TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS Prices on the Rise AGAIN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tesgt350, in Pa you can sign up with any company that has the ability to sell energy in the state. With regards to electric power ,there are at least 7 companies that you can individually buy from supposedly to get the best rate. However once dereg took place they ALL jacked up their prices!!!!!!!!!!!!The consumer screwed AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Same thing will soon apply to NGas :censored:

I have to admit....thats cool that you have that many Power Companies. Our area only has TWO, and they own their own Power Lines and they don't share. So if you want Talquin Electric, you have to live in that area of Town that has Talquin. If you want City (Tallahassee) Power, you have to live in the City. We only have ONE Cable Company to and they keep going up on there rates a little at a time. I hope that Gas does not go up that fast, I can barely afford it now as it is........................ I don't know what I will do if it goes up like it did before.

When I was in high school in the late 60's there were two stations doing a "gas war" and it hit 24.9c/gal...

Yep, I remember Gas Wars. Stations across from each other at Intersections would have them all the Time. NOW, the term "GAS WARS" has a whole new meaning, sad to say.........

Here's a picture of a pump taken on Jan, 4, 2009 (two years ago today). Don't tell me that the current price of gas is anything but manipulation.

IMG00303-20090104-1338.jpg

This was in Boulder, CO which typically has prices 10c higher than the surrounding area (because they can - after all it's Boulder and you're not supposed to drive). Most stations here also have a 10c / octane step so this place was odd...

Got to maximize profits...

Here's a picture of a pump taken on Jan, 4, 2009 (two years ago today). Don't tell me that the current price of gas is anything but manipulation.

IMG00303-20090104-1338.jpg

This was in Boulder, CO which typically has prices 10c higher than the surrounding area (because they can - after all it's Boulder and you're not supposed to drive). Most stations here also have a 10c / octane step so this place was odd...

Got to maximize profits...

Wow that s cheap. This should make you feel good ours is $5.08 a gallon for regular on top of that we ship 2,000 barrels of oil every day to the United States go figure.

Wow that s cheap. This should make you feel good ours is $5.08 a gallon for regular on top of that we ship 2,000 barrels of oil every day to the United States go figure.

That is our price per liter

How much of that is taxes though? Proportionally to its price, motor fuel is the most heavily taxed thing you buy. In the US at least, those taxes keep every road from being a toll road. I believe tobacco products recently lapped gas. Alcohol is also heavily taxed, especially distilled spirits.

Since I landed here in NJ near 2 weeks ago...I haven't really paid the pump much attention, but as Wick recommended to me a while back, I have definitely found 'my guy' at the station! :happy feet:

There will only be one guy gassin' up the 500, if it can't be me!

Thanks for the tip Wick!! :salute:

Went up another 6c/gal overnight last night. $2.79. I predict it will be $3+ before the end of the month.

DAMN, your at JUST $2.799? I filled up today at $3.099 and that's for Reg-Unleaded.

Since I landed here in NJ near 2 weeks ago...I haven't really paid the pump much attention, but as Wick recommended to me a while back, I have definitely found 'my guy' at the station! :happy feet:

There will only be one guy gassin' up the 500, if it can't be me!

Thanks for the tip Wick!! :salute:

:rockon:

Gassed up the old Exploder today... Central NJ...

87 proof...$3.08 & 9/10ths!!! :hysterical:

edit- :hysterical: on the 9/10ths

yea rub in those cheep prices!!

what is that about 1.50 cheaper than you were paying 2 months ago?

yea rub in those cheep prices!!

what is that about 1.50 cheaper than you were paying 2 months ago?

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for remembering me bud! Yes, you are right...Canadian prices are 'off the charts', as you well know!

It's curious though, as there are lots of SMART cars in the GTA, and they don't really get good fuel economy. But...Canadians do like their small imports, ie: Hyundais, Toyota Echos, Minis, and the ever popular Mercedes B200! Here, I am noticing that people aren't so interested in these little sh!tboxes................................................................................YET!!!

edit- You still off the stogies, Glenn?

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for remembering me bud! Yes, you are right...Canadian prices are 'off the charts', as you well know!

It's curious though, as there are lots of SMART cars in the GTA, and they don't really get good fuel economy. But...Canadians do like their small imports, ie: Hyundais, Toyota Echos, Minis, and the ever popular Mercedes B200! Here, I am noticing that people aren't so interested in these little sh!tboxes................................................................................YET!!!

edit- You still off the stogies, Glenn?

Yes; have had 4 smokes since September 21 usally when I have had too much wine :hysterical:Only bad part I seem to have started to grow again like about 20lbs :banghead: I can't start smoking again cause I will be fat smoker if I do.

Those SMART cars are quite common out here on the left coast. but they are very fuel waste full in gal per energy produced. 20% or something silly like that. I am quite sure our Shelbys get more energy out of a gal of gas than they do. Talked with a guy over the holidays who has been working with the hydrogen fuel cells, he was giving me #s of 70% eficient. They had a focus test car they had to detune; could not keep tires on it. Electric cars 100% of the torque right now!!

Glen

Yes; have had 4 smokes since September 21 usally when I have had too much wine :hysterical:Only bad part I seem to have started to grow again like about 20lbs :banghead: I can't start smoking again cause I will be fat smoker if I do.

Those SMART cars are quite common out here on the left coast. but they are very fuel waste full in gal per energy produced. 20% or something silly like that. I am quite sure our Shelbys get more energy out of a gal of gas than they do. Talked with a guy over the holidays who has been working with the hydrogen fuel cells, he was giving me #s of 70% eficient. They had a focus test car they had to detune; could not keep tires on it. Electric cars 100% of the torque right now!!

Glen

Oops, sorry, wrong Glen spelling!

Dude, 4 smokes in 3 months is commendable! Good for you. Keep it up, and you will not want any before long.

Yeah on the electric cars...there was a guy in Oakville Ontario where we lived that drove around in a Tesla roadster in the summer, basically showing it off every chance he had. Whatever!?

Anyway, he said that it was just as fast as any other muscle car that he had ever owned. Just didn't make any noise, and didn't have any 'grunt'! Hell, the exhaust note from my 500 is more than half of the excitement of driving the damn thing. Not to mention that a Tesla is like $125K or something ridiculous like that. And you will NEVER get your dough back out of it!

I'm all for saving dollars on gas and all, but on that odd sunny day when the temperature is just right, and the wife is at the mall, and the planets align, and I haven't had any Rickards white....I'm gonna go out and burn up as many old fossils as I can!!! :shift:

Regardless if the pump reads $10 a gallon!

Oops, sorry, wrong Glen spelling!

Dude, 4 smokes in 3 months is commendable! Good for you. Keep it up, and you will not want any before long.

Yeah on the electric cars...there was a guy in Oakville Ontario where we lived that drove around in a Tesla roadster in the summer, basically showing it off every chance he had. Whatever!?

Anyway, he said that it was just as fast as any other muscle car that he had ever owned. Just didn't make any noise, and didn't have any 'grunt'! Hell, the exhaust note from my 500 is more than half of the excitement of driving the damn thing. Not to mention that a Tesla is like $125K or something ridiculous like that. And you will NEVER get your dough back out of it!

I'm all for saving dollars on gas and all, but on that odd sunny day when the temperature is just right, and the wife is at the mall, and the planets align, and I haven't had any Rickards white....I'm gonna go out and burn up as many old fossils as I can!!! :shift:

Regardless if the pump reads $10 a gallon!

Even if we run out; I will start making alcohol in the back yard for the Shelby I do love the rumble and of course the wine of the SC. Just hope I don't blow myself up with the still :hysterical:

How much of that is taxes though? Proportionally to its price, motor fuel is the most heavily taxed thing you buy. In the US at least, those taxes keep every road from being a toll road. I believe tobacco products recently lapped gas. Alcohol is also heavily taxed, especially distilled spirits.

Correct , gas alcohol , & tobacco is heavily taxed here but also land tax is high & our goods & service tax is 13% on nearly everything we buy , :banghead:

Back to gas : it went up here again for the 3rd time in about 1.5 weeks. cum almost 20c

Tony,

There are many reasons for the price of fuels going up and down (mostly up), but at this time of year much of the increase in gasoline, diesel and jet fuel pricing is associated with what are referred to as refinery turnarounds, which are planned outages or shutdowns of the various operating units within the refinery for maintenance purposes. When this happens, oil companies must draw down their storage tank inventories of finished product to keep your local stations supplied. Here is a brief primer on why prices vary http://www.bionomicf...-happens-again/ .

Other factors of course are more obvious, like the BP oil platform explosion last year http://en.wikipedia....rizon_oil_spill, or hurricane damaged gulf platforms http://en.wikipedia....rricane_Katrina, refinery explosions like BP's Texas City incident http://en.wikipedia....inery_explosion or the current Alaska Pipeline shutdown http://online.wsj.co...3011328776.html .

Given all of these variables, motor fuels are still very affordable when you consider historical inflation which keeps a dollar from buying what it use to. Just look at the cost of bread, milk or whatever today compared to 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. I remember when I bought my first car (66 Mustang GT) gas was .35 cents a gallon, bread was .23 cents a loaf and a gallon of milk set you back $1.26 http://www.iwannaget...Files/1969.html . These products are all much higher today.

Its not to bad if your rich :hysterical: wait till the dollar falls apart then we will be paying 7-8 or more dollars a gallon..but it still wont be to bad if you are Rich....

Archived