TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MrFarmdog has a rail car #

mrfarmdog

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't get bent out of shape Grabber. It is not over until the car is in your driveway:)

Just when that train of mine was on a roll and Today was looking good Sat. everything went to crap. :rant:

Well the train has come and gone and my car is in the rail yard. Unfortunately I have to wait another day for my receiving dealer to get the paperwork from the dealer I purchased the car from and then another day to get it due to my work. It is OK though. I told the dealer not to wash it. I have a detailer that will prep it for stripes and then finalize the detail job after the stripes are put on. Regardless I am counting down the hours now!!!

Well the train has come and gone and my car is in the rail yard. Unfortunately I have to wait another day for my receiving dealer to get the paperwork from the dealer I purchased the car from and then another day to get it due to my work. It is OK though. I told the dealer not to wash it. I have a detailer that will prep it for stripes and then finalize the detail job after the stripes are put on. Regardless I am counting down the hours now!!!

Birdie says your wrong. BNSF has your rail car now.

Birdie spotted your car in Yale, TN at 15:21 and it will be at the final destination of SMYRNA, TN on 3/8/07 at 07:00.

Heres Proof:

Hey Grabber!

This has been kind of interesting. This morning about 11AM tracking said my rail car hit Memphis and I was stoked. Then it stated later in the day that it was at Berclair, TN. You now are saying it is at Yale, TN.

Berclair is a district in Memphis. There is a Yale avenue in Memphis as well. I expect that these may be scan points on the rail line or something. I now believe my rail car has not formally hit the rail head. However, Smyrna, TN is a town outside of Nashville so it must be off loaded tomorrow if it will be in Smyrna on the 8th.

Regardless I can not pick up my car until Friday so I will just have to be content with that. :cry:

Also UP tracking still says Berclaire

Empty Yes *Arrived BNSF BERCLAIR, TN 03/06/2007 11:30:00

Hey Grabber!

This has been kind of interesting. This morning about 11AM tracking said my rail car hit Memphis and I was stoked. Then it stated later in the day that it was at Berclair, TN. You now are saying it is at Yale, TN.

Berclair is a district in Memphis. There is a Yale avenue in Memphis as well. I expect that these may be scan points on the rail line or something. I now believe my rail car has not formally hit the rail head. However, Smyrna, TN is a town outside of Nashville so it must be off loaded tomorrow if it will be in Smyrna on the 8th.

Regardless I can not pick up my car until Friday so I will just have to be content with that. :cry:

Also UP tracking still says Berclaire

Empty Yes *Arrived BNSF BERCLAIR, TN 03/06/2007 11:30:00

This is the current print out from BSNF:

Trace Results

VIN

ID

Ld

Emp

Current Rptg

Road ETA - Final Destination Intchg

Road BO

Code

EVT

Date

Time

Rail Destination

Date

Hour

1ZVHT89S975308775 E YALE ,TN RI 03/06/2007 15:21 BNSF SMYRNA ,TN 03/08/2007 07:00 CSXT

on Equipment: ETTX908269 Next Event Code: DD

Next Event 333: YALE Next Event State: TN Next Event Date/Time: 03/08/2007 07:00:00

This is the current print out from BSNF:

Trace Results

VIN

ID

Ld

Emp

Current Rptg

Road ETA - Final Destination Intchg

Road BO

Code

EVT

Date

Time

Rail Destination

Date

Hour

1ZVHT89S975308775 E YALE ,TN RI 03/06/2007 15:21 BNSF SMYRNA ,TN 03/08/2007 07:00 CSXT

on Equipment: ETTX908269 Next Event Code: DD

Next Event 333: YALE Next Event State: TN Next Event Date/Time: 03/08/2007 07:00:00

Empty Yes *Interchange Delivered BNSF MEMPHIS, TN 03/08/2007 02:15:00

OK Grabber! I think this is what I was waiting for. The rail car sat just outside the rail yard for two days but appears to be there now. I will confirm with the dealer this AM! :hyper:

Empty Yes *Interchange Delivered BNSF MEMPHIS, TN 03/08/2007 02:15:00

OK Grabber! I think this is what I was waiting for. The rail car sat just outside the rail yard for two days but appears to be there now. I will confirm with the dealer this AM! :hyper:

I just looked your car up on the BNSF system. The status has now been changed to "Interchange Delivered".

Progress is good. :happy feet:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh:)

I have been waiting patiently up until a couple of days ago but I started having bad dreams.. Like I was stuck in "Released From Plant" pergatory. Well today I got an email from my dealer with a rail car number! WOOHOO!!!!

If anyone is interested in seeing what you can trace here is a link to UP tracking, use my car number and see the results you get.

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

And here is my rail car number: ETTX908269

I am not exactly sure what this is telling me but I think it means the it will be shipped on a CN Railroad car, that it is currently empty and that it is in route to Auto Alliance plant for loading. Can anyone help decypher this info?

Also does anyone know how often the UP tracking site updates? When I track my car it shows the date of the 25th even though today is the 28th.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh:)

I have been waiting patiently up until a couple of days ago but I started having bad dreams.. Like I was stuck in "Released From Plant" pergatory. Well today I got an email from my dealer with a rail car number! WOOHOO!!!!

If anyone is interested in seeing what you can trace here is a link to UP tracking, use my car number and see the results you get.

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

And here is my rail car number: ETTX908269

I am not exactly sure what this is telling me but I think it means the it will be shipped on a CN Railroad car, that it is currently empty and that it is in route to Auto Alliance plant for loading. Can anyone help decypher this info?

Also does anyone know how often the UP tracking site updates? When I track my car it shows the date of the 25th even though today is the 28th.

THE ETTX 908269 IS THE RAIL CAR # YOUR CAR WILL BE ON.....CHECK WITH THE RAILROAD TRANSPORTING YOUR CAR AND THEY CAN TELL YOU WHERE ITS AT !!

Mine is here!!!! I called the rail yard today and they told me it arrived two days ago and it was loaded on a transport to the dealer this morning. So I rushed down to the dealership but the carrier was not there yet. I waited around for a while and it showed up!!! There my black vert was on top with an alloy coupe behind it, both coming to the same dealer! I got pics of them unloading the cars and several people came out to see them. The one of the salesman stated that this was the first vert they had seen at this dealer.

I am trying to make sure everything is complete so I can pick up my car tomorrow. Unfortunately there is quite a bit of coordination between the credit union, the dealership that is selling me the car and the local dealership that is accepting delivery. I have instructed them not to wash the car. I have a detailer I trust that I will let take care of it for me.

I will post pics soon.

WOOHOO!

Guess what???

I have my car!!!! After BSing with the dealership they decided to let me have it today! I picked it up and drove it straight to the detailer who put a good wash on the outside! I took tomorrow off so it will be a good morning to break her in. I am hoping for a couple hundred miles! Going back to the detail shop at noon. They pointed out several spots where Ford did some polishing on the paint. It looks hazy and is very noticable on black but they assured me they can take care of it.

Woohoo! I will post pics later after the kids get to bed!

CONGRATS DOG!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

A Day for Good News... I received my VIN this morning! :headspin::headspin::headspin:

How much of an issue was it to have your car delivered to another dealer? I might consider the same for myself. Dealer in AL, but I'm in AZ...

Have Fun and Be Safe!

Keith

CONGRATS DOG!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

A Day for Good News... I received my VIN this morning! :headspin::headspin::headspin:

How much of an issue was it to have your car delivered to another dealer? I might consider the same for myself. Dealer in AL, but I'm in AZ...

Have Fun and Be Safe!

Keith

Keith

It really wasn't much of an issue at all but you need to make sure you pay off early so the money clears the bank and they send your certificate of origin to your receiving dealer before your car arrives or it could be sitting in their show room for a week or more.

Gotta find a name soon. This is typical for us though. We decided for names for all three of our kids when we were in the hospital. I guess I will wait to see her looks and personality before a name her.

We named our children the same way. You can have some thoughts but I don't think you can commit before you see them. At least IMHO. B)

Mine is here!!!! I called the rail yard today and they told me it arrived two days ago and it was loaded on a transport to the dealer this morning. So I rushed down to the dealership but the carrier was not there yet. I waited around for a while and it showed up!!! There my black vert was on top with an alloy coupe behind it, both coming to the same dealer! I got pics of them unloading the cars and several people came out to see them. The one of the salesman stated that this was the first vert they had seen at this dealer.

I am trying to make sure everything is complete so I can pick up my car tomorrow. Unfortunately there is quite a bit of coordination between the credit union, the dealership that is selling me the car and the local dealership that is accepting delivery. I have instructed them not to wash the car. I have a detailer I trust that I will let take care of it for me.

I will post pics soon.

WOOHOO!

Way to stay cool. B)

Congradulations! :banana piano:

Guess what???

I have my car!!!! After BSing with the dealership they decided to let me have it today! I picked it up and drove it straight to the detailer who put a good wash on the outside! I took tomorrow off so it will be a good morning to break her in. I am hoping for a couple hundred miles! Going back to the detail shop at noon. They pointed out several spots where Ford did some polishing on the paint. It looks hazy and is very noticable on black but they assured me they can take care of it.

Congratulations Farmdog!!!!!!!!

I am very happy for you!!!!! :headspin:

Post pictures as soon as you can!!!!

Judy

Guess what???

I am big time happy for you. I know how much anxiety goes with the wait and I did not wait as long as you.

Congratulations....

Archived