TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ride height

shane42

I lowered my car with the ford racing springs that drop it 1.25" and put the 20" super snake wheels with 295x35x20 tires on the rear, the problem I'm having is when I'm driving if the is a bump in the road the rear tire rubs the fender. It just barely rubs. What can I do to raise the ride height just about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch? what about using a spring rubber?

295x35 are approx 28.1" tall.

What brand of tire? Every tire manufacture is slightly different.

I have the same suspension setup on my super snake. The super snake stock rim/tire set up is 27.7" tall.

You should only be getting very little tire rub.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55653-bigger-rear-tires/

• 4 weeks later...

I lowered my car with the ford racing springs that drop it 1.25" and put the 20" super snake wheels with 295x35x20 tires on the rear, the problem I'm having is when I'm driving if the is a bump in the road the rear tire rubs the fender. It just barely rubs. What can I do to raise the ride height just about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch? what about using a spring rubber?

Hey,

Do you think a 285x35x20 would take care about the problem?

The Envo's seem to run taller than other brands which is not helping your situation. You could always go the wheel widening route. Several threads on widening the Alcoa's. Then run wider tire like a 305/30.

Archived