TEAM SHELBY FORUM

clutch makes a squeak sound

kawwy600

whenever i release my clutch it makes a little squeak sound upon full release. it used to do this from 2k-4k miles then went away and now the sound is back at 9800 miles. there is no difference in performance and the car still performs like new yet this sound is really annoying. when it first started the dealer said break in the car more and they were right but now its back. any suggestions?

In previous cars (not Mustangs), I've had similar issues. Make sure it's just a squeak and not a grinding feeling.

When my clutch pedal has squeaked, the dealer just reassembled the pedal and added grease.

On another car, the pedal had a grinding, rough spot both when engaging and disengaging the clutch. That turned out to be a bad throwout bearing.

• 4 weeks later...

My Trans Am did something similar after I had the clutch replaced. IT didn't do it for about 40K miles, then it started. I didn't notice any degredation of performance, and I sold it before it broke, so I am at a loss other than to say I had a T56 equipped car that did it, too (T56=TR6060's evolutionary ancestor, very similar)

Archived