TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT 5OO WINGS PICTURES

dupuyf

ATTACHED ARE THE PICTURES , THE SNAKE I TOOK OFF MY CAR

HAS INLIGHNMENT OR DIAL PINS TWO OF THEM SO YOU CAN NOT TURN THE SNAKE

JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT FIT RIGHT, I BUY ALL MY STUFF FROM THE SHELBY DEALER.

I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR THEM. THIS IS NOT FITTING RIGHT OR I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG

ANY SUGGESTIONS.

2008 SHELBY GT 500

FD

post-19421-0-29460000-1294437216_thumb.jpgpost-19421-0-55466600-1294437264_thumb.jpgpost-19421-0-52900700-1294437298_thumb.jpg

post-19421-0-29460000-1294437216_thumb.jpg

post-19421-0-55466600-1294437264_thumb.jpg

post-19421-0-52900700-1294437298_thumb.jpg

Why are you starting a new thread? Robert and Sharon are attempting to resolve your issue on your original thread.

HAD A HARD TIME INSTALLING THE PICTURE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I COULD OR KNEW HOW TO POST IT

MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED I WILL SENT THEM BACK , WILL COST ME SHIPPING AND A NEW COBRA SNAKE

BUT THATS LIFE

FD

THIS IS NOT FITTING RIGHT OR I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG

ANY SUGGESTIONS.

post-19421-0-29460000-1294437216_thumb.jpgpost-19421-0-55466600-1294437264_thumb.jpgpost-19421-0-52900700-1294437298_thumb.jpg

What's wrong with the wings in the 2nd pic?

That's exactly how they're supposed to look.

The first pic has them too low.

Where does the supplied template place them???

I actually think they look better than I imagined (in pic #2).

Now I hope for sure they come out with the grille snake wings. I think I'll likely go for all three (grille & rockers) and maybe still put my Powered By Ford emblems on the lower rocker. Or maybe up above the cut in the fender, back towards the door seam.

So seriously, what's the problem with pic #2?

Phill

What's wrong with the wings in the 2nd pic?

That's exactly how they're supposed to look.

The first pic has them too low.

Where does the supplied template place them???

I actually think they look better than I imagined (in pic #2).

Now I hope for sure they come out with the grille snake wings. I think I'll likely go for all three (grille & rockers) and maybe still put my Powered By Ford emblems on the lower rocker. Or maybe up above the cut in the fender, back towards the door seam.

So seriously, what's the problem with pic #2?

PHILL I LIKE THE WING MYSELF, BUT WITH THE SNAKE ON THE CAR IT IS OFF,I TRYED TO LOOK AT IT OTHERWAY BUT COULD NOT LIVE WITH IT

BUT THAT ME, IF IT IS GOOD FOR YOU BUY YOU A SET, WILL NOT WORK FOR ME.

THANKS FD

Phill

The problem is if you install them like in pic number 2, the wings will be on a significant slant, not parallel to the ground. you cannot turn the snake to match the contours of the wings. They are just designed and made wrong. Once again, SAI takes forever to get something to market and then still gets the most basic parts wrong.

The wings do not fit the snake as mounted on the car. Very glad I did not order them as soon as available. Almost did but the little birdie said to wait, this is SAI.

FD, why would you have to pay shipping to return a defective product? SAI needs to buck up or be made to. The snake can be reused with new 3m mounting tape available at autozone and others.

The problem is if you install them like in pic number 2, the wings will be on a significant slant, not parallel to the ground. you cannot turn the snake to match the contours of the wings. They are just designed and made wrong. Once again, SAI takes forever to get something to market and then still gets the most basic parrts wrong.

The wings do not fit the snake as mounted on the car. Very glad I did not order them as soon as available. Almost did but the little birdie said to wait, this is SAI.

FD, why would you have to pay shipping to return a defective product? SAI needs to buck up or be made to. The snake can be reused with new 3m mounting tape available at autozone and others.

:yup: The set that I received is pretty much the same as described above.

The problem is if you install them like in pic number 2, the wings will be on a significant slant, not parallel to the ground. you cannot turn the snake to match the contours of the wings. They are just designed and made wrong. Once again, SAI takes forever to get something to market and then still gets the most basic parrts wrong.

/quote]

At last a menber who knows what he is talking about , thank you sir, i'll try to get them to pay my shipping back to them

i'll try the 3m mounting tape too! Thanks for all your help

FD

Glad I waited - sounds like a quality control issue. I suspect SAI has a provision for this in their contract and the vendor as well as SAI will make it right so that they can get the sales moving and start on the grill emblem.

The problem is that Ford is the one with the issues of some of the Snakes being crooked. It does not look bad at all if it is away from the Snake as in the above Photos. You could always remove the Snakes, cut off just one of the Pins and reinstall the Snake making sure it is at the right angle.

/quote]

At last a menber who knows what he is talking about , thank you sir, i'll try to get them to pay my shipping back to them

i'll try the 3m mounting tape too! Thanks for all your help

FD

I inspected these while at the Bash, the problem with these, if the snake is off on the car, the wings will make that stand out! The parts are not defective

Mine are also way off :banghead: The only was to get them level is to move them away from the cobra emblem.

I see what you are all talking about but I would not call that "WAY OFF". Anyone checking out the car is not going to notice unless you point it out to them. Besides, who is going to even see them at 80MPH. I'm sorry, I just don't see a problem with this, it's not even close to the problems with the Clutch or the Stripes, its decoration, nothing more.

It doesn’t matter now anyways, SOLD OUT. If they do start making them again, maybe they will have two versions, one for properly aligned snakes and one for crooked ones! There can't be that many crooked ones....can there? If yes.......Like I said, make 2 of em.

For a 130.00USD!! I want them to fit regardless of the issue. Those two small pieces should be coated in silver for that price!

As for the clutches, don't get me started on that one!

Ok--I received my wings and templates (two weeks after I ordered them). The product looks very nice. However- the wings do not align with the cobra (on either side) in a manner that allows them to be parallel with other lines on the car. If I were to space the wings away from the cobra I don't think that looks good. Utilization of the template complicates installation- the exact opposite of its intended purpose. I will be returning this purchase to SPP. Since we can no longer get a grill receiver they now serve no useful purpose in my possession.

Archived