TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS Prices on the Rise AGAIN

GAS Prices on the Rise AGAIN :censored::banghead: The cheapest here is $3.029 for Reg. Unleaded and $3.359 for Prem. Unleaded. :censored::banghead: NOW they are saying it will hit $3.75 by the Spring and up to $4.00 by Fall. They also say it will be over $5.00 a Gallon in 2012. :censored::censored::censored::banghead: I think they are telling us this so that when they DO raise the Price, we wont be as pissed off because we were already expecting it. :censored:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Oils-surge-in-2010-paves-the-apf-1258480888.html?x=0

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad we're not allowed to drill our own, esp. in the Gulf.

Gas is as high as $3.37 here in CT yesterday...for regular unleaded.

Ours is always at least 35 cents higher than anyone else because CT is a "Blue" high taxes state.

GAS Prices on the Rise AGAIN :censored::banghead: The cheapest here is $3.029 for Reg. Unleaded and $3.359 for Prem. Unleaded. :censored::banghead: NOW they are saying it will hit $3.75 by the Spring and up to $4.00 by Fall. They also say it will be over $5.00 a Gallon in 2012. :censored::censored::censored::banghead: I think they are telling us this so that when they DO raise the Price, we wont be as pissed off because we were already expecting it. :censored:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Oils-surge-in-2010-paves-the-apf-1258480888.html?x=0

Sorry Dave, I just can't get ruffled on this anymore......after 2 years in CAN, @ $4.80 for regular, I'm immune!

The oil companies gave themselves an early christmas present. Looks like the gift that keeps on giving.

You have to remember this about oil companies (or any other publicly traded company for that matter:

They only owe allegiance to the stockholders.

Second, and this is the kicker,

They recorded all time profits during a recession (and arguably a depression) by manipulating supply to force $4 gas about 2 years ago.

They've had their taste, and their shareholders demand blood once again. They have two ways of creating their profit margin: Reduce cost or increase price. Guess which one is going to win.

The winter prices we have now are unprecedented and only spell doom for this coming spring and summer.

steadily creeping up.....still a 2 in front for us on regular but not for long! :banghead:

I have noticed over the Years that New Jersey has always had the lowest Gas Prices..........why is that?

Gas is 3.15 to 3.50 a gal in Vegas Canadian dollar closed higher than the us. I can't wait to get in on the cheep prices for gas. Peddle down lets burn some of that cheep dyno fuel!!

We have been paying 5.00 for regular for months.

Sorry guys you are not going to catch up to us. You got to pay to play.

What happened to the idea (haha) of deregulation....the politicians term to say what they are doing will stimulate competitiveness between companies (haha). Total bulls**t .The politicians lifted the regs for electricity and nat gas in Pa with the idea that people can seek out the best price. You know what....all prices went up. There is a conspiracy my friends. What can we do??????????

What happened to the idea (haha) of deregulation....the politicians term to say what they are doing will stimulate competitiveness between companies (haha). Total bulls**t .The politicians lifted the regs for electricity and nat gas in Pa with the idea that people can seek out the best price. You know what....all prices went up. There is a conspiracy my friends. What can we do??????????

How are you going to "SHOP AROUND" for lower Electric and Lower Natural Gas. Around here one part of Town uses Electric owned by the City and the out Skirts of Town uses Talquin Electric, which is slowly being bought up by the city. Same goes for Natural Gas and not all areas can get Natural Gas. The only way to "SHOP AROUND" is to sell your House (or Business) and MOVE................ "Hey Honey, we are selling the House, Natural gas is 10cents Cheaper 4 Blocks over". ......... :hysterical:

Trying the new TS mobile app, so let's see how this post goes...

At the rate So Cal gas prices are going right now, bash attendees could be looking at $3.65 to $3.75 a gallon for premium fuel in the next couple of weeks or so. We're at an avg of $3.55 a gallon for premium now, but luckily Nevada doesn't place the same tax levies on gas that California does, so prices there should be A LITTLE better (?).

tesgt350, in Pa you can sign up with any company that has the ability to sell energy in the state. With regards to electric power ,there are at least 7 companies that you can individually buy from supposedly to get the best rate. However once dereg took place they ALL jacked up their prices!!!!!!!!!!!!The consumer screwed AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Same thing will soon apply to NGas :censored:

Trying the new TS mobile app, so let's see how this post goes...

At the rate So Cal gas prices are going right now, bash attendees could be looking at $3.65 to $3.75 a gallon for premium fuel in the next couple of weeks or so. We're at an avg of $3.55 a gallon for premium now, but luckily Nevada doesn't place the same tax levies on gas that California does, so prices there should be A LITTLE better (?).

Right on

Wish I could bring some home with me That is cheep even for a small gallon

Speaking of supply and demand, its no secret that our current Gov't has hurt the US supply capabilities, and it thats not bad enough, how 'bout this little news story...

Monday, January 3, 2:31 PM China's oil producers are using their deep pockets to continue a buying spree that saw $24B in deals in 2010. Look for acquisitions in the Gulf of Mexico, where high insurance costs and regulation have companies looking for an exit. "All the Chinese majors will be in North America in the next 2 years."

Cant wait for 2012, my 25 gallon F-150 with terrible gas mileage, cant wait for the $125 total at the gas pump.............but then u going to have some kind of save the world hippie be like "go get a hybird".......... yea I can afford $5/gallon plus car payments

Archived