TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shop / mechanic

SuperSnake07171

I ordered some parts to put on my super snake . The hood lift kit requires drilling in the hood I'm not willing to do. I like a mechanic that could do that plus service . I'm hoping somebody knows a good place to take my car in the s.f. bay area.

Thx

Talk to Joe Silva at Custom Alignment in Mountain View

I ordered some parts to put on my super snake . The hood lift kit requires drilling in the hood I'm not willing to do. I like a mechanic that could do that plus service . I'm hoping somebody knows a good place to take my car in the s.f. bay area.

Thx

What hood lift kit did you get?

SS171, sorry to derail your forum for a moment, but do you have your car listed in the Shelby registry? If it isn't, and you need a hand getting it registered, please send me a PM here and I will help you navagate through the process. I ask because I am a SS registar and want to make sure that all SS's are in the registry.

And with respect to your hood lifts, if they are Redline lifts, be sure that your mechanic test fits the upper recievers (the sockets that get drilled into the hood) with two sided tape first. Have him affix the sockets onto the hood with the tape, and then close the hood gingerly to insure that the sockets are not going to run into the inner fender where the fender bolts to the front clip. If they do, then he will need to make adjustments to the sockets (light bending in a vise) until they clear the inner fender when the hood is completely closed and latched.

Good luck! :salute:

Archived