TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 GTH For Sale In Canada

GTH for sale on ebay that is in Canada. Might be a good buy for someone in Canada since the car has already been imported, basically the hard work is done.

I'm not vouching for the seller or the car. Just posting a heads up for our Canadian friends.

Steve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-GT-H-Shelby-GT-H-Hertz-rent-racer-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf450c333QQitemZ330516448051QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

I saw it too... Pictures are very poor, no CSM plaque photos, gold calipers and the shifter looks different?! Other than that not a bad buy

UPDATE ON MINE, 06H158, Relisted on Ebay again due to the original buyer getting served with divorce papers over the Christmas period apparently so all his funds were locked. My auction ends tomorrow so we'll see what happens.. Reserve is $27,000.00.. Currently at $24,100, 5 bidders, 67 watchers.. I hope she sells and goes to a good home.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-SHELBY-GT-H-Shelby-GT-H-158-500-Hertz-/120666650363?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c184af6fb

Hey...If I can make room for three...then you can certainly make room for two...you may have to get rid of lets say.....a wife.....but trust me... it's all good...lol..

But then who would babysit the kids??????

JUST KIDDING !!!!

:hysterical:

• 2 months later...

Just a note of interest, In talking to the RIV office The 2006 GT-H are NO longer able to be imported into Canada.

They were admissible previously, and those that were imported are fine, But you CANNOT import them now.

Transport Canada has asked SAI for certain documents to be provided and they have not provided them, so until SAI submits the requested info

No more LEGAL imports.

feel free to contact me if you need more info.

Mike

Just a note of interest, In talking to the RIV office The 2006 GT-H are NO longer able to be imported into Canada.

They were admissible previously, and those that were imported are fine, But you CANNOT import them now.

Transport Canada has asked SAI for certain documents to be provided and they have not provided them, so until SAI submits the requested info

No more LEGAL imports.

feel free to contact me if you need more info.

Mike

Have you tried or is that information off of the riv website???

Have you tried or is that information off of the riv website???

I import many vehicles into Canada each month mostly commercial trucks with the odd sportscar.

This information was directly to me from the head of the RIV office in Toronto in person.

GT 500 you can import, Just not Shelby branded product.

I am posting this hoping for someone SAI will chime in.

Mike

Just thought I'd chime in here. As for Shelby produced cars - Transport Canada guidelines state that the 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR, and 2007 and newer Ford Mustang Shelby GT and GT-H models are admissable.

2006 GT-H models are not specifically listed....so they would therefore be covered under the " All other Ford vehicles modified by companies such as Saleen Performance Cars and Shelby Industries, Inc. are inadmissible. "

Makes no sense...but that is how the rules read at this time....

A few years ago the 07 GT-H was banned as well. I am not sure if I helped or not but I got onto the phone to the head office of Ford Canada, the RIV AND Transport Canada. I basically spent hours on the phone bitching to all three levels involved. Each level blamed the other for banning these cars.

What I think may have finally made some difference is that I got to some higher levels of Ford Canada and asked "how is it possible that a car that is built in North America with the help of Canadian parts and labor suppliers could be banned in Canada?"

I also suggested that it might make a good news story that a Ford built product is banned in Canada while a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche are fine to bring into the country. After making this suggestion, a short while later the 07 GT-H and the 07 SGT were allowed.

Maybe it's just a coincidence but I think my phone calls may have had some influence.............. or maybe I just have an over inflated sense of esteem. :D

If you want to read about some of my RIV and importation adventures on bringing an 07 GT-H into Canada, check out the following link and start reading on post #45 (4th paragraph).

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33455-manual-2007gt-hertz-convertible/page__st__40

It makes me queasy just thinking about it all.

QSS

Archived