TEAM SHELBY FORUM

YELLOW 2007 CALIFORNIA SPECIAL MUSTANG !

robertlane

I really like this car it looks so aggressive just sitting there in traffic. The man in the photos appears to like this car he has a smile on his face :D .

I agree. This car has stance and style something missing in the Shelby GT500. Don't get me wrong. I love the new Shelby: its aggressive front end and awsome performance potential, but it is despirately missing a good side stance e.g. side scoops and flashy wheels. The GT/CS looks great and seems more powerful sitting still then the Shelby. Though the 2007 Shelby will eat it on the street, I expect the GT/CS to boost HP over the standard GT by 50+HP. Something must seperate the Shelby and the GT and for now the GT/CS is the only thing Ford is willing to disclose.

If you didn't look hard, you would miss the GT/CS stripe on the black and blue cars.

Do you know where any pics are of the black and blue cars? How would you have a black car with a black stripe? That doesn't make any sense to me. Does anyone know when Ford will release some official pics of the GT/CS? I may be interested in ordering one but probably not if the spoiler looks like the ducktail one on the white car. That is just really ugly IMO.

I've been talking to a dealer and they said they can take my order with a deposit but they don't even have pricing yet. Does anyone have any idea of when pricing and ordering info will become available? You would think that a dealer could talk to their Ford rep and find out this kind of thing but apparently not.

Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated from a first time Mustang owner (hopefully)!!!!!

-Rich-

We'll post a pic of the blue GT/CS tonight.

The pics of the vista blue look pretty awesome! I'm curious, how do you guys know the GT/CS package will go for $1895? My dealership doesn't even have the pricing yet. Or they're just too lazy to make a call and find out. I think that $1895 isn't too bad considering that this package comes with the 18" wheel upgrade which I believe alone costs around $1200.

Thanks for all the info you guys provide. I've learned alot on this site and I'm looking forward to placing my order pretty soon.

-Rich-

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I am new on the boards. I did order a CS Convert. on 4/28 after seeing the pics on this website. Yes, it's a white one. Not that I plan to drive it every day but when it's 100+ out for 4 months, you don't want red or black. Anyway, I got the same info posted above. Sales manager knows nothing about what the end unit price is going to be let alone what rear spolier it will have or the delivery date. The agreement is, I can change my mind when it gets here. They said somone will want to buy it as soon as it's rolled off the truck so it's doubtfull they will be stuck with the inventory.

• 4 weeks later...

To be true to the original CS, the decal "GT/CS" needs to be located on top of the air scoop and not to the front of the car doors. Spolier needs to be a duck tail, not a wing. There are a host of other things as well. All Ford did was make it an effects package. Ford missed the boat on this one...

To be true to the original CS, the decal "GT/CS" needs to be located on top of the air scoop and not to the front of the car doors. Spolier needs to be a duck tail, not a wing. There are a host of other things as well. All Ford did was make it an effects package. Ford missed the boat on this one...

I dont understand the Blue with black strip you can not even see the california decal. They should have made the strip white. Why so many dark colors for the California? why not Orange or Yellow?

I agree they missed the boat saw the photos of the yellow prototype really liked it in that color.

I dont understand the Blue with black strip you can not even see the california decal. They should have made the strip white. Why so many dark colors for the California? why not Orange or Yellow?

I agree they missed the boat saw the photos of the yellow prototype really liked it in that color.

Here is a Blue prototype

post-4943-1148925712_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148925733_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148925878_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148925909_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148925712_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148925733_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148925878_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148925909_thumb.jpg

I would love to see a black GT/CS - preferably with a white stripe....Anyone have any pics? Any info on when prices will be available? I want to wait, but if I can't get my hands on one before August/September, then I'm just gonna have to go out this weekend and buy an 06'..... I guess I can always trade it in if the CS knocks my socks off....

Tony

Archived