx-4xx cars are today. The number puts it pretty close to the end of prime-time coverage, if it is even in there at all. Could be 9:00-10:00 or later.

If there were BJ SGTs at the auction my guess is that it would be going to charity. I was approached to bring mine again but I needed the cash more than the tax write off.

That car should come up some time late evening today (Wed, 19-Jan). The 3xx-4xx cars are today. The number puts it pretty close to the end of prime-time coverage, if it is even in there at all. Could be 9:00-10:00 or later.

If there were BJ SGTs at the auction my guess is that it would be going to charity. I was approached to bring mine again but I needed the cash more than the tax write off.

Thanks....I will be sure and watch to the end tonight. Was there a BJ edition auctioned for charity last year? I seem to remember one. Beautiful car!

Jill

Tony,

There is a simple solution to your condition (seperation anxiety) and I have the correct medicine, I'll sell you the front of mine and you can supercharge it and keep it for six months out of the year.

Your months would be during the winter and spring when it would need to be garaged.

GG

Archived